Best Serviceable 9MM for FA 9MM/.22LR?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Fire_Medic
Silent Operator

Best Serviceable 9MM for FA 9MM/.22LR?

Post by Fire_Medic »

I have been eyeballing the Liberty Mystic, and a few guys have told me to look at the Infiniti and the Octane 2.......

Anyone have any experience here with these in comparison........

Thanks
FM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Best Serviceable 9MM for FA 9MM/.22LR?

Post by Bendersquint »

Fire_Medic wrote:I have been eyeballing the Liberty Mystic, and a few guys have told me to look at the Infiniti and the Octane 2.......

Thanks
FM
Octane2 only because I have heard it, the Mystic is supposed to be pretty sweet but I haven't heard one in person.
black-sheep
Silent But Deadly

Post by black-sheep »

FWIW when my stamp came back on my mystic
I ordered an infinity the same day!
To say I love these cans is an understatement.
Sorry I have not heard the Octane2 yet.
Mabe some one in Vegas has one and we could get together and do a side by side?
Fire_Medic
Silent Operator

Post by Fire_Medic »

black-sheep wrote:FWIW when my stamp came back on my mystic
I ordered an infinity the same day!
To say I love these cans is an understatement.
Sorry I have not heard the Octane2 yet.
Mabe some one in Vegas has one and we could get together and do a side by side?
Can you provide any feedback on the comparison between the mystic and infiniti? The Liberty website does not go into as much detail on the specifics of the infinit as the mystic.....?

Thanks
FM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
lafsnguy
Silent But Deadly

Post by lafsnguy »

The infiniti is all titanium and so it's a couple of ounces lighter than the mystic. I have an infiniti. The only reason I went with the infiniti was I planned on shooting it on a couple of handguns so the lighter weight would help. I run my infiniti on my FA m11/9 as well as an 1894c with full house 357 mag and it is great. If all you are planning on running it only on a machine gun I would probably get the mystic but if you plan on putting it on something where the weight could be an issue look at getting the infiniti.
Fire_Medic
Silent Operator

Post by Fire_Medic »

lafsnguy wrote:The infiniti is all titanium and so it's a couple of ounces lighter than the mystic. I have an infiniti. The only reason I went with the infiniti was I planned on shooting it on a couple of handguns so the lighter weight would help. I run my infiniti on my FA m11/9 as well as an 1894c with full house 357 mag and it is great. If all you are planning on running it only on a machine gun I would probably get the mystic but if you plan on putting it on something where the weight could be an issue look at getting the infiniti.
I have an Osprey 9 that paper work was just recently sent on. I was looking at the serviceable 9mm cans, particularly the mystic/infinity as I am in the process of putting together a 9MM SBR and would also like to put a 300BLK shorty upper on my 5.56 lower (sbr). And I do have plans in the future for a lever action like you mentioned.

Decisions, decisions.......
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jt.kline19 »

I think the Mystic is a very good silencer, and I like how the monocore looks. I would recommend it to any one, I run it a lot on my M11/9 but mainly 22lr kit though. It sound great on evey gun I put it on, and the is not an issue to me, but I know other go with the infinity for any weight issues. But I would for the mystic just due to the fact that rated on more cals than the infinity, and about 100 cheaper and you get more calibers out of it
Once a Marine Always a Marine, so why reenlist?
Member of LSU
In Memory of the First Person to Get Me Into Guns, and NFA. RIP Edward R. Kline USAF Retired, August 12, 1953- May 26, 2012
Fire_Medic
Silent Operator

Post by Fire_Medic »

Jt.kline19 wrote:But I would for the mystic just due to the fact that rated on more cals than the infinity, and about 100 cheaper and you get more calibers out of it
Thanks for your input brother this is basically where my heads at right now.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Flipz
Silent But Deadly

Post by Flipz »

Fire_Medic wrote:
lafsnguy wrote:The infiniti is all titanium and so it's a couple of ounces lighter than the mystic. I have an infiniti. The only reason I went with the infiniti was I planned on shooting it on a couple of handguns so the lighter weight would help. I run my infiniti on my FA m11/9 as well as an 1894c with full house 357 mag and it is great. If all you are planning on running it only on a machine gun I would probably get the mystic but if you plan on putting it on something where the weight could be an issue look at getting the infiniti.
I have an Osprey 9 that paper work was just recently sent on. I was looking at the serviceable 9mm cans, particularly the mystic/infinity as I am in the process of putting together a 9MM SBR and would also like to put a 300BLK shorty upper on my 5.56 lower (sbr). And I do have plans in the future for a lever action like you mentioned.

