Time check - Florida

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

rcn11thacr
Silent But Deadly

Time check - Florida

Post by rcn11thacr »

Since early May i've been waiting for my SS Sparrow to arrive at my dealer so i could actually start the form 4 process. Got the call today that its in, wow. Now since i live in Florida i thought i'd ask what the current wait is looking like. I'm resigned to the reality that it will certainly be well into the spring of next year before its actually mine. Is there any reason to believe this thought process is incorrect? I am planning for 12 months... maybe this way if it comes in before then i can feel lucky it wasnt a full year wait :(
Blackhorse Scout
Trevor2011
Silent But Deadly

Re: Time check - Florida

Post by Trevor2011 »

I started my process on 1/31/12 and got approved 8/3/12 but my paperwork hasn't made it back to my dealer yet
sillycon
Silent But Deadly

Post by sillycon »

At this time, the wait in FL appears to be ~6 months door to door, and is slowly declining.
rcn11thacr
Silent But Deadly

Post by rcn11thacr »

sillycon wrote:At this time, the wait in FL appears to be ~6 months door to door, and is slowly declining.
Normally "declining" would be a term i would not be happy to see... In this case let's hope the decline continues :)

Thanks for the opinions as well as the personal experiences.
Blackhorse Scout
sarthree
Senior Silent Operator

Post by sarthree »

About 175-190 days
WooD
Silent But Deadly

Post by WooD »

Florida's not too bad...well it could be worst.

I sent off a form 4 last year that I got back 106 days from pending.

Sent off two form 1's this past January that were 160 days from pending.

I cant see any reason that once your in the ATF system, they couldn't just run a background check on you instead of starting from scratch every time.
flilow06

Post by flilow06 »

Florida Form 4 for a TiRant via Trust sent out Feb 7th, Pending Feb 30, Approved July 31, Received Aug 7th.

Pretty much 5 months on the dot from pending to approval, 6 months door to door as stated above.
Ron Dishop Silencers
Silent Operator

Post by Ron Dishop Silencers »

It has been taking 5 months for my customers to receive their form 4's back.
I'm in central FL
Ron Dishop Silencers
352-795-4511
Email: [email protected]
FFL / SOT
2Munkeez
Senior Silent Operator

Post by 2Munkeez »

FWIW my form4 took almost exactly 6months. It was a SMG on a trust and Lamberger was my examiner.

I'm about to start another wait, glad to hear times might be getting shorter :)
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

It could be worse....you could be in Louisiana! I have 5 months and 8 days invested in getting a can from Liberty to my dealer and then getting the Louisiana state paperwork approved. Yesterday the La. paperwork came in and now we can finally mail out my First Form 4 when the dealer gets his copy of the Louisiana approval (3-4 more days according to him). The can actually arrived at the dealers shop almost 2 months ago.....which means that it takes us poor Louisiana saps almost 2 months for the dealer to get the can logged into his bound book and me approved by the state so we can send out the Form 4 (can any other Louisiana resident confirm that this is about normal?)! If I'm lucky my dealer will get to mail the form 4 on Friday August 24th and maybe I'll be lucky enough to go pending by the end of September and get my FIRST can by the end of March 2013. Considering my dealer said I should have my first can by around Thanksgiving of THIS year I'm a little upset that it won't be until mid Turkey season of 2013 :(

I wish Louisiana didn't have their own dumb approval process to go through. I'd take your Florida wait over ours any day!!!
I've gotta stop this habit.
Ron Dishop Silencers
Silent Operator

Post by Ron Dishop Silencers »

OJB4 wrote:It could be worse....you could be in Louisiana! I have 5 months and 8 days invested in getting a can from Liberty to my dealer and then getting the Louisiana state paperwork approved. I wish Louisiana didn't have their own dumb approval process to go through. I'd take your Florida wait over ours any day!!!

You do know if you have a second residence like a vacation home in another state; You can us that address on your form 4.
your next can purchase come on down to Florida I'll rent you a room at my house for a dollar a month (vacation home ) that way you will have dual residents and I’ll do your transfers for you
Ron Dishop Silencers
352-795-4511
Email: [email protected]
FFL / SOT
Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fireman1291 »

^
Badass
Industry T&E
https://www.youtube.com/nfareviewchannelusa
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/NFAreviewchannel
Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/nfareview
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

Hmmmmmm......interesting. I'm sure my wife wouldn't mind a beach house though......she might be curious as to why I'd want one all of a sudden, but as long as she got her beach house I'm guessing that she wouldn't much care what toys I bought afterwards! :lol:
ScoutMedic

Post by ScoutMedic »

Suppressor x3
SBR x1

Check Cashed 06Mar12
Pending 26Mar12
Approved ??
Stamp Received 22Aug12
Last edited by ScoutMedic on Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
huntinherrington

Post by huntinherrington »

OJB4 wrote:It could be worse....you could be in Louisiana! I have 5 months and 8 days invested in getting a can from Liberty to my dealer and then getting the Louisiana state paperwork approved. Yesterday the La. paperwork came in and now we can finally mail out my First Form 4 when the dealer gets his copy of the Louisiana approval (3-4 more days according to him). The can actually arrived at the dealers shop almost 2 months ago.....which means that it takes us poor Louisiana saps almost 2 months for the dealer to get the can logged into his bound book and me approved by the state so we can send out the Form 4 (can any other Louisiana resident confirm that this is about normal?)! If I'm lucky my dealer will get to mail the form 4 on Friday August 24th and maybe I'll be lucky enough to go pending by the end of September and get my FIRST can by the end of March 2013. Considering my dealer said I should have my first can by around Thanksgiving of THIS year I'm a little upset that it won't be until mid Turkey season of 2013 :(

I wish Louisiana didn't have their own dumb approval process to go through. I'd take your Florida wait over ours any day!!!
This december will be 2 years since i bought my SWR Spectre. I still havent gotten it yet!! How do i check the statusof my form?? I guess Louisiana just sucks?
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

This december will be 2 years since i bought my SWR Spectre. I still havent gotten it yet!! How do i check the statusof my form?? I guess Louisiana just sucks?[/quote]

Call the ATF to check the status of your form. When it went pending, etc.? Was your tax check cashed?....when? I'm new and haven't called the ATF yet, but NFA tracker website lists this number to call....304-616-4500. Have your serial number of your can ready as well as the transferee name. Keep us posted as to what's going on. 2 years is a long time....I'm guessing you must have had to wait a long time for the can to reach your dealer? PM me with some more details if you don't mind. Yes, Louisiana does suck since we have to get approval from the State before we can send in a Form 4