Dumb threading question

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

HDS

Dumb threading question

Post by HDS »

Buying a threaded barrel & suppressor for my Glock 17 soon and I got this slight amount of uncertainty. I am 99.999% sure these are the same thing but I just want to be 100% sure about this before I commit to anything.

My question is simple, is 1/2"x28 UNEF (specs from suppressor maker) the same threading as UNF 1/2x28 (specs from barrel maker).
WhisperFan
Silent But Deadly

Re: Dumb threading question

Post by WhisperFan »

Yes and no

1/2-28 is Unified Extra Fine so they should be UNEF

UNF is unified fine (which in 1/2" would be 20 threads per inch)

then

UNC is Unified Course (which is the 1/2-13 you find in the hardward store typically)

1/2-28 is 1/2-28
Unless you start talking about the actual thread limits, how tight the threads are from the male to the female (represented as H1, H2, H3) Most people don't get that far into it.
As nightfall does not come all at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such a twilight that we all must be aware of change in the air -- however slight -- lest we become unwilling victims of the darkness.
Justice William O. Douglas
twodollarbill
Silent But Deadly

Post by twodollarbill »

I agree with Whisper, but more to the point........YES. :mrgreen:
WhisperFan
Silent But Deadly

Post by WhisperFan »

I'm sorry, I worked midnights last night .... I didn't really realize I was rambling .... :D

They are the same - (WOW - that was easy!)
As nightfall does not come all at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such a twilight that we all must be aware of change in the air -- however slight -- lest we become unwilling victims of the darkness.
Justice William O. Douglas