ATF continued.......

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

z28orshoot
Silent Operator

Re: ATF continued.......

Post by z28orshoot »

i finally got mine back.

2 form ones sbr and suppressor
sent 5-1
pending 5-28
approved 10-17
recieved 10-21

talked with Barbara Payne when in called on the 17th, then approved by A. Feltner on the same day.

required pic
Robert P
01/03 SOT
www.rparms.com
Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahnsinn »

z28orshoot wrote:i finally got mine back.

sent 5-1
pending 5-28
approved 10-17
recieved 10-21

talked with Barbara Payne when in called on the 17th, then approved by A. Feltner on the same day.
She have anything to say when you called?
z28orshoot
Silent Operator

Post by z28orshoot »

Wahnsinn wrote:
z28orshoot wrote:i finally got mine back.

sent 5-1
pending 5-28
approved 10-17
recieved 10-21

She have anything to say when you called?

Nope just said she would get to that stack the next week...... it was approved that same day i called. So i dont know. She was nice and said she had "several quite large stacks on her desk." that was probably an understatement.
Robert P
01/03 SOT
www.rparms.com
fsteinba

Post by fsteinba »

Trust Form 4
sent 5-28
pending
approved 08-03
recieved 8-12

Trust Form 1
sent 5-28
pending 6-30
approved
recieved...still waiting...

big difference between the Form 4 & 1. I suppose they went to different examiners but it sure seems to be taking a long time
BWPerdue
Silent But Deadly

Post by BWPerdue »

BWPerdue wrote:Here's something interesting. I have had a Form 1 for an SBR pending since the beginning of May. I called about it yesterday morning; the lady on the phone thought that that sounded like a long time, so she put me through to my examiner, Nancy Flannigan. I left a voice mail. About 18:30 yesterday, I get a perky and polite phone call from Ms. Flannigan: "Hi! This is Nancy from the ATF!" She said she was staying late, trying to get her backlog under control before she left today (Wednesday) for a family wedding.

As it turns out, one of the noob examiners had been assigned my form and had flagged it because he had a question about something on it, but then never gave it back to Nancy. She found and looked it over. She said she would approve it that evening and get it in the mail to me today.

She was super nice on the phone. I thought it was very good customer service to call back in the evening and to approve it right away after she realized what happened.

Anyway, the moral of the story is, your forms are slow getting approved, they might be sitting on a noob's desk somewhere.
UPDATE: My form 1 came in today's mail. :)
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Historian »

BWPerdue wrote:
BWPerdue wrote:Here's something interesting. I have had a Form 1 for an SBR pending since the beginning of May. I called about it yesterday morning; the lady on the phone thought that that sounded like a long time, so she put me through to my examiner, Nancy Flannigan. I left a voice mail. About 18:30 yesterday, I get a perky and polite phone call from Ms. Flannigan: "Hi! This is Nancy from the ATF!" She said she was staying late, trying to get her backlog under control before she left today (Wednesday) for a family wedding.

As it turns out, one of the noob examiners had been assigned my form and had flagged it because he had a question about something on it, but then never gave it back to Nancy. She found and looked it over. She said she would approve it that evening and get it in the mail to me today.

She was super nice on the phone. I thought it was very good customer service to call back in the evening and to approve it right away after she realized what happened.

Anyway, the moral of the story is, your forms are slow getting approved, they might be sitting on a noob's desk somewhere.
UPDATE: My form 1 came in today's mail. :)

Playing 'Jiminy Cricket', I hope that you have taken the time to write her boss a letter expressing you appreciation for the friendly and effective
service and how she, in this case, made the experience great. The majority of dedicated folks who toil at a mind deadening task day in and
day out while preserving their humanity do deserve recognition and evaluation help. It might even induce the few who are not to change their views.

