Help me choose a new dedicated suppressor for MP5K-PDW F/A

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

shelby67

Help me choose a new dedicated suppressor for MP5K-PDW F/A

Post by shelby67 »

Looking at picking up a new can that I will dedicated to my PDW that is a sear gun. I'm wanting to make sure I get something that is happy with full auto. I have a MK9K that I use on my full size MP5. My PDW is a 3 lug with 1/2-28 threads. I already have a TiRant and Osprey also so this new can doesn't really need to be a multi tasker. I like the MK9K but it is a little heavy and bulky. I may still buy a second one. Any and all opinions and appreciated.
Baboon
Silent But Deadly

Re: Help me choose a new dedicated suppressor for MP5K-PDW F

Post by Baboon »

I have a KAC MP5 Navy on mine, but it's threaded not three lug.
Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.
shelby67

Post by shelby67 »

Are they all 1/2X32? Are they still even available. The cool factor would be there for sure.
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jt.kline19 »

shelby67 wrote:Looking at picking up a new can that I will dedicated to my PDW that is a sear gun. I'm wanting to make sure I get something that is happy with full auto. I have a MK9K that I use on my full size MP5. My PDW is a 3 lug with 1/2-28 threads. I already have a TiRant and Osprey also so this new can doesn't really need to be a multi tasker. I like the MK9K but it is a little heavy and bulky. I may still buy a second one. Any and all opinions and appreciated.
Look at the liberty mystic, or the infinity. I have the mystic and run a three lug on my Max11, I love it easy to clean an take apart. but it is a multitasker just thought i would throw it out there
Once a Marine Always a Marine, so why reenlist?
Member of LSU
In Memory of the First Person to Get Me Into Guns, and NFA. RIP Edward R. Kline USAF Retired, August 12, 1953- May 26, 2012
Baboon
Silent But Deadly

Post by Baboon »

shelby67 wrote:Are they all 1/2X32? Are they still even available. The cool factor would be there for sure.
I'd be lying if I told you the thread pitch on it. I got mine from ASI http://www.autoweapons.com/ a few years back.

I had to get the web address so i looked & check it out!
http://www.autoweapons.com/photos12/jan/kacmp5supp.html
Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.
tank
Silent But Deadly

Post by tank »

Get a fixed barrel spacer and 1/2x28 piston for your TiRant and don't look back.

This is my favorite can for the MP5k-PDW. I have a Trident 3-lug, KAC Navy, and a TiRant. The TiRant is both the quietest and lightest. I prefer the thread mount cans over the trilug because all trilug cans seem to have a slight wobble that makes me more nervous than the possibility of unscrewing (which I normally have no problem with on the MP5s).

One of the MP5k's most salient features is its light weight and balance, and the TiRant has the least effect on that, while somehow being quieter than the KAC Navy, which is definitely no slouch suppression-wise.

HTH
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

Jt.kline19 wrote:
shelby67 wrote:Looking at picking up a new can that I will dedicated to my PDW that is a sear gun. I'm wanting to make sure I get something that is happy with full auto. I have a MK9K that I use on my full size MP5. My PDW is a 3 lug with 1/2-28 threads. I already have a TiRant and Osprey also so this new can doesn't really need to be a multi tasker. I like the MK9K but it is a little heavy and bulky. I may still buy a second one. Any and all opinions and appreciated.
Look at the liberty mystic, or the infinity. I have the mystic and run a three lug on my Max11, I love it easy to clean an take apart. but it is a multitasker just thought i would throw it out there

I just had my dealer order an Infiniti.....I'm new to NFA but I'm pretty sure that it ISN'T rated for Full Auto.....but the Mystic is!!!! If I'm wrong about the Infiniti please let me know cause I'd sure love to get a F/A 9mm of some kind.
I've gotta stop this habit.
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jt.kline19 »

OJB4 wrote:
Jt.kline19 wrote:

I just had my dealer order an Infiniti.....I'm new to NFA but I'm pretty sure that it ISN'T rated for Full Auto.....but the Mystic is!!!! If I'm wrong about the Infiniti please let me know cause I'd sure love to get a F/A 9mm of some kind.
Doesn't say it on there sight but it might be, but i could be wrong iv run 3 back to back mag dumps with my M11 and it still kicking good you can t even see erosion on the baffles you can see the tooling marks still. It also a decent .22 suppressor just a little long. Iv had the blast baffle covered in lead, I would say about 3/16 thick of leading in the baffle.
Member of LSU
In Memory of the First Person to Get Me Into Guns, and NFA. RIP Edward R. Kline USAF Retired, August 12, 1953- May 26, 2012
BLAKE2131
Silent But Deadly

Post by BLAKE2131 »

The Infiniti is rated for FA in 9mm

The Mystic is rated for FA

Blake
Last edited by BLAKE2131 on Wed May 23, 2012 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blake
Liberty Suppressors
Remember to follow us on Facebook and Twitter
lafsnguy
Silent But Deadly

