Trident vs Octane HD

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

.300WinMag
Silent But Deadly

Trident vs Octane HD

Post by .300WinMag »

Yesterday I met up with another and looked at the suppression difference of a Trident 9mm vs a Sparrow and an .45 Osprey. Simple version - the Trident was quieter with everything. The Trident has a higher pitch than the other two and so while it sounds louder at the shooter, if you step away, esp down range - it was the most quiet. Really impressive with a .22LR against the Sparrow, and, while not really a surprise - it was the more quiet than the .45 Osprey while shooting 9mm through both. Lastly, while the Osprey is a very good .45 can, when shooting .45 ACP against the Trident with a 9mm there was no contest.

The questions I have are:

1) Has anyone shot a Octane HD next to a Trident? Which one had a higher tone?

2) Are Tridents still available?

Good luck
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Trident vs Octane HD

Post by Bendersquint »

.300WinMag wrote:Yesterday I met up with another and looked at the suppression difference of a Trident 9mm vs a Sparrow and an .45 Osprey. Simple version - the Trident was quieter with everything. The Trident has a higher pitch than the other two and so while it sounds louder at the shooter, if you step away, esp down range - it was the most quiet. Really impressive with a .22LR against the Sparrow, and, while not really a surprise - it was the more quiet than the .45 Osprey while shooting 9mm through both. Lastly, while the Osprey is a very good .45 can, when shooting .45 ACP against the Trident with a 9mm there was no contest.

The questions I have are:

1) Has anyone shot a Octane HD next to a Trident? Which one had a higher tone?

2) Are Tridents still available?

Good luck
Tridents are no longer manufactured, only way to get one is to buy a used one or old new stock.

The Octane is the way to go, there is a reason the Trident isn't made anymore ;)
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Re: Trident vs Octane HD

Post by Emilio »

My amigo has the Trident , I have the HD. shot both many times but not yet side by side.

To me they sounded similar but the Octane HD is stronger (all SS sleeved core) and is the easiest 9mm can to take down and clean. Also it has a bunch of mounting options and uses Osprey pistons.

You be crazy to buy the old model. :mrgreen:

BTW, I love the HD and it even sound amazing using 22lr! Which is not good for non take apart and aluminum 9mm cans. :mrgreen: 22-9 can vid/thread. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=88461
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!