"Remember, Pinocchio, a good deed spreads like wild flowers over a field on a Spring Day". :) :)
BWPerdue
Silent But Deadly

Post by BWPerdue »

Already on it. ;)
J Krammes
Silent But Deadly

Post by J Krammes »

Form 4 on a Trust (Suppressor)
Forms sent 5-10-10
Pending 6-3-10
Approved 9-15-10
In hand 9-25-10
Examiner started out as Snook, but was signed Santamaria.

Another thing, this Form 4 was delivered to my door, not the SOT. I think the form was just folded wrong. You could see my Trust name and address in the window and just the gun shop name.

Jeremy
Some of my work. www.jkknives.com
homemade
Silent Operator

Post by homemade »

Historian wrote:
Playing 'Jiminy Cricket', I hope that you have taken the time to write her boss a letter expressing you appreciation for the friendly and effective
service and how she, in this case, made the experience great. The majority of dedicated folks who toil at a mind deadening task day in and
day out while preserving their humanity do deserve recognition and evaluation help. It might even induce the few who are not to change their views.

"Remember, Pinocchio, a good deed spreads like wild flowers over a field on a Spring Day". :) :)

good man! these people have a shitty job to do, and many are doing the best they can. no way to get better service than to be kind and courteous and encourage them to do the same. it's not like it is their personal fault for the bullshit rules and paperwork they are made to enforce.
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/17390/210904

http://www.theonion.com/articles/area-man-passionate-defender-of-what-he-imagines-c,2849/

love everyone, even your enemy.
cardboardkiller
Senior Silent Operator

Post by cardboardkiller »

cardboardkiller wrote:1. NFA Item: Serbu Super Shorty
2. Form Type: Form 4
3. Transferee Type: Trust
4. Form 4 Sent: 07/12/2010
5. Check Cashed: 07/30/2010
6. Pending Date: 08/26/2010
7. Approved Date: 09/25/10
8. Form 4 Received:
9. Picked up from Dealer:
10. Examiner Name:
11. Dealer First Initial: L
Branded for life.
TypeR632
Silent But Deadly

Post by TypeR632 »

NFA item: AAC Titan
Form Type: Form 4
Transferee Type: Individual
Forms Sent: 06.03.10
Check Cashed: 06.08.10
Pending:
Approved: 9.22.10
Stamp Received: 9.27.10
Examiner: Dana Pickler?
SWR Spectre
SWR TRIDENT
AAC 762SD
AAC TITAN
SCRich

Post by SCRich »

Does anyone know anything about Christine Farris ? It seems to be she is new, NFA tracker is not showing anything approved by her and just a few entries...I know NFA tracker means nothing but it's something that may help answer questions.

I sent in a Form 1 myself for an AR lower while my SOT sent one in for a Krink he was building for me at the same time. I got my Krink 10 days ago. I just spoke to WV and they state that my Form 1 went pending August 11th and it's taking about 4 months now. Part of me is worried, I sent the forms in on June 20th and I am starting to think I may have forgotten to put in the 2nd copy. I asked and she said that it looked like all was there but is that known when it goes pending or 4 months down the road ?
"Title II's are just like potato chips, you can't just stop at one!"
retiredmp

Post by retiredmp »

She is new. I have been pending with her since July 15th. There is one approval on NFA Tracker, but is listed under Ferris, not Farris. I am not sure which way is the correct spelling.
FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly

Post by FSCJedi »

1. NFA Item: Thompson Machine "Wasp"
3. Transferee Type: Trust (second time)
4. Form 4 Sent: 09/28/2010
5. Check Cashed: ???
6. Pending Date: ???
7. Approved Date: ???
8. Form 4 Received: ???
9. Picked up from Dealer: ???
10. Examiner Name: ???

