New Member Uzi Question?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

bonesamon1

New Member Uzi Question?

Post by bonesamon1 »

Hi all, I am new to this board, and I have a question. I have a IMI Uzi, and I have a threaded barrel, however, I have lost the barrel nut for the threaded barrel, and a standard barrel nut does not fit over the threads. It is very close ( probably a few thousands off) but no good. Can anyone suggest where to find a barrel nut that fits, so I don't have to buy a standard nut, get a machine shop to drill it out properly, then try to match the finish color. Any help would be great. Thanks.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: New Member Uzi Question?

Post by Bendersquint »

bonesamon1 wrote:Hi all, I am new to this board, and I have a question. I have a IMI Uzi, and I have a threaded barrel, however, I have lost the barrel nut for the threaded barrel, and a standard barrel nut does not fit over the threads. It is very close ( probably a few thousands off) but no good. Can anyone suggest where to find a barrel nut that fits, so I don't have to buy a standard nut, get a machine shop to drill it out properly, then try to match the finish color. Any help would be great. Thanks.
Are you talking about the thread protector for the end of the barrel or the barrel nut that holds the Uzi barrel in the Uzi?
twodollarbill
Silent But Deadly

Post by twodollarbill »

If it's the barrel nut.
Buy another, put in a lathe and increase the bore hole to fit over your threads......repaint black.
Tango2249
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tango2249 »

It should be the same barrel nut for both barrels...
“The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” - Samuel Adams
bonesamon1

Post by bonesamon1 »

Its the barrel nut that I am talking about, not a protector, and it does not fit. If I have to ahave a new one bored out I will, I just hoped someone had come across this problem with the IMI Uzi 9mm short threaded barrel before. If I have to bore it out I will, I was just looking for a less expensive method. I do not have access to a machine shop, and do not want a slop job done by myself. Thanks. But in response to the earlier post, if it is supposed to fit, it does not.
cajun 22
Silent But Deadly

Post by cajun 22 »

Please post a pic of the barrel if you can.
jt526
Silent But Deadly

Post by jt526 »

Barrel nuts are cheap, I'd just buy another one and hit it with a dremel.
Stupid, stupid NFA items.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

jt526 wrote:Barrel nuts are cheap, I'd just buy another one and hit it with a dremel.
Yup, about 10 bucks plus shipping.