SilencerTalk

Sound Suppressor Discussion
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:45 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:15 am 
Silent But Deadly

Where/how should it start? The NRA backed legislation in GA. There's lots of good things happening down here with the CCW laws. We have a gun friendly legislature and governor. I think this would be a good time to get something rolling if it hasn't already begun, but I'm grossly ignorant of the process.

Paul

BulletFlight for Android
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:19 am 
Silent But Deadly

I agree 100%. But I'm not sure how to get the process started. How do we get this ball rolling? Who do we need to invite out for a range trip to dispel the myths and rumors?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:31 am 
Silent But Deadly

I'm not a hunter anymore, but I'm certainly in support of this. I assume we need to get a sympathetic state legislator to sponsor a bill, similar to what was done with repeal of the SBR ban and "Free the Hops". I'll send an email to my Rep.
Maybe we can sell it as hearing protection for our four-legged hunting buddies.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:28 pm 
Silent But Deadly

The NRA has sponsored the bill in GA. I get an update, followed a link and sent an email. When I hear back I'll post. If anyone else has a lead, feel free. Once we find the right person at the NRA, we'll be in business. I think the time is right.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:25 pm 

I was thinking the same thing the other day. I am in to help, just let me know.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:53 pm 

I'm sure the " I don't want someone in the woods with a silencer " game wardens will be a bit of a tough sell. The retards that worked my area when I lived over there had that attitude.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:35 pm 
Silent But Deadly

Here in Maine our IWF ( inland Fish and Wildlife ) IE wardens from hell hate everybody in the woods. Watch north woods law sometime and listen to them they say quite often that EVERYONE in the woods is breaking the law they just have not been caught yet. They where in a uproar when the crossbow thing started and they swore many times that poaching with them woudl wipe out everything that did not happen. Noe they are highly opposed to suppressors for hunting as they would "enable poachers" even though all the states that do not prevent it have no issues. Nobody least wise not any measurable amount of folks woudl go through the process of buying a legal suppressor to try there hand at poaching. Wardens in Maine are some of the biggest asshats there are in the LE world. In Maine the wardens can ignore you're no trespassing signs and go on any of you're land they want to that is not curtilage! Unless you tell them directly to stay off. I myself thought that is what the signs where for!!

FYI no I have never got a ticket form one. I have had several run in's with them over shooting and NFA items though.

Clint Smith

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:13 pm 
Silent But Deadly

I'll do whatever I can in support of legalizing suppressor hunting in Bama. I go up to TN and hunt with mine but sure wish I could stay home and do it. I'll monitor this thread and stay tuned in.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:31 pm 

Count me in, im sending Sen Cam Ward an email..

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:48 pm 

In my limited circles, I am certain of 3 AL CEO's who would be all for it! I don't know of any who would be against it.

I would suggest contacting Sen. Sanford about amending the legislation. He currently seems to be the go-to guy for such things.

This is all my personal opinions and suggestions. Nothing I have stated should reflect in any way upon my employer!

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:07 pm 
Silent But Deadly

Seems that it's done.

http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=124081