Think I might be buying a Smart Car

Post general gun pictures and videos here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade

hemi
Silent But Deadly

Think I might be buying a Smart Car

Post by hemi »

Paledaddy
Elite Member

Post by Paledaddy »

Haha, i like no 2, it lookt dangerous with that short wheelbase and the hight of it all :D
Hayabusa smart though.... thats smart :)

PD
[b]Bas Rutten[/b] [quote]" I'm sorry Sir..... BANG ! BANG ! BANG !... No I'm not. "[/quote]
pdemos
Elite Member

Post by pdemos »

Think it will help ? :P
Kevin/AAC
Elite Industry Professional

Post by Kevin/AAC »

I have one. It is the Brabus edition. I like it.

http://www.brabus.com/
"Fully welded core!"
www.aacblog.com
www.advanced-armament.com
Stu
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stu »

Too bad the only thing that monster SMART is good for is mud bogging. I think my Infiniti G20t is capable of more articulation than that thing.
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

Damn...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5S1NAMn ... re=related

Power to weight really matters :)

That and being able do actually drive a Ferrari properly.
cmdecker
Elite Member

Post by cmdecker »

My father-in-law is on his second Smart car (one before they started importing them that he got off ebay and one he ordered from Smart USA) and he loves it. It gets great gas mileage and is surprisingly roomy on the inside.
FFL/SOT

AAC, KAC, and SWR Dealer
Stu
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stu »

What is so great about 40 mpg?
ctdonath
Silent But Deadly

Post by ctdonath »

Pity Smart stopped making the Roadster - now THAT was sweet, in an iPod kinda way.
I have one.
Seen yours. The all-black is very slick.
Blaubart
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blaubart »

Yeah, the Smart Roadster had some potential. I saw a few in person while I was in Germany, but never got to ride in one. I really wanted to see if at 6'3", I'd even be able to fit.

"And by the way, if you're gonna take up a hobby of letter writing, you might want to learn how to spell "writing" you stupid F--k." - Nighthawk re kwikrnu
Kevin/AAC
Elite Industry Professional

Post by Kevin/AAC »

Mine fits people up to 6'6".
"Fully welded core!"
www.aacblog.com
www.advanced-armament.com
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

I would rather have a Mini Cooper.
hemi
Silent But Deadly

Post by hemi »

rsilvers wrote:I would rather have a Mini Cooper.
That's gay, no self respecting man should drive a mini.
Stu
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stu »

Mini Coopers are pretty cool, but you can get a LOT more car for the money. That's why I want a Mazda Miata. Then I'd spend some money here: www.flyinmiata.com and be all set!
Cortland
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Cortland »

If I'm gonna die in a tiny little death-box on the freeway, I want to do it in style.

My dad has recently decided that I need a car to restore, so he's giving me a rolling body, rebuilt 1275 A-series engine and rebuilt transmission for a 1960 Austin-Healey MkI Sprite (the "Bugeye"). I can think of no better way to die on the road. It would be truly spectacular. So keep your Smart Car.

My folks have a 1967 MGB that I drive when I visit, and while a crash in it is probably guaranteed death as well, it was technically one of the first cars to incorporate crumple zones into the body. Crumple zones? That's what your legs and pelvis are for, am I right? That's why I'm looking forward to the Sprite.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Miata is a convertible. That has its own set of issues.

As for men and Mini Coppers, I have heard many people say a man should not drive a minivan but my Odyssey is the best car I have ever owned and I have bought new BMWs and Mercedes.
hemi
Silent But Deadly

Post by hemi »

rsilvers wrote:Miata is a convertible. That has its own set of issues.

As for men and Mini Coppers, I have heard many people say a man should not drive a minivan but my Odyssey is the best car I have ever owned and I have bought new BMWs and Mercedes.
I don't have issues with mini-vans as they serve a purpose, to move a family comfortably and with many luxury items available. Mini Coopers are designed for Paris Hilton and her dumb bitch friends. Now, figure a way to slap in a 300Z engine into it and that might make it a little more interesting.
mcmillanman5
Silent But Deadly

Post by mcmillanman5 »

I have driven a mini, it was a ton of fun, kind of like driving a big go-cart. It actually felt like it had pretty solid performance, the cornering and steering were good and its such a small car that it was easy to drive. The first time I saw one I thought it was dumb, after driving it I couldn't quit smiling.
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

I still can't get over this board and it's love for the Honda minivans............that was a funny thread.

I agree, it's a VERY nice minivan, but i prefer my Lincoln Towncar...........it's like driving a leather lazyboy recliner.
NFAtalk.org
Stu
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stu »

I disagree if you are talking about structural rigidity. If you were talking about nearly every other convertable (camaro, mustang, seabring, etc) then I would agree. But since cars like the Miata, S2000, and other cars were built as a convertible first then they don't have the extra weight and chasis flex issues that you'd find in cars like convertible PT Cruisers and convertible Saabs.

That's the main reason why I don't like convertibles. I also don't like how the top fades and turns shitty right away. That is why you can get a hard top though. Also, there are plenty of roll bars for the Miata to choose from.

Or did you have another reason in mind? I'm sure are plenty. Road noise, climate control, etc.
cqbdoc10
Silent But Deadly

Re: Think I might be buying a Smart Car

Post by cqbdoc10 »

Man card.

Yours has been revoked.

Permanently.
1) People often ask the U.S. what our secret defense is against terorists. We simply reply....Chuck Norris.

2) Jack Bauer does not let women on top during sex. Why? Jack Bauer never fucks up....
lilfuzzybuny
Silent But Deadly

Post by lilfuzzybuny »

power to weight ratio is key when it comes to dusting off. small cars like the miata , mini and that there tiny thing smart car. they are the start of a race car all they need is power and that is why they are so cheap (for the most part) a miata with a ls1 v8 will dust the average Zo6

edit: almost forgot balance without balance you loose control and suprisingly the miata keeps it after gettin 4 extra cylinders
smooth is learned, fast is practiced, precision is earned.
Mongo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mongo »

Cortland wrote:If I'm gonna die in a tiny little death-box on the freeway, I want to do it in style.

My dad has recently decided that I need a car to restore, so he's giving me a rolling body, rebuilt 1275 A-series engine and rebuilt transmission for a 1960 Austin-Healey MkI Sprite (the "Bugeye"). I can think of no better way to die on the road. It would be truly spectacular. So keep your Smart Car.

My folks have a 1967 MGB that I drive when I visit, and while a crash in it is probably guaranteed death as well, it was technically one of the first cars to incorporate crumple zones into the body. Crumple zones? That's what your legs and pelvis are for, am I right? That's why I'm looking forward to the Sprite.
I love the Bugeyes, cool little cars. They are really neat when used in SCCA racing.
Firearms Engineer for hire on piece work basis.
No job is too expensive :)
http://weaponblueprints.com/
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

Cortland wrote:If I'm gonna die in a tiny little death-box on the freeway, I want to do it in style.

hemi
Silent But Deadly

Re: Think I might be buying a Smart Car

Post by hemi »

cqbdoc10 wrote:
Man card.

Yours has been revoked.

Permanently.
:lol:

Does that mean I can stay @ home and play with my cookie?