My Latest Build, a new direction from my others.

Post general gun pictures and videos here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade

BobbyJohn

My Latest Build, a new direction from my others.

Post by BobbyJohn »

This is the last AR I just built on Christmas eve, it will probably end up being used most of the time by my wife, but thought is looked pretty good. I have replaced the scope rings so they just mount to the receiver and not on the rail.

It is an Anderson lower, with a Right to bear Arms upper
Standard Anderson Milspec trigger group
PSA Premium BCG
DPMS Buffer tube, buffer and stock
Ballistic Advantage 16" Stainless Mid Length Barrel, with a pre ban Stainless Muzzle Device
Ballistic Advantage 12" Keymod Rail/Hand Guard
Bushnell 3 - 9 Banner Optics with dusk and dawn enhance that I picked up in a trade last summer that was sitting on a Winchester 94 30-30.

I put a few round through it and it is shooting pretty good for a new gun at a 100 yards

Next build when the final parts arrive is going to be a Retro M16A1, just waiting on the buffer tube and FSB now from Brownell's

The only thing about this one, is it was my 30th build in the last 2 years and putting the trigger guard in, somehow, someway, I ended up breaking an ear off, but it has been repaired with some JB weld and a couple of allen head screws that I threaded into the trigger guard, so should hold up for a long time.
Not One More Inch!
BobbyJohn

Re: My Latest Build, a new direction from my others.

Post by BobbyJohn »

Here is a few more that I built this summer, Top is an A4, Middle is a Model 727 retro/clone and the bottom is a 7.5 pistol with, the pistol is accurate out to about 100 yards and if you are not wearing ear pro, it will ring your bell! I have properly installed the brace since this picture was taken. Also have dusted the table behind, it gets dusty living in the woods!

:lol:

Not One More Inch!
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

You may want to check the LOP on the pistol.

ATF frowns at anything 13.5" or longer, per their correspondence concerning pistol braces. They consider 13.5" getting up into "shoulder stock territory". reference: http://shockwavetechnologies.com/site/?p=3524

Sorry that you broke an ear on the lower.
I don't care what your chart says
BobbyJohn

Post by BobbyJohn »

John A. wrote:You may want to check the LOP on the pistol.

ATF frowns at anything 13.5" or longer, per their correspondence concerning pistol braces. They consider 13.5" getting up into "shoulder stock territory". reference: http://shockwavetechnologies.com/site/?p=3524

Sorry that you broke an ear on the lower.
Actually the pistol is fine, it has s pistol buffer tube on it and the overall is under 26in, I build a lot of them, I am a FFL 7/SOT manufacture. When I took that picture, the brace was just sitting butted up at the end of the buffer tube, it is full installed now. Fully installed, only leaves about 1.5 inches of the black pistol buffer tube showing in front of the brace and it is under 13.5" LOP.
Not One More Inch!
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

I had FFL's for about a decade too. Not that it matters though.

A pistol doesn't have to be under 26". There is no maximum or minimum length it's allowed to be. But from the photo, the LOP was longer than ATF likes and according to them, up into shoulder stock territory. That's why I mentioned it.

Glad all is well now. Not that it matters to me either way. I just mentioned it for your benefit. Not mine.
I don't care what your chart says
BobbyJohn

Post by BobbyJohn »

John A. wrote:I had FFL's for about a decade too. Not that it matters though.

A pistol doesn't have to be under 26". There is no maximum or minimum length it's allowed to be. But from the photo, the LOP was longer than ATF likes and according to them, up into shoulder stock territory. That's why I mentioned it.

Glad all is well now. Not that it matters to me either way. I just mentioned it for your benefit. Not mine.
Well the 26" measurement comes into play when discussing the issue of the Forward Vertical Grip, also there has been a couple of determination letters in the last year concerning braces that the BATF has stated they will not violate if the brace in inadvertently gets shouldered as long as you have not ventured into the "Gray" area over 13.5" which with the new determination letters out this year, will be again asked about by someone.

Like I said, being an FFL, I actually build more guns for friends and family members than I ever thought I would, none of the stores in the area carry any AR pistols and most of them won't even order them for you, so I end up getting a call every once in a while from people I know to build one for them.

Thanks for mentioning it though.

:wink:
Not One More Inch!
BobbyJohn

Post by BobbyJohn »

Well I have to say, John, you did make me wander so I pulled the pistol out and measured! :roll:

LOP on it is 12.5 inches and overall on it is 25.5, I had never measured it after I finally installed the brace and your thoughts today had me second guessing.

:mrgreen:
Not One More Inch!
fishman
Silent But Deadly

Post by fishman »

BobbyJohn wrote:Well I have to say, John, you did make me wander so I pulled the pistol out and measured! :roll:

LOP on it is 12.5 inches and overall on it is 25.5, I had never measured it after I finally installed the brace and your thoughts today had me second guessing.

Never has your signature line been more relevant!
300 blackout form 1: http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=137293

5.56 form 1:
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141800&p=955647#p955647
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

Act of domestic terrorism narrowly avoided.

Thanks Trump!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
revenir

Post by revenir »

Unfortunately I can not see the picture