SilencerTalk

Sound Suppressor Discussion
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:32 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:14 pm 
Senior Silent Operator

I'm dying to get into this hobby but wanting to shoot different types of suppressors firsts, I just haven't found any close silencer shoots or for that matter anyone nearby with some NFA toys to demo besides a dealer which is a bit overpriced compared to silencer shop. I'm located in northeast ohio west of Cleveland by 45 minutes.

Thanks!

BulletFlight for Android
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:16 pm 
Senior Silent Operator

hyrulejedi86 wrote:
I'm dying to get into this hobby but wanting to shoot different types of suppressors firsts, I just haven't found any close silencer shoots or for that matter anyone nearby with some NFA toys to demo besides a dealer which is a bit overpriced compared to silencer shop. I'm located in northeast ohio west of Cleveland by 45 minutes.

Thanks!

Bro,

Just show up at Thunder Valley on any given shoot plenty of people rocking cans there. Where are you in Ohio? Mount Vernon here.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:19 pm 
Senior Silent Operator

Hey! I am located in Grafton, which is next to Elyria and west of Cleveland. I'm about 30 minutes south of Lake Erie in Lorain County. I was just looking up Thunder valley, and it looks like they have a bunch of shoots most weekends open and otherwise. What are the open shoots? Do they charge to come and just watch? That's a good 2 hour drive which I wouldn't mind as long as I know that I'd get to see some good stuff. At this point I'm interested in hearing some 22lr pistol and rifle suppressors along with some 9mm and 223 suppressors. The range looks very very nice though, seems focused on long range shooting though.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:28 am 
Senior Silent Operator

hyrulejedi86 wrote:
Hey! I am located in Grafton, which is next to Elyria and west of Cleveland. I'm about 30 minutes south of Lake Erie in Lorain County. I was just looking up Thunder valley, and it looks like they have a bunch of shoots most weekends open and otherwise. What are the open shoots? Do they charge to come and just watch? That's a good 2 hour drive which I wouldn't mind as long as I know that I'd get to see some good stuff. At this point I'm interested in hearing some 22lr pistol and rifle suppressors along with some 9mm and 223 suppressors. The range looks very very nice though, seems focused on long range shooting though.

It is absolutely geared towards LR stuff. I don't know that I have ever seen anyone shoot a pistol there. The range owner is super cool and very active over at snipers-hide in the training subforum. If I was you I would give them a call they are a class 3 SOT dealer and maybe they will have a suppressor shoot and/or offer advice about what can to buy. IMO, and take this with a grain of salt becuas I am a bit of a fan boy, Silencer Co Osprey and Sparrow are awfully hard to beat and a decent price.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:02 pm 
Senior Silent Operator

I'll have to give him a call and find out if they have any shoots coming up. I will admit I'm already sold on the sparrow, it looks awesome and has excellent reviews. But I think I'm going to go with the SWR Octane 9HD and the Specwar 5.56 when the time comes. First up is the Sparrow though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:31 pm 
Senior Silent Operator

hyrulejedi86 wrote:
I'll have to give him a call and find out if they have any shoots coming up. I will admit I'm already sold on the sparrow, it looks awesome and has excellent reviews. But I think I'm going to go with the SWR Octane 9HD and the Specwar 5.56 when the time comes. First up is the Sparrow though.

IMO you cant lose with a SilencerCo/SWR Supressor.