Super Sniper 5-20x50HD

Tactical gear.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Marcus85

Super Sniper 5-20x50HD

Post by Marcus85 »

Follow this link for info on how to obtain a good deal.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthr ... ost2530582
robpiat
Silent But Deadly

Re: Super Sniper 5-20x50HD

Post by robpiat »

Marcus85 wrote:Follow this link for info on how to obtain a good deal.

I am not following you. Its a fancy store-brand scope for nearly as much as a nightforce. And with nightforce you can pick the reticle, get SFP, and get MOA/MOA, and can have a local dealer/support if you choose.

I am a huge fan of the $300 SS 10x scopes. I have several of them. I think they are outpunting their coverage. These will likely be all over the post exchange "like new" just like the 10X HDs were after a few weeks of being out.
JohnnyC
Silent But Deadly

Post by JohnnyC »

robpiat wrote:
Marcus85 wrote:Follow this link for info on how to obtain a good deal.

I am not following you. Its a fancy store-brand scope for nearly as much as a nightforce. And with nightforce you can pick the reticle, get SFP, and get MOA/MOA, and can have a local dealer/support if you choose.

I am a huge fan of the $300 SS 10x scopes. I have several of them. I think they are outpunting their coverage. These will likely be all over the post exchange "like new" just like the 10X HDs were after a few weeks of being out.
Why would you not want FFP and mil/mil? I too would rather have a NF over this but the NF I would buy would be the F1. I like ranging and correcting at any magnification with matching turrets. The ranging math is simple and corrections are stupid easy with mils. I see no reason to go with MOA if mils are an option, and SFP on anything but a KD range is lame.
robpiat
Silent But Deadly

Post by robpiat »

MOA is easier to range with for anybody that grew up using inches. FFP is a fine theory but either means that the reticle is hard to see at low power or too thick at high power.

I run a NF 5.5-22 with a NP-R1 MOA reticle. You should look into it rather than simply drinking the koolaid. Certainly FFP scopes are a neat innovation, but having to range at 5.5x, 11x, or 22x is not that big of an inconvenience compared to the downsides of FFP.
Marcus85

Post by Marcus85 »

I posted this for people that may want some decent glass but don't have 2k+ to shell out. If you take some time and read up on this optic you will see that for this price point $1000 it's about as good as your going to get.

Robpiat,
If you look at any Optics for sale section you will see more NF for sale than any other brand. So does that make them s--t too?
JohnnyC
Silent But Deadly

Post by JohnnyC »

robpiat wrote:MOA is easier to range with for anybody that grew up using inches. FFP is a fine theory but either means that the reticle is hard to see at low power or too thick at high power.

I run a NF 5.5-22 with a NP-R1 MOA reticle. You should look into it rather than simply drinking the koolaid. Certainly FFP scopes are a neat innovation, but having to range at 5.5x, 11x, or 22x is not that big of an inconvenience compared to the downsides of FFP.
Can't say I agree with any of that. I grew up using inches and have no problem with mils. In fact, I'm faster with mils than I am with MOA, especially when it comes to corrections. I've also never had a problem ranging with the several FFP scopes I've had. I've looked at the NP-R1 reticle. If the subtensions were in a variation of mils it would be almost perfect. Say what you want about the koolaid, but I'm a better shooter on a FFP mil/mil system than I ever was trying to use fancy reticles and SFP scopes that I had to remember to dial in magnification values on top of everything else.

Whatever you preference is, this looks like it could be a good deal to those folks who want FFP and mil/mil who don't want to spring for the NF. I won't be buying one but I'm sure they'll sell really well.
goteron
Silent But Deadly

Post by goteron »

JohnnyC, I agree I will never own a magnified optic that isnt mil/mil FFP and probably not one without a Horus Reticle.

That does look like a decent scope for the money.
What if my greatest disappointments
Or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can’t satisfy
imyomama
Silent But Deadly

Post by imyomama »

I bought one.. for $999 it was a deal... it's freaking awesome so far! blows my 6.5-20x50 mk4 FFP ER/T away!!!!! and the leupy is 50% more $$$.

don' t be a hater until you try one!
-------------------------------------------------------
"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" --- Clint Eastwood --- The Outlaw Josey Wales
Paledaddy
Elite Member

Post by Paledaddy »

After readign this i saw the review for the SS 1-4 HD scope with circle reticle... s--t, i need one bad :| Looks like a perfect 3 gun/ipsc rifle scope !!

Pd
[b]Bas Rutten[/b] [quote]" I'm sorry Sir..... BANG ! BANG ! BANG !... No I'm not. "[/quote]