10/22 SD Officially Cancelled

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

renegade
Silent But Deadly

10/22 SD Officially Cancelled

Post by renegade »

Has anything good happened since Kevin Left?

Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Re: 10/22 SD Officially Cancelled

Post by Fireman1291 »

:roll:

Great......
Industry T&E
https://www.youtube.com/nfareviewchannelusa
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/NFAreviewchannel
Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/nfareview
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

Well, it was a promising design that had a lot of problems..

Clearly they've decided it's not worth pursuing. I'd imagine it wasn't a priority for Rem to sell Ruger's guns.

Too bad.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

Wonder what the deal with the new ranger is.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

BIG Co take over never good.

Hard to screw up a 10/22. I think they lose touch with the people and drag ass on anything new. I cringing having to need any warranty work some day!

If this was 2011 I would be AAC free. :mrgreen:

They DId come out with the handi in 300 blk but you guess it, to sell rem ammo. :mrgreen:
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
GlocksInMySocks
Silent But Deadly

Post by GlocksInMySocks »

Well, the only good that will come from this is that maybe they will catch up on that massive backorder of every other product they make...
Don't be an internet tough guy...
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

So they get bought by a bigger firm in order to GROW. Then they send those who ran the place away (fired). Then after all this growing they have so much work they can not make items they already took orders for?
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
tsands974
Silent But Deadly

Post by tsands974 »

Hope this isn't the same fate for the Micro 7.
copenhagen
Silent But Deadly

Post by copenhagen »

How much do you want to bet that we see an AAC Integrally Suppressed Remington 597 in the future?
rockman96
Silent But Deadly

Post by rockman96 »

rogerme wrote:So they get bought by a bigger firm in order to GROW. Then they send those who ran the place away (fired). Then after all this growing they have so much work they can not make items they already took orders for?
Yep...real classy, eh? :roll:
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

rockman96 wrote:
rogerme wrote:So they get bought by a bigger firm in order to GROW. Then they send those who ran the place away (fired). Then after all this growing they have so much work they can not make items they already took orders for?
Yea because I have had one on order for a very long time.
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
GlocksInMySocks
Silent But Deadly

Post by GlocksInMySocks »

rogerme wrote:
rockman96 wrote:
Yea because I have had one on order for a very long time.
Probably about the same amount of time I've had a SR7 on order
Don't be an internet tough guy...
Dan
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dan »

JasonM wrote:Well, it was a promising design that had a lot of problems..
Like what problems? A barrel , sleeve and nut, what could go wrong?
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

redtazdog
Elite Member

Post by redtazdog »

Dan wrote:
The tube getting stuck on the fat part of the barrel at the baffle core with lead and crap buildup maybe ?
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

redtazdog wrote:
Dan wrote:
The tube getting stuck on the fat part of the barrel at the baffle core with lead and crap buildup maybe ?
And I think the fact that just making a .22 is harder than expected...

Sourcing the barrels, figuring out .22 chambers- accuracy versus reliability, sourcing the stock parts from Ruger, allocating resources to building and testing the guns, etc...

Or maybe it was some corporate decision?

All of this against the backdrop of not being able to produce their main product (cans) fast enough to supply the demand.

It sucks because I've shot a couple of the 1022-SDs as well as the prototype Marlin Papoose version.. all were super quiet and fun.

At the end of the day, who knows? Because the decision makers aren't commenting.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
redtazdog
Elite Member

Post by redtazdog »

JasonM wrote:
And I think the fact that just making a .22 is harder than expected...

Sourcing the barrels, figuring out .22 chambers- accuracy versus reliability, sourcing the stock parts from Ruger, allocating resources to building and testing the guns, etc...

Or maybe it was some corporate decision?

All of this against the backdrop of not being able to produce their main product (cans) fast enough to supply the demand.

It sucks because I've shot a couple of the 1022-SDs as well as the prototype Marlin Papoose version.. all were super quiet and fun.

At the end of the day, who knows? Because the decision makers aren't commenting.
I think making the barrel with a good size accurate reliable chamber is the easy part, making the barrel mono baffled for sale
would be the hard part for me as I still need to get my 07 02
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

A amigo got one of these. http://www.awcsystech.com/ultraiis.html

I won't tie up a can stamp on one gun that not make much difference.

I agree, AAC 22 hosts will have to be Remington owned now. ( barf ) Their ammo sucks too.

As far as hard to make . NOT
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

I bought an Element 2 on March 8, 2012 and my dealer still hasn't received it from them......wonder how long before they make a production run of Element's???? I'm new to all this, but if my dealer cancelled the order now would AAC send him my money back in full or do they charge a restocking fee? Seems kinda odd that they haven't made ANY elements in almost 6 months. Might cancel my Tirant-45 if this is the kinda stuff they're gonna pull....
I've gotta stop this habit.
Davo5o
Silent But Deadly

Post by Davo5o »

Not to s--t on anyone's parade, but why not just buy a tac sol 10/22 sbx and then have a can for multiple hosts?
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." -Goethe
srt-4_uk
Silent But Deadly

Post by srt-4_uk »

Davo5o wrote:Not to s--t on anyone's parade, but why not just buy a tac sol 10/22 sbx and then have a can for multiple hosts?
the need to use subsonic ammo. plus it looks terrible in comparison.
sukhoi
Silent But Deadly

Post by sukhoi »

Eh thats ok, Liberty offers a 10/22 anyway :D http://www.libertycans.net/pinnicale.html
Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

I bought the YHM ones about a year into waiting very glad I did as it has become my most used 10/22. All the Ruger stuff is crap they could have simply made the barrels. I seem to remember Ruger himself was the one who claimed nobody needed mags over ten rounds. This sire did not stop people from making them. And not they make them as with this item once the MONEY starts to show up they woudl have got in the game. Can you imagine the sales that could have been had if the Ruger catalog had a suppressed 10/22 in it?

Clint Smith
bani
Silent But Deadly

Post by bani »

OJB4 wrote:I bought an Element 2 on March 8, 2012 and my dealer still hasn't received it from them......wonder how long before they make a production run of Element's???? I'm new to all this, but if my dealer cancelled the order now would AAC send him my money back in full or do they charge a restocking fee? Seems kinda odd that they haven't made ANY elements in almost 6 months. Might cancel my Tirant-45 if this is the kinda stuff they're gonna pull....
same here. ordered an element 2 on march 22. who needs ATF delays when your manufacturer delays just as bad or worse?

if they delay much longer i'll just cancel and go with a liberty or huntertown.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

bani wrote:
OJB4 wrote:I bought an Element 2 on March 8, 2012 and my dealer still hasn't received it from them......wonder how long before they make a production run of Element's???? I'm new to all this, but if my dealer cancelled the order now would AAC send him my money back in full or do they charge a restocking fee? Seems kinda odd that they haven't made ANY elements in almost 6 months. Might cancel my Tirant-45 if this is the kinda stuff they're gonna pull....
same here. ordered an element 2 on march 22. who needs ATF delays when your manufacturer delays just as bad or worse?

if they delay much longer i'll just cancel and go with a liberty or huntertown.
Cancel and add the Spectre II to your list with the Liberty. :mrgreen: I only buy one can that not in stock, it was the Octane 9 when ready to release and it only delayed two+ weeks THEN SWR upgraded it to the newest model FREE in one week their time! Also Liberty upgraded my TL in about the same time. Silencerco/SWR and Liberty has great no BS service and still treat you like they family owned. :D