Decisions, decisions.......
I currently have an Osprey9 that I use mainly on my handguns. But, I have tried it out on my 9mm SBR and it sounded great. That's said, I do have forms in for an Octane9 that will be for the 9mm SBR. The Octane9 just has everything I wanted in another 9mm can. Easy to disassemble & clean, caliber options (.22lr, 9mm, 300blk subs), and the backing of a great company.

So my vote goes to the Octane9 HD2.
Fire_Medic
Silent Operator

Post by Fire_Medic »

What's going on brother. Was just curious what direction you're gonna go with your 9MM SBR as far as the rail goes, and what mount for the suppressor?

Looking for ideas, not sure yet if I want my can inside the rail or not.
Last edited by Fire_Medic on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Gagtoe

Post by Gagtoe »

The mystic fits very close to maxed out in my Samson Evolution rail. It's a 1.5 inside IIRC, it's snug enough I can't use the rail mounts on the front end. My goal is lightweight SBR so there wasn't going to be anything on there. 5 inch barrel, 9 inch rail, the mystic sits about 3-4 inches outside the rail. I've rockset an adapter to the barrel so that I don't have to worry about where it unscrews from. I've found the Gemtech multimount to 1/2x28 in there. It's about .5 to .75 inches shorter than the standard Liberty threadmount.
Flipz
Silent But Deadly

Post by Flipz »

Fire_Medic wrote:What's going on brother. Was just curious what direction you're gonna go with your 9MM SBR as far as the rail goes, and what mount for the suppressor?

I'm going with the longer rail and sunken suppressor. Thinking of using a Seekins Precision SAR 9 inch rail. Then rocksetting a 3-lug adapter to my 5.5 inch barrel and using the 3-lug mount that I already have for the Octane9 HD.
Fire_Medic
Silent Operator

Post by Fire_Medic »

Flipz wrote:
Fire_Medic wrote:What's going on brother. Was just curious what direction you're gonna go with your 9MM SBR as far as the rail goes, and what mount for the suppressor?

I'm going with the longer rail and sunken suppressor. Thinking of using a Seekins Precision SAR 9 inch rail. Then rocksetting a 3-lug adapter to my 5.5 inch barrel and using the 3-lug mount that I already have for the Octane9 HD.
I have been eyeballing the Apex machine rail and the one from Rainier Arms which I believe is made by Samson......
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

Fire_Medic wrote:I have been eyeballing the Liberty Mystic, and a few guys have told me to look at the Infiniti and the Octane 2.......

Thanks
FM

IF you aren't in much of a rush I have both the Infiniti and Octane 9 on Form 4's that should be going out soon.....but that's only if you aren't in much of a rush. When I get a hold of my dealer I might be able to schedule a visit to them and try them out side by side. If so I'll keep you posted on the results. The hard part is getting out to the dealers place to visit......I wonder when I'll actually be able to shoot these things when I actually take posession of them. I might have gotten hooked before actually shooting any......guess i can always keep buying them and just looking at them. Might be time to move to the country so I can shoot off the back porch.
I've gotta stop this habit.
Fire_Medic
Silent Operator

Post by Fire_Medic »

OJB4 wrote:

Thanks
FM

IF you aren't in much of a rush I have both the Infiniti and Octane 9 on Form 4's that should be going out soon.....but that's only if you aren't in much of a rush. When I get a hold of my dealer I might be able to schedule a visit to them and try them out side by side. If so I'll keep you posted on the results. The hard part is getting out to the dealers place to visit......I wonder when I'll actually be able to shoot these things when I actually take posession of them. I might have gotten hooked before actually shooting any......guess i can always keep buying them and just looking at them. Might be time to move to the country so I can shoot off the back porch.

Any feedback is always great. Not in a hurry necessarily, but want to get the paperwork going whenever possible, because the longer I wait, the longer until my Form comes back. The decision on the rail and the can are all that's left for this build as far as ordering stuff, everything else has been ordered already, except for a few misc things that can be bought while I wait for my Forms to clear.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE