Bank of America Refusing Businesses that Support the 2nd Ame

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Ron Dishop Silencers
Silent Operator

Bank of America Refusing Businesses that Support the 2nd Ame

Post by Ron Dishop Silencers »

Last week Bank of America refusesd to accept my credit card sales deposit into my bank of America account, when I ask why: I was told I was violating their policy.
Then on Thursday PayPal called me within an hour after a sale of a suppressor and told me that my PayPal account has been frozen because of the sale of the suppressor violated their policy..
I was told that the sale of any firearm, including rifles, shotguns, and handguns, whether they’re for sport and recreation, collectibles, or curio or relic firearms,
Firearm parts, including but not limited to receivers and frames, silencers, rifle scopes and kits designed to modify guns so that they fire automatically. High capacity magazines, multi-burst trigger activators, and camouflaging firearm containers are other items in this category.
Ammunition, including propellants like gunpowder or blank ammunition; ammunition or cartridge cases; and primers, bullets, or propellant powder designed for any firearm
Where in violation of their policy and for me to reactivate my account I would have to remove all firearms, firearm related items and rifle scopes from my web site or remove PayPal as a form of payment.

This morning I read this:
http://www.ammoland.com/2012/04/20/bank ... z21MIrNwtZ

I changed banks and removed PayPal from my web-site :x
Ron Dishop Silencers
352-795-4511
Email: [email protected]
FFL / SOT
ericlw
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Bank of America Refusing Businesses that Support the 2nd

Post by ericlw »

my bass pro shop credit card is backed by bank of america. ive bought several guns from them. ?.?
Tango2249
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tango2249 »

Ron Dishop Silencers wrote:Last week Bank of America refusesd to accept my credit card sales deposit into my bank of America account, when I ask why: I was told I was violating their policy.
Then on Thursday PayPal called me within an hour after a sale of a suppressor and told me that my PayPal account has been frozen because of the sale of the suppressor violated their policy..
I was told that the sale of any firearm, including rifles, shotguns, and handguns, whether they’re for sport and recreation, collectibles, or curio or relic firearms,
Firearm parts, including but not limited to receivers and frames, silencers, rifle scopes and kits designed to modify guns so that they fire automatically. High capacity magazines, multi-burst trigger activators, and camouflaging firearm containers are other items in this category.
Ammunition, including propellants like gunpowder or blank ammunition; ammunition or cartridge cases; and primers, bullets, or propellant powder designed for any firearm
Where in violation of their policy and for me to reactivate my account I would have to remove all firearms, firearm related items and rifle scopes from my web site or remove PayPal as a form of payment.

This morning I read this:

I changed banks and removed PayPal from my web-site :x

I would have done exactly what you did...
“The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” - Samuel Adams
redtazdog
Elite Member

Post by redtazdog »

Strange as I have a B of A credit card that is only used for guns and everything about them
and never had a problem.
+ my wife worked for B of A and has never heard anything about refusing any business
that supports the 2nd
rcn11thacr
Silent But Deadly

Post by rcn11thacr »

Times are changing and folks are realigning themselves according to who they feel best fits their needs... I'd suggest we all trust but verify, then make our beds for the long haul. i fully agree that we should not darken the door of a business that spends money to harm what we consider a fundamental right.
Blackhorse Scout
Surly
Silent Operator

Post by Surly »

If you pay cash for your purchases, you don't pay usury to scum that undermine your rights with the money you give them. It takes a little self-discipline to save the money, but it can be done. :wink:
gunguy
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunguy »

If my credit card company pulls any s--t like that i'll drop them like a hot rock!
AAC Cyclone-BRANDED FOR LIFE MEMBER
gunham
Senior Silent Operator

Post by gunham »

Claim Minority status and scream about BOA violating your RIGHTS! :twisted:
Impeach Obama for violating the Constitution.
wphill