Post by lafsnguy »

Edited to PM
BLAKE2131
Silent But Deadly

Post by BLAKE2131 »

Dave just told me it was and I tried to get back and edit my post but you beat me to it lol

I told him to try to update the site

Sorry
Blake
Blake
Liberty Suppressors
Remember to follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jt.kline19 »

BLAKE2131 wrote:Dave just told me it was and I tried to get back and edit my post but you beat me to it lol

I told him to try to update the site

Sorry
Blake
Now just don't let it happen again. LOL, JP
Member of LSU
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

BLAKE2131 wrote:The Infiniti is rated for FA in 9mm

The Mystic is rated for FA

Blake

Now I feel even better about going with the infiniti. I almost didn't cause it didn't say it was full auto capable on the site. Woo Hoo
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

Also look at the SWR Octane 9 hd.

It will be the most enjoy to take apart and clean. :D

CTA baffles are very important when shooting full auto on a submachine gun or shooting lead (no copper jacket) bullets.
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
Flipz
Silent But Deadly

Post by Flipz »

Emilio wrote:Also look at the SWR Octane 9 hd.

CTA baffles are very important when shooting full auto on a submachine gun or shooting lead (no copper jacket) bullets.
+1
An Octane9 HD with 3-lug adapter would be right at home on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD6Nv3Nt2UA
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

Nice vid, this is a gun I no have. Where can I get a quality semi MP5 clone without a smoking crack price? :mrgreen:
Flipz
Silent But Deadly

Post by Flipz »

Emilio wrote:Nice vid, this is a gun I no have. Where can I get a quality semi MP5 clone without a smoking crack price? :mrgreen:
Not my vid. Just one I saw on the tube. Thought it would help the OP.

I literally just bought my Octane9 HD last week. The wait for the stamp is gonna suck. Also bought the 3lug adapter for it to run it on my AR 9mm SBR.

Here's another vid from the same guy. It shows the 3lug adapter a little better. And this Octane9, which is the same one as in the above vid, has the original baffels, not the CTA's.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El1UJxk2Gis
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

Flipz wrote:
Emilio wrote:Nice vid, this is a gun I no have. Where can I get a quality semi MP5 clone without a smoking crack price? :mrgreen:

I literally just bought my Octane9 HD last week. The wait for the stamp is gonna suck. Also bought the 3lug adapter for it to run it on my AR 9mm SBR.

Here's another vid from the same guy. It shows the 3lug adapter a little better. And this Octane9, which is the same one as in the above vid, has the original baffels, not the CTA's.
Another nice vid. I had the old Octane 9 like he and SWR upgraded it free in a few days from getting! The service is another + and the lifetime no bs warranty.

The new one is lighter (10 oz? ) and the new SS baffles slide out easy! Also have a sonic cleaning vid with it. Since it so easy to clean I enjoy cleaning it more and with my reloads never get anything spitting back in my face like other 9 cans I shoot that dirty and some types of factory ammo.

You will love this. :D
Flipz
Silent But Deadly

Post by Flipz »

Emilio wrote:
Flipz wrote:

Another nice vid. I had the old Octane 9 like he and SWR upgraded it free in a few days from getting! The service is another + and the lifetime no bs warranty.

The new one is lighter (10 oz? ) and the new SS baffles slide out easy! Also have a sonic cleaning vid with it. Since it so easy to clean I enjoy cleaning it more and with my reloads never get anything spitting back in my face like other 9 cans I shoot that dirty and some types of factory ammo.

You will love this. :D
I've seen your vid with the ultrasonic cleaner. Cleans up really nice.
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

Emilio wrote:Also look at the SWR Octane 9 hd.

I did look at the Octane 9 HD. In addition to the Infiniti I also had the dealer order the Octane 9 HD since I knew it was full auto rated. I'd like to get a F/A 9mm so that's why I got both.....heehee......He also ordered a tirant 45, Freedom Mag, T.M. Thirty, and a Miranda. I can't ever decide on One at a time to I get them from multiple manufacturers. :) It's you guys' fault really.....y'all made me get addicted to these with all your awesome videos and stuff
Ronzo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ronzo »

I have an Gemtech MK9K with the three lug mount and it is an awesome can. I have shot a beta mag dump through it with no problem. I use it on my AR15 9 mm SBR and my MP5K reverse stretch clone and it is reaLly quiet. It can be taken apart for cleaning and there is very little point of impact shift with my host guns. YMMV,Ronnie
The Gemtech MK9K is the only supressor I use nowadays
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

Ronzo wrote:I have an Gemtech MK9K with the three lug mount and it is an awesome can. I have shot a beta mag dump through it with no problem. I use it on my AR15 9 mm SBR and my MP5K reverse stretch clone and it is reaLly quiet. It can be taken apart for cleaning and there is very little point of impact shift with my host guns. YMMV,Ronnie

I have a Gemtech MK9K with the Uzi mount on my Mini Uzi and it sounds great.