Then: P220 Now: 340PD

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

sre1

Then: P220 Now: 340PD

Post by sre1 »

After years of carrying a P220, I switched (at first, only in summer) to a S&W 340pd and couldn't be happier. I use it w/an Uncle Mike's L/H inside the waistband holster, but I wear it outside the waistband on my rightside. I sewed the bottom of the belt clip down so it won't slip off. I also sewed the holster so it fits the pistol like a glove. Won't slip out, even when inverted, but pulls out easily enough. I also sewed some slippery-ass nylon over the grippy original material, so my shirt glides right over. And I've shot enough .357 Hydra-Shoks to be super confident/comfortable w/the recoil. Slick little setup, for me anyway. Sooo lightweight and comfy.

Currently researching TB/Supressor options for the Sig, as well as a new compact/subcompact .45 for CCW.
ROFuher
Silent But Deadly

Post by ROFuher »

Love this gun in a front pocket holster or straight up the bak pocket of the Levis. So light in the heat of South Florida--never an excuse to leave home without one.
continuity-TROOPER, 2016
yellowfin
Silent But Deadly

Post by yellowfin »

The shorty Kimbers are very nice, like the Ultra Carry II.
"You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's insane!"-- Penn Jilette
http://www.NYShooters.net
M16MANIAC
Silent But Deadly

Post by M16MANIAC »

I carry my 340SC everwhere, you can't beat how light and comfy it is to carry.
I have mine in an Uncle Mike's sidekick size 36. I can even manage tucking my shirt in (as long as the shirt is not real long) with this settup.
All you can see is the clip for the holser just under my belt, just slightly.
In cooler weather I carry my walther P99 with a Milt Sparks inside the waist band holster.