Bought a sparrow .22. Spacer or adapter?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

zimm17

Bought a sparrow .22. Spacer or adapter?

Post by zimm17 »

Just bought a sparrow .22. I plan to run it on my s&w 15-22, ruger 10/22, and advantage arms glock conversion. Looks like I need a .2 spacer or should I get the silencerco adaptor for o-ring engagement?

I have the long wait ahead, but at least I get visitation rights to shoot it at the shop. how many rounds of cci before it has to be cleaned? Doubt I can clean it properly while it's stuck at the gun shop for 6 months.
redtazdog
Elite Member

Re: Bought a sparrow .22. Spacer or adapter?

Post by redtazdog »

How long are the threads on each barrel ?
You are looking for somebody to agree you need a spacer but you dont say what the thread length on each barrel is
for us to help.
m1garand30064
Silent But Deadly

Post by m1garand30064 »

Assuming it is a factory threaded 10/22 tactical you'll need the silencerco spacer for that gun.
AAC 762SD
AAC M4-2000
Allen Engineering AE30
SilencerCo Sparrow (Aluminum)
SilencerCo Sparrow (Stainless)
SilencerCo Osprey .45
SWR Spectre II
SWR Octane 9 HD
redtazdog
Elite Member

Post by redtazdog »

Sometimes if the barrel has the longer threads they can be converted into the sparrow Oring threads
then no spacer is needed.
BLMJ

Post by BLMJ »

No, this is optional. Mine does fine with standard threads like the factory threaded Ruger 22/45 MkIII. I do have some custom threaded hosts with the o-ring extension but there really is no need. Not enough recoil with .22 for the thing to screw itself off (though I still check.) Is it really going to bug you just knowing that there is an 1/8in gap between the suppressor and the shoulder at the end of the threads?
btb601
Silent But Deadly

Post by btb601 »

I have the 10/22 tactical. It might be overkill, but I bought the spacer and the adapter for it.
zimm17

Post by zimm17 »

Took my guns into the shop to get them measured. The advantage arms threaded barrel on the glock is .4" and works. The ruger 10/22 Kidd barrel and s&w 15-22 both need .2" spacers, which I need to order.