RPB Mac Suppressor Rebuild

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

suttonlr

RPB Mac Suppressor Rebuild

Post by suttonlr »

Hey everyone,
First post... Longtime reader. I asked this over at UziTalk and was referred here. I know this has been asked many times before but I haven't seen anything recently and I also have a question about the threading...

I recently picked up an old skool RPB 2 Stage suppressor (it came with my M11/9). I am considering having it rebuilt. Who is currently doing the "best/most quiet" conversion? Is anyone doing modern baffles or is it mostly washers/spacers? Do any of y'all have pictures of any rebuilds? This will be used on my Max-31.

Second part... Has anyone done rethreading of the suppressor (or added a piston system of some sort)? Or what do y'all think about welding the tros adapter for 1/2-28 onto the suppressor so it doesn't come unscrewed? Also, would it be better to have the 1/2-28 max-31 barrel with TROS adapter or just buy the 3/4-10 barrel? I don't really want to worry about it unscrewing. my stock upper is now dedicated m11/22 so im not concerned about being able to use it on the 3/4-10 stock barrel. Thanks for the info!
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: RPB Mac Suppressor Rebuild

Post by Bendersquint »

suttonlr wrote:Hey everyone,
First post... Longtime reader. I asked this over at UziTalk and was referred here. I know this has been asked many times before but I haven't seen anything recently and I also have a question about the threading...

I recently picked up an old skool RPB 2 Stage suppressor (it came with my M11/9). I am considering having it rebuilt. Who is currently doing the "best/most quiet" conversion? Is anyone doing modern baffles or is it mostly washers/spacers? Do any of y'all have pictures of any rebuilds? This will be used on my Max-31.

Second part... Has anyone done rethreading of the suppressor (or added a piston system of some sort)? Or what do y'all think about welding the tros adapter for 1/2-28 onto the suppressor so it doesn't come unscrewed? Also, would it be better to have the 1/2-28 max-31 barrel with TROS adapter or just buy the 3/4-10 barrel? I don't really want to worry about it unscrewing. my stock upper is now dedicated m11/22 so im not concerned about being able to use it on the 3/4-10 stock barrel. Thanks for the info!
We are rebuilding a bunch of M11 cans, Sionics, RPB, MAC and Frankford Arsenal right now.

Our rebuilds are in SS so they won't wear out like the aluminum cores, they do sound quieter and a different tone.

I am not aware of anyone else rebuilding MAC styled cans at this time.

The rear of the assembly can be rebuilt to 1/2x28. You still need some extra features like Loctite to make sure it doesn't unscrew.
suttonlr

Post by suttonlr »

Stalking Rhino,

What are type of baffles are you using in this retrofit? Have yall ever converted one to three lug? What would be the cost for the retrofit and how much for the rethreading? Thanks!

Luke
Frank Castle
Silent Operator

Post by Frank Castle »

I have a Tros 3 lug adapter I had on a RPB open bolt and a SWR Trident 3 Lug that changes out where the booster is. Its going up for sale if needed. Unsure if its same thread as the M11's off the top of my head.