My dealer said he's been getting them back in 6-8 weeks. Our last examiner was Sara B. Jones. :D
"I said I never had much use for [a pistol], never said I didn't know how to use it." - Matthew Quigley

Keep your powder dry. Molon labe!
WC
Silent But Deadly

Post by WC »

SCRich wrote:Does anyone know anything about Christine Farris ?
See my post on previous page. I went from mailed to pending with her in less than a month. Hopefully I won't spend the next 6 months pending
FA Gunner
Silent Operator

Post by FA Gunner »

Ok here is my latest

NFA Item: SBR AR-15
Form Type: Form 1
Transferee Type: Trust
Forms Sent: 5-11-2010
MO Cashed: Unknown
Pending: Unknown
Approved: 9-15-2010
Stamp Received: 9-27-2010
Examiner: Suzanne Santamaria
Greg Kulbick
Silent But Deadly

Post by Greg Kulbick »

Just got a nine day form three. Signed by the dealer on the 13th, signed by Dudash on the 22nd. I don't even know what to think. I know we haven't done a ton of stuff, but that's seems incredible to me.
www.renegade-armament.com
01 FFL/03 SOT
B767capt

Post by B767capt »

Does anyone know anything about Christine Farris ?

My dealer just called and my pending 7-15 stamp is here ready for me to pick up today, Oct. 5th from Chris Farris.

Update: Just picked it up and the approved date was 9/29/10.
Last edited by B767capt on Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SCRich

Post by SCRich »

You appear to have one of the first to be approved by her.

I sent mine at the end of June but it did not go pending till mid August for some reason. Seems that most examiners take about the same time from check cash to pending but once pending is when they all start to differ in approval times.

So IF she is "linear" with her approvals I am guessing about another month for my SBR. We will see..
"Title II's are just like potato chips, you can't just stop at one!"
7trees

Post by 7trees »

NFA item: Gemtech GSD-5
Transferee Type: Individual
Forms Sent:
Check Cashed: 06/17/10
Pending: 07/07/10
Approved: 09/27/10
Stamp Received: 10/04/10
Examiner: Santamaria

It took a little while, as they had a mix up with my serial #.
MCASSgt New River
Silent But Deadly

Post by MCASSgt New River »

This was my 10th stamp and by far the QUICKEST EVER!!
1. NFA Item: Gemtech Viper-45 (Mmmm...suppressed M10/.45)
3. Transferee Type: Trust
4. Form 4 Sent: 07/29/2010
5. Delivered: 08/01/2010 at 9:06am signed "S BARNETT."
6. Check Cashed: 08/03/2010
7. Pending Date: 08/30/10
8. Approved Date: 09/09/10
9. Form 4 Received: 9/20/10
10. Picked up from Dealer: 9/21/10
11. Examiner Name: Ted Clutter has been promoted to a Supervisor. Christina Farris is my new Examiner.

WOW! Pending to APPROVED in 8 DAYS!! AWESOME!! Took longer to receive it then to approve it, LOL! Guess they had to make up that timeline somehow.

MCASSgt New River
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'-That is Honor
Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahnsinn »

You guys suck :lol:
Abiqua
Silent But Deadly

Post by Abiqua »

Wahnsinn wrote:You guys suck :lol:
+1. I'll be the first to admit I'm jealous.
Abiqua
Silent But Deadly

Post by Abiqua »

NFA Item: .45 Osprey
Purchased: 09Jun10
Received at local dealer: 22Jul10
Transferee Type: Trust
Forms Sent: 05Aug10
Check Cleared:
Pending Date: 07Sep10
Approved Date:
In hand:
Examiner - Sandra Snook

update in red. Called today and found out Sandra Snook is my examiner. Looks like my wait just got longer.
FJagr

Post by FJagr »

NFA Item: M4-2000
Purchased: 8/10/10
Form Type: Form 4, Individual
Forms Sent: 8/18/10
Check Cashed: ??
Pending: 9/16/10
Approved: 9/30/10
In Hand: 10/5/10
Examiner: Sara Jones (I bow to her for going from pending on the 16th to approved on the 30th)

I'm in absolute awe at how quickly this entire process took. Seemed an intimidating process but now, having completed one, I look forward to many more NFA purchases in the future.

Just got back from the range; LOVE the M4-2000, but, as many have noted before, the tuning fork sound, although MUCH better than muzzle blast, is rather odd....have a 51T Brake on the way though so the fork sound will soon be a thing of the past.