Stupid Trucker....

Post general gun pictures and videos here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade

cqbdoc10
Silent But Deadly

Stupid Trucker....

Post by cqbdoc10 »

1) People often ask the U.S. what our secret defense is against terorists. We simply reply....Chuck Norris.

2) Jack Bauer does not let women on top during sex. Why? Jack Bauer never fucks up....
lilfuzzybuny
Silent But Deadly

Post by lilfuzzybuny »

not stupid just a choice made too late
smooth is learned, fast is practiced, precision is earned.
mpallett
Elite Industry Professional

Post by mpallett »

I honestly don't think 20 seconds is enough time from start of gates dropping to train coming buy.

Even if he sped up, I don't think he would have made it.
Over weight Telco guy with a FFL/07 for hire :)
Poacher
Elite Industry Professional

Post by Poacher »

He would have instantly had to realize what was happening to have time to get out of that situation.

My first thought was that the train seemed to be going fast for an area with traffic crossing.
"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."-- Vince Lombardi

Director of Training & Special Initiatives
Nighthawk Custom
[email protected]
877-268-4867
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sigproshooter »

Poacher wrote:He would have instantly had to realize what was happening to have time to get out of that situation.

My first thought was that the train seemed to be going fast for an area with traffic crossing.

I though it looked like that train was hauling ass for a crossing in a populated/industrial area.

But, every time the engineer hits the horn a camera starts recording what he sees in front of his train. It also records location and speed on the computer. So if the engineer was speeding, he's toast.

If the truck had just stayed where he was, the barrier would have gone back up after the train passed and all would have been well. It looked like he freaked out to me and just took off.

I have seen quite a few train/semi collisions where I work. They are always the drivers fault so far.
Last edited by Sigproshooter on Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu
Blaubart
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blaubart »

Sigproshooter wrote:So if the conductor was speeding, he's toast.
It could very well be that he's already toast.
"And by the way, if you're gonna take up a hobby of letter writing, you might want to learn how to spell "writing" you stupid F--k." - Nighthawk re kwikrnu
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sigproshooter »

Blaubart wrote:
Sigproshooter wrote:So if the conductor was speeding, he's toast.
It could very well be that he's already toast.

That should have read engineer NOT conductor, I just woke up when I typed that.

It sure seemed that the speed was 50 mph + as he went by and it didn't look to be a rural crossing, so I can not believe he was NOT speeding, but it is kinda hard to tell.

I doubt he got anything over a scratch or fast heartbeat in that collision. The flatbed was empty. You would be surprised what the engines can take before the engineer gets hurt.

Now the truck driver, he probably got sent to the hospital. His world got rocked pretty good.
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu