welrod pictures ,,yes showing the guts

Post general gun pictures and videos here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade

wolf
Silent But Deadly

welrod pictures ,,yes showing the guts

Post by wolf »

welrod pictures ,,yes showing the guts (they are from two different museums )
Cute :wink:

For transport /hiding
OH NO i couldn't resist ,,i just had to take her home
Well sins i took her home i thought i might as well cut her up :twisted: to see the guts ,,JK :wink: (ps i dont know what the little part sticking out the barrel is ,but it for sure isnt supposed to be there when you fire the thing :roll:
Notice all the holes is drilled in the groves of the riffling
Close up
mactool

Post by mactool »

Arent pictures taken at the The Royal Danish Arsenal Museum?
wolf
Silent But Deadly

Post by wolf »

Only half of them
The ones behind glass is ,the ones of the cut open
,they are from "tøjhusmuseet "
the first ones is from another museum
At that you can get a bit closer :wink: as you can see sins i am holding it
I did put them together as a joke ,i of course wasnt allowed to take it home and cut it up
JohnnyC
Silent But Deadly

Post by JohnnyC »

Every time I see one I want one and nobody will manufacture one with a modern baffle stack, or even a repro that needs wipes. I just want a working one!!!!
APD SWAT
Senior Silent Operator

Post by APD SWAT »

That thing just looks like a piece of junk. Thats what makes it so cool though.
wolf
Silent But Deadly

Post by wolf »

Here is lots of info on the gun
http://www.timelapse.dk/welrod.php
DorikinGTSt
Silent But Deadly

Post by DorikinGTSt »

DorikinGTSt
Silent But Deadly

Post by DorikinGTSt »

if you had the tools, 1.5" bar stock, and a few joints, i'm sure you could whip something up.

the epitome of a zip gun with a silencer.

[edit] a Liberator would be a better one though
Nevadablue

Post by Nevadablue »

It is actually quite a neat little package for it's intended purpose. Other than the fact that it is bigger than the Liberator, it is in all ways superior. It is a bolt action, with several rounds available by actuating the bolt. The liberator is a single shot and not silenced. I've read somewhere about 70 db or so sound from this critter.
I am studying the bolt action parts for possible use in other weapons. If anyone has access to one of these and could get more detailed pictures of the bolt and receiver parts it would be appreciated.
sniper

Post by sniper »

Sorry for the necro. Got some exploded images off of google a while back. Think they're from solidworks. They're fairly large images, no dimensions unfortunately.

Mongo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mongo »

sniper wrote:Sorry for the necro. Got some exploded images off of google a while back. Think they're from solidworks. They're fairly large images, no dimensions unfortunately.

those are my SW models of the Welrod and I have posted them here and on my website as well as the gunsmith forum. If you do a search here you should be able to find them.
Firearms Engineer for hire on piece work basis.
No job is too expensive :)
http://weaponblueprints.com/
JohnnyC
Silent But Deadly

Post by JohnnyC »

Someone PLEASE build one of these with a modern stack! I'm not kidding, I'd give my left testicle for one.
tomz34
Elite Member

Post by tomz34 »

JohnnyC wrote:Someone PLEASE build one of these with a modern stack! I'm not kidding, I'd give my left testicle for one.
A 21st century version of one of these would be sweet indeed.
Knowledge is Power... Sharing Knowledge is Freedom.
noiseless
Silent But Deadly

Post by noiseless »

I've said that often
[b]Sharp Knives and Quiet Guns[/b]

Inside Sales - Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9988 (phone)
770-925-9989 (fax)
[email protected]
www.aacblog.com
www.advanced-armament.com
Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Post by Diomed »

JohnnyC wrote:Someone PLEASE build one of these with a modern stack! I'm not kidding, I'd give my left testicle for one.
In .32 or in a more substantial caliber?

I'd be down for one in .380 or 9mm. Probably two, so I could SBR one.
JohnnyC
Silent But Deadly

Post by JohnnyC »

Diomed wrote:
In .32 or in a more substantial caliber?

