Surefire fail safe suppressors

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

mj30wilson

Surefire fail safe suppressors

Post by mj30wilson »

What makes these fail safe?

Do they have alignment pins or central shaft to keep baffles in alignment?
I'm a reasonable guy most of the time but i must insist factory rifles now come with 1/8 m.o.a guarantee to support my fly wing shooting pastime.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Surefire fail safe suppressors

Post by Bendersquint »

mj30wilson wrote:What makes these fail safe?

Do they have alignment pins or central shaft to keep baffles in alignment?
Baffles are welded to the tube so thats not it, I have my suspicions on what it is and once I verify it I will post it.
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

According to their marketing, it's that due to the shape of the baffles (rounded), a bullet that is unstable and hits a baffle is more likely to continue out the front of the can rather than hitting a sharp angle baffle and being deflected out the side of the can.

I've seen a lot of baffle strikes in various cans, and i think this claim/feature is more marketing hype than anything.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

JasonM wrote:According to their marketing, it's that due to the shape of the baffles (rounded), a bullet that is unstable and hits a baffle is more likely to continue out the front of the can rather than hitting a sharp angle baffle and being deflected out the side of the can.

I've seen a lot of baffle strikes in various cans, and i think this claim/feature is more marketing hype than anything.
My suspicions were correct then.....all marketing.
Tuukka
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tuukka »

JasonM wrote:According to their marketing, it's that due to the shape of the baffles (rounded), a bullet that is unstable and hits a baffle is more likely to continue out the front of the can rather than hitting a sharp angle baffle and being deflected out the side of the can.

Well, we have had some serious damage occur to suppressors when doing testing to destruction; not a single bullet has deflected to the side.

Regards!

Tuukka Jokinen
Ase Utra sound suppressors
Ase Utra sound suppressors / www.aseutra.fi
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

Tuukka wrote:

Well, we have had some serious damage occur to suppressors when doing testing to destruction; not a single bullet has deflected to the side.

Regards!

Tuukka Jokinen
That has been my experience too
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
markm
Silent But Deadly

Post by markm »

Fail Safe makes people feel better about overpaying for a SureFire can. 8)
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

JasonM wrote:
Tuukka wrote: Well, we have had some serious damage occur to suppressors when doing testing to destruction; not a single bullet has deflected to the side.

Regards!

Tuukka Jokinen
That has been my experience too
+1

But if it addresses a problem noone knew existed it makes for effective marketing and makes all other suppressor manufacturers suspect about what THEY do to combat that problem.
tsands974
Silent But Deadly

Post by tsands974 »

markm wrote:Fail Safe makes people feel better about overpaying for a SureFire can. 8)
I find it hard to justify forking over the cash they want just for their flashlights.
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

markm wrote:Fail Safe makes people feel better about overpaying for a SureFire can. 8)

Hey something has to make them feel better for paying more. :lol: