Repurposing a Gemtech Mossad

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Mike M.

Repurposing a Gemtech Mossad

Post by Mike M. »

I've got a Gemtech Mossad suppressor for an Uzi. Thinking of selling the Uzi, as the least remote range to shoot it is 2 hours drive away - and I've lost interest in full-auto anyway.

The question is, what do I do with the can? It's nearly new, but on a Form 4, so I figure its effective resale value is in the $300-400 range. What I would like to do is rework it for use on a 5.56mm rifle (stipulating that per ATF, a caliber change is impossible), but is that a practical option? I've already got a 9mm can - and hanging something that size and weight on a pistol isn't really appealing.

Any thoughts?
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Re: Repurposing a Gemtech Mossad

Post by renegade »

See if someone can make a new mount for it to work on other 9mm guns. Perhaps a 3Lug or something. Mossad is a very quiet can, so I would look into that.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Unfortunately even with the ATF rules on changing calibers the Mossad is not suitable for making it rated to handle 556 rounds, even with a 9mm bore(to keep with ATF regs).

Now if you are wanting it reworked into a 3-lug then THAT we can do for you.
jt526
Silent But Deadly

Post by jt526 »

What about using a TROS adapter down to 1/2x32 and calling it good? That is a fairly inexpensive solution. 5.56 would tear that thing apart.

http://www.trosusa.com/Adapters/Adapters.htm
Stupid, stupid NFA items.