I'd be down for one in .380 or 9mm. Probably two, so I could SBR one.
Oh 9mm for sure. Cheap, easy to get (relatively speaking since I haven't seen a box of .380 since Christ was a Corporal), still very quiet. Hell, I could Form 1 a decent baffle stack, I would just have no clue where to start on the firearm part of it. I'd be willing to buy the barreled action and make the can part of it myself if need be.
tmix
Silent But Deadly

Post by tmix »

I'd buy a Mk. I with a modern baffle stack in a heartbeat. If it could be done for under $1000, even better.
[size=150]Machine gun snob by proxy. [/size]
[img]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x190/tmixon762/Colt_Automatic_Rifle_01.jpg[/img]
bqnestle

Post by bqnestle »

I so want to build one for myself too...

what's the lever behing the grip/magazine where the web of your hand sits? Grip safety?
jlwilliams
Silent But Deadly

Post by jlwilliams »

The bolt action is the hard part. Baffle stacks are not so dificult these days, but a viable bolt action for a pistol length cartridge is not so easy to come by. I think that a bolt action upper for the 1911 (like the MecTec upper, but bolt action) would be a winner. You could sell a number of them to guys who want a bolt action 'survival rifle' and a whole poop load to guys who want silencer hosts, both pistol and rifle length.
bqnestle

Post by bqnestle »

The bolt on idea would be cool but for a complete turn key gun, would you want the magazine as the grip like the original or a complete frame like a normal autoloader?
jlwilliams
Silent But Deadly

Post by jlwilliams »

I think that the original Welrod's mag through the grip would be best for a pistol. It's just more compact. That's what lead me to the idea of a bolt on. 1911 frames are good, they make magazines in all your favorite calibers, and the frame is the gun. The upper is an accessory.

That said, I'd jump on a Welrod repro.
bqnestle

Post by bqnestle »

My idea is this
1911 style frame so grips can be used. Probably make it out of aluminum in a clamshell style so I don't have to broach the mag slot, just bolt it together.
9mm since I have a huge chunk of Shilen 9mm/.355" barrel blank.
Non ported barrel.
Rotary knob like the original Welrod.
No grip safety
Glock style trigger safety.
K baffles.
1 3/8" diameter steel tube.
Good sights, maybe drilled and tapped for a scope mount.

Not a repro of a Welrod, more of a design "inspired" by the original.

just an idea
Brad
Ben B.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ben B. »

Thinking aloud....How about an upper that attaches to a standard pistol, like sliding on 1911 rails? I assume the engineering would be difficult....

I dunno. A turnbolt, super-quiet integral 9mm, with sights, that slides on your 1911 (or Glock) like a conversion unit. If it worked, it would be cool.
The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground.
Thomas Jefferson

USPSA FY60903...B-class SS, B-class L10, B-class Prod.
IDPA A30195...Expert CDP, Master SSP
Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Post by Diomed »

Ben B. wrote: A turnbolt, super-quiet integral 9mm, with sights, that slides on your 1911 (or Glock) like a conversion unit. If it worked, it would be cool.
Oh hell yes.

My ten seconds of deep thought say this is totally feasible! LET'S ROLL PEOPLE!
bqnestle

Post by bqnestle »

The biggest problem I see with a bolt on upper is the location of the barrel bore in relation to the next round in the magazine. Picture this...on a 1911, the barrel sits in the frame right on top of the frame, slightly above the magazine. On the welrod, the tube diameter raises the barrel in that relation. To overcome that, the designers make the magazine go further up into the "frame". On a 1911, you would have problems getting the round up into the barrel since it is higher and now the barrel won't cam down like JMB designed it. Hogue makes the Avenger now with a non tiltiing barrel but it's not higher above the frame.

Any of that make sense?

Building a new frame, something along the lines of an Officers ACP frame but using Government size mags to extend upward into the upper more might work. That or go back to the original "mag as the grip" idea, something I'm not a fan of.

What say you?
Brad