Check cashed in April, still waiting. Is this a record?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

zeeew
Silent Operator

Check cashed in April, still waiting. Is this a record?

Post by zeeew »

Hello all

So how long are people waiting now for thier cans? My check was cashed in April, I am still waiting. This seems to be normal here in Utah, person about a month in front of me I know was about same length by the time they picked up thier can, so I am not worried per se, but seems like a long time.
DrDremel
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Check cashed in April, still waiting. Is this a record?

Post by DrDremel »

I think I have the record. Sent in form 4 in 2005. Got back a denied form 4. Got approved Form 4 in 2012. Of course there was a whole lot of work to get the Attorney General to change the law. I think I may be one of only a handfull to have both a denied and approved form 4 for the same silencer.
Deja vu
Silent Operator

Post by Deja vu »

This upsets me a little. I was led to believe that I would have my suppressor by Christmas but I am seeing more and more posts like this on different forums.

Any way this wait for my first is killing me.
piglatinhater
Senior Silent Operator

Post by piglatinhater »

I would says it up to par. I'm in TN and I went pending around the same time. Everyone was saying it was a 6 mOnth wait usually within the same sentence as them stating they were sending in 3 more suppresses. After seeing the time trend go longer and longer I just budgeted 8 month which got confirmed when I called the agent doing my paperwork.
rat_dogratty
Silent But Deadly

Post by rat_dogratty »

You could get it any day. No need to worry yet. Had Two checks cashed first week of May. Got one back approved last week. No word on the other yet.
Broken11B
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Broken11B »

piglatinhater wrote: After seeing the time trend go longer and longer I just budgeted 8 month which got confirmed when I called the agent doing my paperwork.
I checked on a pending date last week and got the same old "expect it in 6 months" reply.

When you say "agent doing your paperwork" do you mean to say you actually spoke to your examiner or are you referring to the person who answers the 304 phone number?

I've been tracking my own Form 4s this calendar year, and the times are getting shorter and shorter, from check cashing times, pending times, and hopefully this next one I'm expecting in a few weeks will stick to the trend of shorter approval times, too.
57fairlane
Silent But Deadly

Post by 57fairlane »

rat_dogratty wrote:You could get it any day. No need to worry yet. Had Two checks cashed first week of May. Got one back approved last week. No word on the other yet.
x2.

I sent a form 1 stamp back in march.

Took 6 months, 1 week and 1 day from cashed.
zeeew
Silent Operator

Post by zeeew »

Stopped by dealer to check on can, since phone calls werent being returned, and paperwork was there!

Dealer says paperwork is getting a bit faster, like stated by Broken11B.
jeepjon
Silent Operator

Post by jeepjon »

Had my check cashed early june and have 2 of my 3 forms back.

The 3rd would be back had the CLEO area been fully filled out with a date...whoops.

-Jon