PCS

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

ERMaag

PCS

Post by ERMaag »

So i've searched the forum for a answer to this, and while I found some information about moving with NFA items I didn't find a answer I was looking for. Instead of hijacking a thread, i'll start this one.

So here is the whole story: I purchased my silencer in AK, then shortly after was PCS'd to Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico is not NFA friendly (hardly gun friendly) so I submitted a change of address form to the ATF to my parents house in Ohio and kept it in a safe that I only knew the combo for. I drove cross country and dropped the item off in Ohio. I have recently been PCS'd back to Alaska and had a direct trip and didn't have a chance to pick it up from Ohio. Now that I am here in a very friendly NFA state I would like my silencer back...

Now my question: How would you suggest I get my item back up here? I can't really afford to fly home just to pick it up, so can I just have my parents ship the lockbox with the silencer in it?
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: PCS

Post by Bendersquint »

ERMaag wrote:So i've searched the forum for a answer to this, and while I found some information about moving with NFA items I didn't find a answer I was looking for. Instead of hijacking a thread, i'll start this one.

So here is the whole story: I purchased my silencer in AK, then shortly after was PCS'd to Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico is not NFA friendly (hardly gun friendly) so I submitted a change of address form to the ATF to my parents house in Ohio and kept it in a safe that I only knew the combo for. I drove cross country and dropped the item off in Ohio. I have recently been PCS'd back to Alaska and had a direct trip and didn't have a chance to pick it up from Ohio. Now that I am here in a very friendly NFA state I would like my silencer back...

Now my question: How would you suggest I get my item back up here? I can't really afford to fly home just to pick it up, so can I just have my parents ship the lockbox with the silencer in it?
They would have to send you the lockbox containing the silencer inside its entirety and fill out the change of address papers for the ATF when you get it since technically at that point it will be moved.

Hope you packed the silencer well inside it.
Boltgun

Re: PCS

Post by Boltgun »

bloody heck, I thought some of Canada's rules were stupid....good to see idiocy is rampant across the continent. :roll:

Boltgun
1*