Finally got an update for my stamp.....SIGH

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

GSRswapandslow
Senior Silent Operator

Finally got an update for my stamp.....SIGH

Post by GSRswapandslow »

So my dealer has been on vacation for the last week...and I didn't wanna call and bug him so I just sent an e-mail so he could deal with it at his leisure. So...i get an unexpected call from him today (he's still in comifornia so didn't expect to hear from him....damn good dealer) and he was a little peeved. My papers were mailed in early February...and my check was cashed on February 28th.....so I was expecting my can to clear this month, if not next....but he was told that it went pending March 28th! So...check cashed to pending was 1 month, to the day....and then he was told that it would be a FULL 6 months... I kept reading we were sitting around 5 months and 18 days...but I guess with the new contractors there, it's actually gotten worse... fantastic
mbogo
Silent But Deadly

Re: Finally got an update for my stamp.....SIGH

Post by mbogo »

In which state do you reside?

I have heard that some examiners' backlogs are clearing more quickly than others.

mbogo
7 stamps and 1 in jail :mrgreen:
ctbreitwieser

Post by ctbreitwieser »

It definitely hasnt gotten worse, at least for my state. I just got my stamp in just 2 days over 6 months, mailbox to mailbox. I wasnt expecting it until late July early August. I was more than suprised when I found out my dealer recieved it on the 7th.
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

I think it may depend on what the form is for.

Last October I submitted two f1`s two weeks apart. The first was a sbr and the later was a .22 suppressor. I recieved the silencer stamp one month before the sbr stamp.

Being one alrealy had a ser. #, it may have taken longer. YMMV.

The silencer was right at six months including pending.
GSRswapandslow
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GSRswapandslow »

State: NC
Inspector: D. Pickles
Type: F1, Individual
Item: Suppressor
Mail in: early February
Check cashed: 28FEB12
Pending: 28MAR12
nice shot
Silent But Deadly

Post by nice shot »

Loc: S.Texas
Check cashed second week of FEB
Papers mailed out first week
Pending status: last week . . . then I got a little heated and the lady said "oh sorry, it on your examiners desk. . . it should clear really soon, I read it wrong.

I'm too loosing hope.
YHM 7.62 Phantom QD
T.I. Stratus .22
AAC Eco-9
YHM15 SBR (pending)
Tango2249
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tango2249 »

I just spoke with "Linda" on the ATF Hotline and was told we are looking at approximately 6 months from PENDING to Approval... :evil:
“The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” - Samuel Adams
Prince Yamato
Silent But Deadly

Post by Prince Yamato »

Heh, my check was cashed last week. I sent my paperwork in July 3rd for a can... MAYBE I'll see it in Jan 2013?
BLMJ

Post by BLMJ »

Currently approximately 7 months from when you mail it in. Last form for me mailed March 15, 2012, pending April 13, 2012, ETA is October 2012.
Sleeper362
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sleeper362 »

GSRswapandslow wrote:So my dealer has been on vacation for the last week...and I didn't wanna call and bug him so I just sent an e-mail so he could deal with it at his leisure. So...i get an unexpected call from him today (he's still in comifornia so didn't expect to hear from him....damn good dealer) and he was a little peeved. My papers were mailed in early February...and my check was cashed on February 28th.....so I was expecting my can to clear this month, if not next....but he was told that it went pending March 28th! So...check cashed to pending was 1 month, to the day....and then he was told that it would be a FULL 6 months... I kept reading we were sitting around 5 months and 18 days...but I guess with the new contractors there, it's actually gotten worse... fantastic
Check this out brother.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=91971

Something is going on with Mr. Pickles. I called and left a message on his VM today. Hopefully he will get back with me but if he is anything like most govt. workers I won't hear from him.
Slaine777
Silent Operator

Post by Slaine777 »

BLMJ wrote:Currently approximately 7 months from when you mail it in. Last form for me mailed March 15, 2012, pending April 13, 2012, ETA is October 2012.
Those are the exact dates for my first form. I guess we'll be getting our toys at the same time.
Sleeper362
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sleeper362 »

He actually got back to me and answered some of my questions, he swears he takes them as they come and nothing gets pushed ahead or behind. He also asked me why I used a trust, which I found strange. I was quick because I didn't want to be taken away from signing forms.
nickeldicker
Silent Operator

Post by nickeldicker »

my last 3 form 4's took 30 days plus to go pending from cashed...i have one item at 10 months now no stamp :cry:
Tango2249
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tango2249 »

nickeldicker wrote:my last 3 form 4's took 30 days plus to go pending from cashed...i have one item at 10 months now no stamp :cry:
This weekend, one of the dealers at a NC gun show told me that Dana Pickles has extra assistants and the wait time within the next year should go down to 90 days. I find this VERY hard to believe.

