Best suppressor for 45 Glock

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

Devil_Dawg wrote:
cyclone72 wrote: this you may want too keep to yourself. :lol:.
:oops: that didn't sound right huh :roll: :lol: :lol:
nope,you can always go back and change it and ill change my quote :lol:
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

Devil_Dawg wrote:
Sid Post wrote: Bar-Sto and KKM offer some nice Stainless barrels but, only in "American" thread pitches.
Hey I see where Bar-Sto now offers a 16X1 RH for a Glock 21. FOOK thought I had this sorted out! :lol:

With all the talk of Jarvis's lack of order fulfillments, and untimely ship times, perhaps that might make a dif for me between a Jarvis 16X1 LH vs Bar-Sto 16X1 RH.

Does any one know if Jarvis hit's your credit card on a back-ordered barrel, or do they only bill you like Bar-Sto when they ship?
they bill when they ship the item,they did that with my 5.7 and G17 barrel.
Devil_Dawg
Silent Operator

Post by Devil_Dawg »

:lol: your too funny cyclone72! And thanks for the heads up on Jarvis billing.

Hey maybe you can help me a little more. You said you have both 16X1 LH & 16X1 RN barrels. Can you or some one else post pic's of these, and a .578X28?

Would be of great help to see what these look like.

Thanks again in advance for your help!

Eric
Semper Fi
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

Devil_Dawg wrote::lol: your too funny cyclone72! And thanks for the heads up on Jarvis billing.

Hey maybe you can help me a little more. You said you have both 16X1 LH & 16X1 RN barrels. Can you or some one else post pic's of these, and a .578X28?

Would be of great help to see what these look like.

Thanks again in advance for your help!

Eric
no,I have a 16x1 LH and 1/2 x28 RH and I can post pics of both if you like.
Devil_Dawg
Silent Operator

Post by Devil_Dawg »

cyclone72 wrote: no,I have a 16x1 LH and 1/2 x28 RH and I can post pics of both if you like.
That would be great thanks!!
Semper Fi
pdemos
Elite Member

Post by pdemos »

Hey you two are getting me dizzy, but any way I have learned a lot thanks.
Jonas
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jonas »

I debated with LH vs RH threads when I bought my Evo9. In the end, I decided that LH threads offer no tangible benefits over RH.
Devil_Dawg
Silent Operator

Post by Devil_Dawg »

pbauw wrote:I debated with LH vs RH threads when I bought my Evo9. In the end, I decided that LH threads offer no tangible benefits over RH.
Not only that for me, but tring to understand the benefits of metric vs std US thread pitches.

Didn't realize how much I didn't know :shock: :lol:
Semper Fi
Jonas
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jonas »

Devil_Dawg wrote:
pbauw wrote:I debated with LH vs RH threads when I bought my Evo9. In the end, I decided that LH threads offer no tangible benefits over RH.
Not only that for me, but tring to understand the benefits of metric vs std US thread pitches.

Didn't realize how much I didn't know :shock: :lol:
Metric thread specs have a short unthreaded portion forward of the thread that may or may not make it easier to "start" the threads. I can only surmise that this is done to prevent those clumsy Euro fucks from crossing the threads on their .380 Walther pea-shooters.
Devil_Dawg
Silent Operator

Post by Devil_Dawg »

pbauw wrote: Metric thread specs have a short unthreaded portion forward of the thread that may or may not make it easier to "start" the threads. I can only surmise that this is done to prevent those clumsy Euro fucks from crossing the threads on their .380 Walther pea-shooters.
Thanks for the threaded barrel class 101! That explains a lot... and a good laugh to boot! :P
Semper Fi
Devil_Dawg
Silent Operator

Post by Devil_Dawg »

Hey since we are on this topic, I have started to reseached which fixed iron night sights to install on my G21 SF. It has brought me to the Ameriglo brand.

They make a rear sight GTR-100 (.394" in height) for suppressor use, and they state to use the GL-112-300 (300" in height) or GL-112-315 (.315" in height) front blade for Glock's.

My question to you guys is, which is the right front blade height for a G21, and is there a better solution/company for night sights for a suppressed Glock?

Thanks again!

Eric
Semper Fi
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

Ill try to remember to do it today.You PM'd me right,ok,Im on it.