CCI Quiet through a suppressor?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Ratbat
Silent Operator

CCI Quiet through a suppressor?

Post by Ratbat »

Has anyone shot the CCI Quiet through a suppressor? Any problem with POI, blowback, baffle-strike, etc? Accuracy problems or any negative aspects? I really like the CCI sub-sonics and was wondering if there is any advantage of going to something even slower. I realize the semi-autos may not cycle with the Quiets.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: CCI Quiet through a suppressor?

Post by Bendersquint »

Ratbat wrote:Has anyone shot the CCI Quiet through a suppressor? Any problem with POI, blowback, baffle-strike, etc? Accuracy problems or any negative aspects? I really like the CCI sub-sonics and was wondering if there is any advantage of going to something even slower. I realize the semi-autos may not cycle with the Quiets.
I wouldn't waste my money on something slower than subsonics. You will have a notable POI shift, I doubt baffle strikes but I am sticking with Standard Velocity ammo.
twodollarbill
Silent But Deadly

Post by twodollarbill »

+1....CCI Standard Velocity
ronin111
Silent But Deadly

Post by ronin111 »

I've shot a few bricks. They are very quiet through a suppressor. I mostly shoot them in my bolt rifles, they won't cycle any of my semis. The accuracy is ok but they are much more consistent than CBs. I would guess about 1-1.5 inch at 50 yards. The POI is going to be lower just due to velocity.
Ratbat
Silent Operator

Post by Ratbat »

I guess there's no good reason to shoot Quiets vs. sub-sonics so I guess I'll stick with the subs. My 10/22 with the Essence of Liberty loves them anyway.