Best Can for a MP5?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

.300WinMag
Silent But Deadly

Best Can for a MP5?

Post by .300WinMag »

Looking for the best can for an MP5 - 3 lug is HIGHLY desired.

Based on what is out there - thoughts?

Based on what is due to come out at SHOT? Worth the wait?

TIA
Tango2249
Silent But Deadly

Re: Best Can for a MP5?

Post by Tango2249 »

I would consider the SWR Octane 9 HD. It has Stainless Steel Baffles and comes apart for cleaning. You can run a 3-Lug mount with that suppressor.
“The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” - Samuel Adams
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

Octane 9hd is your best choice.
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

66427vette wrote:Octane 9hd is your best choice.
I'd love to know how you came up with that absolute.

OP... IF you want a can that can also be used on your pistols and don't mind swapping out the locking piece on your MP5 for a 100 or 110 or 80 or whatever the suppressed one is, then I agree that the Octane9 is the best choice out there right now.

IF you want a can only for MP5s or three-lug guns (Uzi, or whatever), the best 3-lug can that I can suggest is the Gemtech MK9K. Won't work on pistols, but has a large enough volume and low enough back pressure to allow full-auto to not greatly increase in cyclic rate and not require a different locking piece swapped out of the BCG. Someone could easily make an updated MK-9K that would stomp all over Gemtech's version, but until someone does it's a pretty good deal. I have one for my MP5s and it's the s--t, sounds like a typewritter and there is zero blowback that I can sense and seemingly no increased wear.

Shared with pistols - SWR Octane9 HD
Solo for three lug use - Gemtech MK-9K

FWIW, don't wait for SHOT imo. The AAC stuff (TiRant 3-Lug adatper) from last year isn't even on shelves, and I don't expect anything big from anyone for 9mm as subguns are falling out of a favor compared to 300blk. I feel there is a place for both, esp on the civilian side where armor and ammo cost are considerations, but the MK-9K is an OLD can like 80's someone on Uzitalk said, and I don't expect a major revelation come January. Ha, maybe Gemtech could manage a 30th Year Anniversary Edition that finally gave it a stainless blast baffle!
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

este wrote: IF you want a can only for MP5s or three-lug guns (Uzi, or whatever), the best 3-lug can that I can suggest is the Gemtech MK9K. Won't work on pistols, but has a large enough volume and low enough back pressure to allow full-auto to not greatly increase in cyclic rate and not require a different locking piece swapped out of the BCG. Someone could easily make an updated MK-9K that would stomp all over Gemtech's version, but until someone does it's a pretty good deal. I have one for my MP5s and it's the s--t, sounds like a typewritter and there is zero blowback that I can sense and seemingly no increased wear.

but the MK-9K is an OLD can like 80's someone on Uzitalk said, and I don't expect a major revelation come January. Ha, maybe Gemtech could manage a 30th Year Anniversary Edition that finally gave it a stainless blast baffle!

Yeah it maybe an old design, but it works great for all the reason you stated above. I bought one a few years ago for my mini Uzi, with a nut mount, and it's the s--t for a high rate buzz gun.
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

I own just about every can under the sun and own 4 mp5's and shoot the s--t out of all of them. Would not even think if paying for any other can for that gun. That is how I came to my opinion. To many quality control issues with other company recently and it is not 1990 anymore.
Last edited by 66427vette on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jaredr
Silent But Deadly

Post by jaredr »

just purchased (ordered) an octane9 w/3lug adaptor for just that purpose.

66427vette - what locking piece are you using in yours (specifically are any MP5K's and if so what, locking piece do you use for suppressed/unsuppressed)?
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

Nothing has been changed on any of the 4 and run they like sewing machines with and without can. Two of them have10 k suppressed through each.Two are mp5 a3's and 2 mp5k pdw's.
Last edited by 66427vette on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

The Octane is one sweet can and cleans like no other. :P

Old design Gemtech? Really? :mrgreen:
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

Shut up Emilio. You have no idea what you're talking about. Oh hey, you forgot to jumble your words up as if you were speaking broken English. I love how you forget and your words come up just perfectly.

Vette, so you have an MK9K? Because its absolutely a clear difference using a pistol can on my mp5s compared to the high volume mk9k. There is just no replacement for volume. My opinion of course, your guns could run just perfectly with the octane. I could tell a difference when I used a trident and even when I tried my Osprey. Wish I would have known that before I got the adapter for it. With the MK9K the guns run smoother/slower and the can stays cool to the touch.
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

I have 1 yes. Nothing from them has impressed me in years. All my toys are free that said if I had to pay for can out of my pocket for a mp5 in 2012 it would be octane 9hd. The gemtech sounded better than my trident 9 on a mp5 but to my and several other peoples ears we all thought the octane sounded better. Only complaint I had about my octane is finish lasted about 2 hours think there was a prep issue .
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

este wrote:Shut up Emilio. You have no idea what you're talking about.

You going to shut me up with those girly hands? :mrgreen:
este wrote:The HK USP, HK45, all FNs, and the Glock 21s were all STUPID large (wide mostly) for my hands.
Tell me, do you take two hands to mount that 20oz MK? :lol:

Lighten up amigo, no need for being insulting. :D
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

este wrote:Shut up Emilio. You have no idea what you're talking about. Oh hey, you forgot to jumble your words up as if you were speaking broken English. I love how you forget and your words come up just perfectly.
Yeah he reminds me of that hack FPS Russia Dude with the fake Russian accent, but sometimes he forgets and laughs and speaks perfect English.
Ronzo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ronzo »

I love my MK9K , I run it on my 9mm registered AR15 SBR and my MP5 Reverse Stretch. Beta Mag dumps with FS MP5 FA no problem. FA Mod 635 M16 at subgun match,no worries. It is my favorite can hands down.
LMO LLc should have a three lug MK9K in stock.
The Gemtech MK9K is the only supressor I use nowadays
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

For a dedicated, 3-lug subgun can, the MK9K is great.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
RWBlue
Silent But Deadly

Post by RWBlue »

What if just running semi-auto on an MP5K-PDW clone?
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

RWBlue wrote:What if just running semi-auto on an MP5K-PDW clone?
I only run semi and still prefer my MK9K to pistol cans.
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

este wrote:
RWBlue wrote:What if just running semi-auto on an MP5K-PDW clone?
I only run semi and still prefer my MK9K to pistol cans.
Semi only? That's no fun. :D
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

Yea I know. But I'm just a normal human being. I run it on a SEF pack now and then that my dealer has but it's pretty rare. When I do, I like the mk9k even more :)