Post by wphill »

gunham wrote:Claim Minority status and scream about BOA violating your RIGHTS! :twisted:
Paypal is owned by ebay. Places like ebay and craig's list do not list firearms. This has been their policy, I think, for quite a while. The problem encountered seems to have more to do with ebay than the banks per se. I may be in the minority, but I do think that our second amendment rights are a lot of safer than some other risk coming away sooner than we realize. It always seems to be that unknown. Send them a check and get the process going. Good luck.
redtazdog
Elite Member

Post by redtazdog »

wphill wrote:
gunham wrote:Claim Minority status and scream about BOA violating your RIGHTS! :twisted:
Paypal is owned by ebay. Places like ebay and craig's list do not list firearms. This has been their policy, I think, for quite a while. The problem encountered seems to have more to do with ebay than the banks per se. I may be in the minority, but I do think that our second amendment rights are a lot of safer than some other risk coming away sooner than we realize. It always seems to be that unknown. Send them a check and get the process going. Good luck.
You can buy all kinds of gun parts on ebay but not a receiver or full firearm.
wphill

Post by wphill »

[/quote]
You can buy all kinds of gun parts on ebay but not a receiver or full firearm.[/quote]

Exactly. Which reminds me that they have been selling tac sol barrels as an auction, and
I wonder to what degree prices were reduced.
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

redtazdog wrote: You can buy all kinds of gun parts on ebay but not a receiver or full firearm.
You can now ( again ) this IMHO does not change there belief. Just because they sell the items again does not reflect the fact they still are antis and support that side with more generated by sales on ebay.
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
markm
Silent But Deadly

Post by markm »

BofA is a s--t hole bank. I can remember having bad experiences with those roaches back when I was a a student.

They're so slimey, I'd never have a bank account with them. They shouldn't be allowed to have "America" in their name at all.
redtazdog
Elite Member

Post by redtazdog »

markm wrote:BofA is a s--t hole bank. I can remember having bad experiences with those roaches back when I was a a student.

They're so slimey, I'd never have a bank account with them. They shouldn't be allowed to have "America" in their name at all.
Its not so much the employees but more the big dogs that
make the decisions and tell the employees what company
policies to follow.
Many businesses fail because of bad decisions by the big dogs.
twodollarbill
Silent But Deadly

Post by twodollarbill »

The only card I've used for the last 5 years for purchases at SG Ammo is my BofA without any problems.
wacki
Silent But Deadly

Post by wacki »

Has anyone emailed BoA? Would be nice to know if it's purely political or liability.

The bigger a company is the more lawyer paranoia builds up. I work for a highly regulated company and the amount of legal bull I have to put up with is mind boggling.

I probably spend 2-3 weeks a year doing nothing but "don't do this or we will get sued" training. If I'm an hour late on the training my boss's boss comes down on him pretty hard.
-k-
Industry Professional

Post by -k- »

wacki wrote:Has anyone emailed BoA? Would be nice to know if it's purely political or liability.
They are concerned about liability. What I understand is they are worried about people buying weapons on the internet, and can't grasp the idea that it goes to a local FFL to transfer just like normal. I'm pretty sure they process credit card sales for retail gun stores, just not online sales.
RavenArmament
Silent But Deadly

Post by RavenArmament »

Removed. I was wrong.
Last edited by RavenArmament on Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Manufacturer of the best subsonic 9mm ammunition.
robpiat
Silent But Deadly

Post by robpiat »

RavenArmament wrote:
Ron Dishop Silencers wrote: This morning I read this:
Same company that hired one of the FBI snipers that killed innocent civilians to be their spokesperson? F--k them. HS Precision can suck it.
????

The article is about McMillan.
RavenArmament
Silent But Deadly

Post by RavenArmament »

Maybe that was them. I'll look into it.

ETA: It was in fact HS Precision, not McMillan. I got the two mixed up, sorry.
Manufacturer of the best subsonic 9mm ammunition.