10/22 integral question

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

huckjare

10/22 integral question

Post by huckjare »

How quite is an integral suppressor on a 10/22. Do you have to shoot subs or can you use just regular ammo?
redtazdog
Elite Member

Re: 10/22 integral question

Post by redtazdog »

huckjare wrote:How quite is an integral suppressor on a 10/22. Do you have to shoot subs or can you use just regular ammo?
It depends on who built the integral, is the barrel ported to keep hi velocity ammo subsonic or is the barrel only 4-5"
before the blast chamber starts to keep hi velocity subsonic.
If the barrel is longer than 5" before the blast chamber without ports you will need to use standard velocty or subsonic ammo.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

For me not quite enough to be stuck with one gun. Also bolt 22's are VERY quiet and It more fun switching cans around on everything (like tactical 22's.)

Dog is right and I like the ported and easy clean designs.
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

I swore many years ago I woudl never buy a integral firearm as I wanted to be able to switch around me suppressors. Well I got enough suppressors I decided that I woudl get a integral but could not once again decide so I got a set a mkiii and a 10/22 the 10/22 integral is my most used firearm now I love it. A can you can swap around is great but a integral has some great benefits as well.
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
huckjare

Post by huckjare »

So how does the porting work on an integral? Port it a few time before it reaches the mono-core and let some gas escape into the tube? Does this cause it to be sub sonic or how does it work exactly?

It depends on who built the integral, is the barrel ported to keep hi velocity ammo subsonic or is the barrel only 4-5"
before the blast chamber starts to keep hi velocity subsonic.
If the barrel is longer than 5" before the blast chamber without ports you will need to use standard velocty or subsonic ammo.[/quote]
HotGuns
Silent But Deadly

Post by HotGuns »

The quietest rifle made is the Thompson Machine Operative B. Its an integral with a ported barrel that does not need subsonic ammo. It is also user servicable and very accurate. Its a Savage MK 2 rifle with what looks like a bull barrel and it retails for 700. I thinks its the best deal going.
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

HotGuns wrote:The quietest rifle made is the Thompson Machine Operative B. Its an integral with a ported barrel that does not need subsonic ammo. It is also user servicable and very accurate. Its a Savage MK 2 rifle with what looks like a bull barrel and it retails for 700. I thinks its the best deal going.

I was thinking about getting one of those. You just made me want to get it even more. Every time I read a positive note about that thing my wallet gets closer and closer to being empty.....haha :)
I've gotta stop this habit.
BLAKE2131
Silent But Deadly

Post by BLAKE2131 »

Ive got an Operative for my 77/22 with the 1-9twist its stupid quiet with the 60gr Aguilas

Wish it was SS though

Blake
Blake
Liberty Suppressors
Remember to follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

BLAKE2131 wrote:Ive got an Operative for my 77/22 with the 1-9twist its stupid quiet with the 60gr Aguilas

Wish it was SS though

Blake
Blake did you get to shoot our Tomahawk at the SilencersAreLegal shoot?