When I called to check the status of a stamp, "Linda" told me that Dana Pickles has a couple of new assistants to help him work on the applications for stamps. She also said we were looking at 90 days from Pending to Approval.
“The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” - Samuel Adams
GSRswapandslow
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GSRswapandslow »

Tango2249 wrote:
nickeldicker wrote:my last 3 form 4's took 30 days plus to go pending from cashed...i have one item at 10 months now no stamp :cry:
This weekend, one of the dealers at a NC gun show told me that Dana Pickles has extra assistants and the wait time within the next year should go down to 90 days. I find this VERY hard to believe.

When I called to check the status of a stamp, "Linda" told me that Dana Pickles has a couple of new assistants to help him work on the applications for stamps. She also said we were looking at 90 days from Pending to Approval.
you talking about Eric?
Tango2249
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tango2249 »

GSRswapandslow wrote:
Tango2249 wrote:

you talking about Eric?
Who is Eric? I was told that Dana Pickles has some assistants getting the paperwork ready for approval...
dano99

Post by dano99 »

I'm in MO. Wish they would give Bowers some help.
Went pending with from 4 individual 3/26/12, and don't expect anything before 11/26/12.
GSRswapandslow
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GSRswapandslow »

Tango2249 wrote:Who is Eric? I was told that Dana Pickles has some assistants getting the paperwork ready for approval...
in reference to the dealer you spoke to.....seems like most folks in this area go to Eric for any suppressor related questions since he and Mr. Pickles talk quite frequently
Tango2249
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tango2249 »

GSRswapandslow wrote:
Tango2249 wrote:Who is Eric? I was told that Dana Pickles has some assistants getting the paperwork ready for approval...
in reference to the dealer you spoke to.....seems like most folks in this area go to Eric for any suppressor related questions since he and Mr. Pickles talk quite frequently
I forgot the name of the dealer that I talked to at the show...
MJF1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by MJF1911 »

I'm not sure whats worse, waiting for the stamp or my barrel. I mailed the stuff out on Jan 20 and got it back Jul 13. I ordered the barrel in Feb and still looking at another month on that.
SWR 556 Specwar, 762 Specwar, Octane 45HD, Spectre II; SilencerCo Osprey 45, Omega; AAC Pilot, 300TM; Ruger AC556
Rugged Oculus; Dead Air Sandman K
AkGun&ammo
Senior Silent Operator

Post by AkGun&ammo »

my last form 4 took 3 monthes and 9 days. then another two weeks due to dealer taking a vacation!
Just talked to him about looking at another can for a .308, he said timelines are looking at 5 monthes or more for the paperwork. He just had one person stilling pending at 10 monthes plus.... that's with one small "error" that had to be addressed.

Now I am wondering what is really slowing down process? Too many applicants? Too few inspectors? Polictical reasons?

Chris
Sleeper362
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sleeper362 »

AkGun&ammo wrote: Polictical reasons?

Chris
My guess.
BretJ
Silent Operator

Post by BretJ »

Sleeper362 wrote:
AkGun&ammo wrote: Polictical reasons?

Chris
My guess.
Actually, there are near 30,000 forms. 9 or so examiners can only process so many forms a day even with their newly hired augmentees. When I talked with my examiner, he said the sheer number of forms submitted in the past couple years in addition to the hireing freeze is what is slowing them down. Back before everyone knew NFA items were legal, they had an easy time.
"The opposite of hero is not villain. It is bystander."

"In doing what we ought we deserve no praise, because it is our duty."
Saint Aurelius Augustine

Bret
JNalley

Post by JNalley »

I went pending Feb 15 this year and still no stamp. I called Tuesday and was told still pending and they are running straight up 6 months. Mr. Bowers is my examiner.
Sleeper362
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sleeper362 »

JNalley wrote:I went pending Feb 15 this year and still no stamp. I called Tuesday and was told still pending and they are running straight up 6 months. Mr. Bowers is my examiner.
My Feb 7 pending got approved two days ago. Its coming soon enough.