308 silencer

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

ericlw
Senior Silent Operator

308 silencer

Post by ericlw »

I bought a remington 700 it came with the aac 51t flash/brake supressor.I cant decide what supressor to get for it.my main issue is to get a quick attach and be stuck having to buy a quick attach for any other gun i want to use on it. OR buy a threaded supressor and get rid of the quick attachment.I was looking at the AAC 762sdn6 mainly or the cyclone.

got any opinions?
cajun 22
Silent But Deadly

Re: 308 silencer

Post by cajun 22 »

For precision work the cyclone or thread on cans are better. I run my can on several guns so I went with the 762SD.
J Krammes
Silent But Deadly

Post by J Krammes »

If you want to stick with AAC, the SDN-6 should be a fantastic all around can including for a 5.56 AR. The thread on cans are supposed to be better for accuracy, and the Cyclone will be quieter than the N6. I was gong to go with an N6 for my Blackout, but they are impossible to get ahold of. I ended up getting a Cyclone K which I should have sometime this fall. Do you know of a dealer that has either in stock?

Jk
Some of my work. www.jkknives.com
ericlw
Senior Silent Operator

Post by ericlw »

my dealer hasnt had an 762sdn in forever.I was waiting on my tirant 45 to clear my first run with the atf before i bought another and thats where i screwed up.I could have gotten the older version of the 762sdn which i liked better.
J Krammes
Silent But Deadly

Post by J Krammes »

I also missed getting an SD just before it was discontinued. I think it was dropped because it was a better value and quieter than the N6.
Some of my work. www.jkknives.com
jaredr
Silent But Deadly

Post by jaredr »

i'm very satisfied with my 762-SD but I'm using it on a bolt gun and 300BLK. for heavy use on an AR platform .308 the all inconel SDN-6 is likely worth the additional $200 over the long run.
kusai
Silent Operator

Post by kusai »

I recently read on a forum that AAC has discountinued production for their 762 CANs, not sure how true is this.
delta9mda
Silent But Deadly

Post by delta9mda »

kusai wrote:I recently read on a forum that AAC has discountinued production for their 762 CANs, not sure how true is this.
762sd, yes has been discontinued.
NP
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

I do it backwards and buy the AAC 700 for the N6. :mrgreen:

Pro's and cons to both types of mounting. I do like to have the suppressor locked on rifles and they shoot great.
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
kaotic504
Silent But Deadly

Post by kaotic504 »

Emilio wrote:I do it backwards and buy the AAC 700 for the N6. :mrgreen:

Pro's and cons to both types of mounting. I do like to have the suppressor locked on rifles and they shoot great.
i did the exact same thing. i initially built a 8" Blackout upper using a Noveske barrel, but sold it before the 762SDN-6 came in. now i have a 762SDN6, but no 30 cal rifle (not going to put it on my 7.62x39 upper). I bought a GAP-10 w/ SwitchBlock, but there's a 5 month leadtime, so i bought a Remington 700 AAC-SD while i wait for the GAP-10 to be built. hopefully, i'll have the AAC-SD by next weekend.

which one did you get? there are two versions of the threaded 700's. they're both 1/10 twist, but one comes w/ a black stock and the Blackout flash hider, the other comes w/ the green stock and a thread protector.

if i would have known about it, i would have bought the Remington 5R w/ threaded barrel. from what i understand, they're more accurate.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

Got the black one (RSR close out) just needing a better stock.

The N6 is very quiet on my 300 BLK with 220gr subs. :P
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

The Liberty Freedom would be an awesome choice. I got a Victory and was so blown away had them do a Victory Magnum which isn't a production can. Their rifle cans never unscrew during use so no concern about quick attach.

Nice thing with the square bore is that with the blast baffle being round and the remaining baffles square they aren't exposed to the blast so no erosion on the second, third, fourth baffles etc..Though my Torch has near 7000 rounds through it now with not even a hint of erosion on the blast baffle so maybe its a non issue with their cans anyway..

Oh and much better than expected for .223 as well! The Torch was the quietest we had ever heard until we stuck the Victory on .223. The Freedom and Freedom Mag will give you the same sound results for less money. Well I think the titanium versions do shave off a few db's and the Magnum version is 2db's quieter than regular one. Dave got low 130's with a Freedom on his 11.5 inch M-16 at the ear! Find uses for years to come! :D

I tell you that Titanium is strong! Long story short the first shot through the Victory was with a .308 on a gun not threaded correctly and blew into the can. The host was fixed and we continued to use it for awhile and then sent it down to Liberty to get the bullet fragments out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od0mNEl7 ... ature=plcp
If you see a telephone book and your first thought is a Silencer..Your addicted

Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"