Combining EOTech with Chinese magnifier

Tactical gear.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Baffled
Silent But Deadly

Combining EOTech with Chinese magnifier

Post by Baffled »

Bad idea? I stupidly sold my old N-cell EOTech to a friend, and am in need on a new one. I have selected the EXPS2-0; this is the 123 battery version with side adjustment controls. Street price about $500.

I really, really want a magnifier, probably 3X. While I understand the need for a high-quality primary optic (hence the EOTech), I am tempted to try one of the cheap Asian magnifiers. It's got to be one of those flip to the side mounts, or similar.

My main question is the mounting for the magnifier. I know the EOTech brand magnifier + mount will be at a correct height. How do I know my 3rd-world flip-to-side magnifier will be at the correct height? Are those flip magnifier mounts adjustable?

And then there's this thing, the Mako Pop-up mount. Not super-cheap at $150. But the more I look at it, the more I like it.
This mount has 11 different locking positions making it extremely versatile.
I'm assuming that means the vertical height is completely adjustable, so that when it's in the "down" position, you can be sure it is in-line with your holo sight.

Tips and experiences with this topic in general (not just the mount) are appreciated

jt526
Silent But Deadly

Re: Combining EOTech with Chinese magnifier

Post by jt526 »

That thing just looks like a bad idea, your best bet is to find the mount you like (see larue http://www.laruetactical.com/qd-pivot-m ... -magnifier) and then a magnifier to fit in it.

If you were ready to buy at $160 for that contraption, I'd take a good look at the primary arms magnifier with the AD flip to side mount for $190 and just give them a call and ask if it plays well with that Eotech.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arm ... a3xler.htm

Stupid, stupid NFA items.
eric10mm
Silent But Deadly

Post by eric10mm »

I'm with JT. Buying cheap glass is one thing, but having it flop around in a cheap mount is an entirely unacceptable level of headache altogether.
Baffled
Silent But Deadly

Post by Baffled »

You guys are right on that pop-up thing. I dug into it more and the reviews were not good.

I've heard good things about Primary arms. I'll talk to them and find a setup that mates correctly with the little EOTech.

Most of the magnifiers are 30mm diameter. Can anyone recommend a particular brand that they like?