Airsoft training

Post general gun pictures and videos here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade

silencertalk
Site Admin

Airsoft training

Post by silencertalk »

http://www.vimeo.com/4516743

Airsoft Glock -- uses 'green gas' but I use propane. Shot through one side of the can.
jdj
Elite Member

Post by jdj »

the metal slide versions are great... weight nearly identical to the real thing. I wouldn't say they have recoil, but the movement of the heavy slide is at least enough to disrupt sight picture. I borrowed one for the day years ago it was an 18c model and very fun to play with.
mk23
Silent But Deadly

Post by mk23 »

I love my 18 with metal slide. Take it to classes all the time, use it in semi auto.

If you are using propane (which I am too), make sure you put a little spay of silicone on the propane bottle adapter.

I clocked mine at 1150 rpm in short bursts. :D
thunderhole
Silent But Deadly

Post by thunderhole »

Will they fit into an m17 holster?

Mr Silvers, your dog is beautiful!
"A long time ago being crazy meant something. Now everybody's crazy."-Charles Manson
mk23
Silent But Deadly

Post by mk23 »

They should. Outside dimension look identical.

I know mine fits.
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

Noramlly I'd say this is gayer than AIDS.

But.........

Link to toy weapon.
NFAtalk.org
apochachuva
Silent But Deadly

Re: Airsoft training

Post by apochachuva »

rsilvers wrote:http://www.vimeo.com/4516743

Airsoft Glock -- uses 'green gas' but I use propane. Shot through one side of the can.
Green gas is propane repackaged sold for a high profit.
"You'll put yer eye out with that thing"

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." - Dr. Suzanna Gratia Hupp
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

thunderhole wrote:Will they fit into an m17 holster?

Mr Silvers, your dog is beautiful!
Thanks.

Yes, it is identical to a Glock. Good for quick-draw training and learning to point shoot.
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

where'd you buy it?
NFAtalk.org
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

I got it at Airsoft Atlanta. I am not sure what brand it is though. You probably have to read online reviews to decide which one to get. Just note it is "green gas."

Get a propane adapter to save money.
apochachuva
Silent But Deadly

Post by apochachuva »

rsilvers wrote:I got it at Airsoft Atlanta. I am not sure what brand it is though. You probably have to read online reviews to decide which one to get. Just note it is "green gas."

Get a propane adapter to save money.
If you're going to get one, the propane adapter is a must.
KWC sucks KSC and KWA are supposed to be pretty good, KJW is decent. Don't get Maurzen, Marushin, Wei-Tech or Western Arms.
you can also order them from poweredgeusa.com

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." - Dr. Suzanna Gratia Hupp
razardica

Post by razardica »

apochachuva wrote:

It's propane as well as silicone, to lubricate the seals of the pistol and the magazine.

It's important, if you are using the propane adapter, to makes sure fill the reservoir it has with a bit of lightweight shock oil to keep everything in working order.

If you don't, you'll find your magazines start to leak in fairly short order.
apochachuva
Silent But Deadly

Post by apochachuva »

razardica wrote:
apochachuva wrote:

It's propane as well as silicone, to lubricate the seals of the pistol and the magazine.

It's important, if you are using the propane adapter, to makes sure fill the reservoir it has with a bit of lightweight shock oil to keep everything in working order.

If you don't, you'll find your magazines start to leak in fairly short order.
All the green gas I got my hands on was crappy and had little to no lubrication properties, but I sold all my airsoft stuff awhile ago so I haven't used any in awhile.

silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g45Ol_bx ... re=related

I highly recommend buying Airsoft from there:

www.airsoftextreme.com

They have always been great to me.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

I'd recommend to anyone just wanting one "gas blow back" (slide moves) pistol to get a KWA (not KWC) Glock 19, a propane adapter, and .20 or .25 weight bbs. The slide is metal, there are no trademark infringement issues with this brand (unlike literally every other airsoft brand except Western Arms), so you'll have a legal gun in this country. Every other gas gun has issues except this one (KSC version is also problem free). Small issues for a lot of them, but issues. I got a KSC Glock 19 with metaled up everything back in 2001, it still works, and nothing has ever broken except the magazine.

For non blow back, Tokyo Marui MK-23. Shoots harder and more accurate than any blow back.

KJW is balls. KWC is balls. Wei-Tech is balls. These three companies make unreliable guns that will break very quickly. Don't waste a dollar.

Tanaka, Maruzen, and Marushin make oddball stuff that often isn't the best for skirmishing, but often is the coolest stuff. For collectors. The Tanaka revolvers are often too powerful for use in tournaments.

KWA and KSC are the same company, they make great gas pistols. Tokyo Marui also makes good pistols, but they aren't as cheap to go "full metal" (pot metal, aluminum, etc).

Western Arms makes collector style guns. They are what I'd say are the AAC of airsoft companies. They think of everything in their designs. They have stuff on their guns that nobody else even thinks to do. Unlike AAC though, they often have guns that are fancy, really perfect in detail, but shoot plain average. They have the only gas guns you can fire sideways or upside down, which happens sometimes when you have a gun you need to get within 50 feet of somebody with. Most other guns just dump their load of gas in a few shots if they aren't upright.

I've gotten most of my kills in gaysoft around corners spraying. Ambushes win. I like having my team retreat, but staying behind for a suicide spray. Because wtf, it's little bbs. Also I use a KSC Mac-11 or a KWC Mini Uzi all the time.

The funny thing is that the Glock 19 is the absolute best design of pistol for airsoft use that I've seen. The smaller the slide, the easier it is to move, so little guns take well to it. I have a hard time getting on the sights though, I'm not good with that angle.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

My box says KWA G17.
rob_s
Silent But Deadly

Post by rob_s »

All the KWA Glocks are sold out at that store. :?
WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET
Ramius
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ramius »

If you have tighter kydex holsters airsoft versions may not fit. e.g. My G18 will not fit my regular Sidearmor holster, but it will fit in my blade-tech holster.

Put a set of real trijicon sights on them and they are great for force-on-force training.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Airsplat says this:
Differences between KSC and KWA:
The only difference is the box, both KSC and KWA are in fact the same, they are made in the same factory in Taiwan to exactly the same specifications. This is contrary to what some people believe in that KSC guns are made in Japan. However it is confusing as KSC have made it so that only KSC and not KWA guns are exported to Japan. Whereas KWA can be exported to every other country, in general a KSC gun is more expensive partly due to the cost of first shipping the gun to Japan. Some other differences are a more robust design in the KWA's, which incorporate metal slide and barrels.
Did anyone notice this contradiction?
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

gunn24
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunn24 »

Rsilvers, have you had a chance to train with this setup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txeGZoBW7vY
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

KSC = more plastic parts, trademarks intact, no orange

KWA = the metal parts without trademarks, orange, worse QC

Pretty much everybody that ever got a KSC into the USA broke the law. And they didn't get a better gun, unless you look at it from the eye of a collector. A collector of fake plastic guns.
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

gunn24 wrote:Rsilvers, have you had a chance to train with this setup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txeGZoBW7vY
The 23f model comes with a stupid mount that attaches to the rail on the dustcover of the glock. It gives you two side rails, and allows a magazine to be slide into the bottom of it as a forward grip.
the1mavin
Silent But Deadly

Post by the1mavin »

Damn! these are some serious toys. I am especially impressed with some of the grenade rounds they have. It would be interesting to see 180+ bb's fly...

Those of you that have shot the pistols - would you consider them a realistic training aid? i.e. -- size and weight seem to be accurate; what about trigger pull?