I will be in the poor house when my can arrives

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

vicryder

I will be in the poor house when my can arrives

Post by vicryder »

Thanks for all of the help! I am currently waiting on Form 4 approval for my Spectre 2, should be a christmas present!! I have begin putting together some hosts and now really ready to pull the trigger on another can. So far:

Savage fvsr, tacticool stock, mueller scope
buck mark Whisper, rear rail sight combo, reflex sight.
bullpup 10/22

how do you explain all of these things if the wife finds out? bwahaahaahaa.
crazy-mp
Silent Operator

Re: I will be in the poor house when my can arrives

Post by crazy-mp »

What... that old gun?

or

Sneak it in the house when she is in the shower :lol:
- - - Show Me Guns - - -
------Lebanon MO------
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

I NEVER sneak. I proudly show off my new toys. IF you have to hide things form your wife it will come back to bite you in the ass.
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
J Krammes
Silent But Deadly

Post by J Krammes »

rogerme wrote:I NEVER sneak. I proudly show off my new toys. IF you have to hide things form your wife it will come back to bite you in the ass.
This... It would be easy for me though. I had my carry gun and another hand gun out one time. My wife says when did you get that one. I had it before we were married and she had shot it before. :roll: She just doesn't care what I have.
Some of my work. www.jkknives.com
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

Luckily, my wife doesn't mind when I do get stuff. I don't hide my toys from her so she may see things and ask "What do you need that for?" and think it's silly for me to have some of the things I have, but as long as I don't overspend or put us in the poor house she just rolls her eyes and keeps thinking I'm dumb for "wasting" my money on my toys (it also helps that we keep our money separate from each other). But she buys whatever she wants when she wants so I don't feel bad about buying things that I don't really need......after all....it's not that I NEED many of the guns that I've bought over the years. It's all about what I WANT! I'm greatful that I have a wife that doesn't care what I buy even if she does think it's a waste of money. And if it really comes down to her getting pissed that I bought a bunch of toys then I'll just leave the house for a few days until she cools down and go stay at my extra house which is aptly named "The Doghouse"..... :) Since she thinks me getting a silencer isn't necessary she might actually get a little mad when she does find out that I ordered not 1, but 12 of them.....but I'll be damned if I try to hide them from her sight or lie about when I bought them IF she asks.

Good luck with your wife! Good news is is that she likely won't divorce you over it (assuming you didn't skip paying the house note to get one) so......no harm, no foul
I've gotta stop this habit.
vicryder

Post by vicryder »

LOL, you are all too funny!! it was just a conversation starer. I am all to excited about my new hobby and the insight this forum has brought me. and no worries about the wife or loosing the house. i just have to spend as much money on her as I spend on me. I always assure her that i am getting these things so she can have more enjoyable experience when we go shooting together. Granted, that doesnt happen too often.

9mm can here I come!
wrenchmonkey

Post by wrenchmonkey »

I always tell me wife about what I buy too. The problem is, she has a tendency to lay claim to the ones she really likes. 9mm can is "hers" since before it ever got here... :lol:
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

vicryder wrote: i just have to spend as much money on her as I spend on me.
It is not how MUCH you spend on her but HOW you spend on her.
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith