Best suppressor for 45 Glock

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

mpallett
Elite Industry Professional

Post by mpallett »

Devil_Dawg wrote: However the HEMS-II spec sheet does not indicate which threads to have for the barrel.
.578-28, M16 x 1 RH, M16 x 1 LH and a Propriatary thread for 1911 barrels.
Devil_Dawg
Silent Operator

Post by Devil_Dawg »

mpallett wrote:
Devil_Dawg wrote: However the HEMS-II spec sheet does not indicate which threads to have for the barrel.
Thank you very much.

Can you also give your opinion on which threads which may be better to use on your cans HEMS II?

Again thanks!
Semper Fi
mpallett
Elite Industry Professional

Post by mpallett »

Devil_Dawg wrote:
mpallett wrote:
Thank you very much.

Can you also give your opinion on which threads which may be better to use on your cans HEMS II?

Again thanks!

It really depends on what guns you are going to have.

If you ever are going to get a 1911, use the .578 thread and have your G21 barrel threaded for that.

If you are going to get a MK23, use the 16 x1 rh and have your barrel threaded for that.

If you are going to get a HK Tac get the 16x1 LH and get the G21 barrel threaded for that.
Devil_Dawg
Silent Operator

Post by Devil_Dawg »

mpallett wrote:
It really depends on what guns you are going to have.

If you ever are going to get a 1911, use the .578 thread and have your G21 barrel threaded for that.

If you are going to get a MK23, use the 16 x1 rh and have your barrel threaded for that.

If you are going to get a HK Tac get the 16x1 LH and get the G21 barrel threaded for that.
My purchase would be dedicated to a Glock 21SF. So is there a pro or con on which may be better suited in this application for your HEMS II?

Thank you again for your time.

Eric
Semper Fi
pdemos
Elite Member

Post by pdemos »

Alright I have one more question to ask, in your opinion what would be the best hand gun to suppress,make, model and cal. cost not a problem.
shush
Senior Silent Operator

Post by shush »

HK MARK 23

Evrything else is just a toy :P
Sid Post
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sid Post »

I really like the Metric threads on my G17 Jarvis barrel. There is a smooth muzzle section that helps align it and makes mounting easy and eliminates any cross threading worries for me.

I'll most likely stick with the backwards metric threading from now on.

As to what's best to suppress? What ever your favorite pistol is. ;) I'm a Glock'aholic but, I could see some value in an HK USP pistol or similar style modern pistol. The old classics like the 1911 and Hi-Power don't seem to be as easy to suppress and I like the modern double action auto's anyway so it's a pretty easy choice for me.
Devil_Dawg
Silent Operator

Post by Devil_Dawg »

Sid Post wrote:I really like the Metric threads on my G17 Jarvis barrel. There is a smooth muzzle section that helps align it and makes mounting easy and eliminates any cross threading worries for me.

I'll most likely stick with the backwards metric threading from now on.
I spoke with Freddy and Mike, and they recommended 16x1MM LH for their EVO45 or Blackbox. Something to do with the o-ring inside the mount of the can.

Didn't want to take up a bunch of their time, but could someone explain to me in more detail why this is?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Eric
Semper Fi
Sid Post
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sid Post »

The o-ring keeps the water/grease/etc out off your face and out of your eyes if you shoot wet.
Devil_Dawg
Silent Operator

Post by Devil_Dawg »

Sid Post wrote:The o-ring keeps the water/grease/etc out off your face and out of your eyes if you shoot wet.
Yeah understand that okay, but Mike made it sound like a LH thread would tighten it's self onto to the can better, and the o-ring would help as mech advantage to help it from unthreading as well.

Guess what I'm askin is there one thread better than another?
Semper Fi
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

Sid Post wrote:The o-ring keeps the water/grease/etc out off your face and out of your eyes if you shoot wet.
I have both the Evo-9 1/2 x 28 RH and the Evo-45 16x1 LH and both kick back plenty of crud when I shoot wet.
dieselten
Silent But Deadly

Post by dieselten »

Devil_Dawg wrote:
Yeah understand that okay, but Mike made it sound like a LH thread would tighten it's self onto to the can better, and the o-ring would help as mech advantage to help it from unthreading as well.

Guess what I'm askin is there one thread better than another?
The crap comes out of the ejection port. No O ring will stop that. The O ring rides on the muzzle in front of the threads and adds a little pressure between the can and the barrel. It helps to hold the can centered on the barrel in case it loosens a little and it can add some pressure to keep the can from loosening also. I have an EVO45 16 x 1 RH for my MK23 and the fit of the can on the barrel is unbelievably perfect. The O ring makes all the difference in the world. Excellent job AAC.

And the answer to your next question is "no".

You can't just stick an O ring into any thread to make it work the same. The muzzle has to be machined perfectly to accept the O ring and the O ring needs to be perfectly placed in the can.
dieselten
Silent But Deadly

Post by dieselten »

shush wrote:HK MARK 23

Evrything else is just a toy :P
Word

m4sarecool

Post by m4sarecool »

Sid Post
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sid Post »

Yes, backwards threads in theory self tighten because the torque of the bullet going down the barrel spins the barrel to tighten it and the suppressor.
pdemos
Elite Member

Post by pdemos »

m4sarecool wrote:Black box on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRk8DNMizw4
Thanks, has any one done sound test on it yet. Meaning db's so you can compare it to others. This can has quite a reputation to live up to, and I sure hope it does.
Devil_Dawg
Silent Operator

Post by Devil_Dawg »

Sid Post wrote:Yes, backwards threads in theory self tighten because the torque of the bullet going down the barrel spins the barrel to tighten it and the suppressor.
Grand Slam Sid thanks! Thats what I was looking for.

So I am going to order a Jarvis 16x1MM LH. FWIW spoke with them few days ago, and the said that these barrels are not in stock, and they will not have a production run until late summer. So the ETA for the BLACKBOX is not looking too bad for me. Think I'll wait for it as well.

Eric
Semper Fi
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

Devil_Dawg wrote:
Sid Post wrote:Yes, backwards threads in theory self tighten because the torque of the bullet going down the barrel spins the barrel to tighten it and the suppressor.
Grand Slam Sid thanks! Thats what I was looking for.

So I am going to order a Jarvis 16x1MM LH. FWIW spoke with them few days ago, and the said that these barrels are not in stock, and they will not have a production run until late summer. So the ETA for the BLACKBOX is not looking too bad for me. Think I'll wait for it as well.

Eric
right now it is just a theory as my Evo-45 16x1 LH will unscrew just as much as my Evo9 will 1/2 x 28,so I dont buy it.
Devil_Dawg
Silent Operator

Post by Devil_Dawg »

I would tend to agree cyclone72, but both Freddy & Mike advised to go LH with the EVO45 or BLACKBOX.

If all things are equal, the theory along with the advise, might as well order a LH threads.
Semper Fi
pdemos
Elite Member

Post by pdemos »

Devil_Dawg wrote:I would tend to agree cyclone72, but both Freddy & Mike advised to go LH with the EVO45 or BLACKBOX.

If all things are equal, the theory along with the advise, might as well order a LH threads.
Hey when you finally get things together on your .45 would you let me know how it comes out, because I would sure like to build one in a .45 also but not sure how it will suppress. Thanks,
Devil_Dawg
Silent Operator

Post by Devil_Dawg »

You bet pdemos... and sorry for jackin some what.
Semper Fi
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

Devil_Dawg wrote:I would tend to agree cyclone72, but both Freddy & Mike advised to go LH with the EVO45 or BLACKBOX.

you cant go wrong with either of these
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

Devil_Dawg wrote:and sorry for jackin some what.
this you may want too keep to yourself. :lol:.
Devil_Dawg
Silent Operator

Post by Devil_Dawg »

cyclone72 wrote: this you may want too keep to yourself. :lol:.
:oops: that didn't sound right huh :roll: :lol: :lol:
Semper Fi
Devil_Dawg
Silent Operator

Post by Devil_Dawg »

Sid Post wrote: Bar-Sto and KKM offer some nice Stainless barrels but, only in "American" thread pitches.
Hey I see where Bar-Sto now offers a 16X1 RH for a Glock 21. FOOK thought I had this sorted out! :lol:

With all the talk of Jarvis's lack of order fulfillments, and untimely ship times, perhaps that might make a dif for me between a Jarvis 16X1 LH vs Bar-Sto 16X1 RH.

Does any one know if Jarvis hit's your credit card on a back-ordered barrel, or do they only bill you like Bar-Sto when they ship?
Last edited by Devil_Dawg on Sun May 27, 2007 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Semper Fi