SilencerTalk

Sound Suppressor Discussion
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Mini Uzi with SWR QD3k (pic and vid)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:15 pm 
Offline
Senior Silent Operator
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 6:12 pm
Posts: 101
Location: Easley, SC
Here's my IMI Mini Uzi with an SWR Qd3k.

Upgrades include:

"Amphibian" Doctor topcover with a 7 MOA doctor sight.
Barrel Xchange tungsten weighted heavy bolt.
Factory barrel threaded 1/2x28 and a Tros 3-lug adapter added.

This is definitely one of my favorites. The heavy bolt seems to have eliminated much of the ejection port noise that was common with the stock bolt. The Mini now suppresses as well as a full size Uzi.


Image


"right click and save as"
IMI Mini with SWR QD3K

_________________
http://www.title2.com
http://www.swrmfg.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:57 pm 
Offline
Silent But Deadly
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:12 pm
Posts: 245
Location: AL
Very slick!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:26 pm 
Offline
Elite Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:17 pm
Posts: 1476
Location: Stockholm/Sweden
Damn i would want one , really nice toy you got :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:59 pm 
Offline
Silent But Deadly
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:22 am
Posts: 2307
Location: Georgia
Cool little video :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:24 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:56 pm
Posts: 32
Nicccceee!! 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:00 pm 
Offline
Silent But Deadly
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 29, 2005 5:54 pm
Posts: 583
Location: Central Ohio
How does it compare to the Mk9K?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:58 pm 
Offline
Senior Silent Operator
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 6:12 pm
Posts: 101
Location: Easley, SC
JEJ wrote:
How does it compare to the Mk9K?


Don't know. I've been told the Mk-9k has a very low tone but I have not had the chance to try one.
Maybe Robert will be able to test the MK-9k soon?

_________________
http://www.title2.com
http://www.swrmfg.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:17 pm 
Offline
Silent But Deadly
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 29, 2005 5:54 pm
Posts: 583
Location: Central Ohio
It would be nice.

I currently have a Mk9K in transfer to my dealer. I have also heard Amphibian's mini with his Mk9K... it does have a very nice low mellow tone to it. I much perfer the Mk9K's tone to say the Mossad's high pich tone.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:38 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:31 am
Posts: 33619
Location: USA
I have the AAC UZI can and it kicks ass.

It would be fun to shoot it next to an MK9k. I am not sure of the difference. I don't have a 3-lug UZI barrel. It would be smart for me to have one but now that I have the AAC can and it works so well I won't be getting one.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:42 pm 
Offline
Silent But Deadly
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 29, 2005 5:54 pm
Posts: 583
Location: Central Ohio
so test it on your MP-5.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:52 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:31 am
Posts: 33619
Location: USA
I don't have an MK9K.

I have a QD3K for my MP5 and a Striker-2 for my PDW.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:51 am 
Offline
Silent Operator
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 12:06 am
Posts: 79
Location: AR
rsilvers wrote:
I have the AAC UZI can and it kicks ass.

It would be fun to shoot it next to an MK9k. I am not sure of the difference. I don't have a 3-lug UZI barrel. It would be smart for me to have one but now that I have the AAC can and it works so well I won't be getting one.


:roll: The AAC product is always better, right?

Shakes head.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:39 am 
Offline
Elite Industry Professional
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:47 pm
Posts: 3248
Location: Atlanta
Why be an ass because he likes our silencer?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:15 am 
Offline
Silent Operator
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 12:06 am
Posts: 79
Location: AR
Kevin/AAC wrote:
Why be an ass because he likes our silencer?


Your best friend uses this board to promote AAC suppressors. Thats what its here for, right? The original post was to compliment the SWR suppressor, which Henry sells. As soon as someone brings up a Gemtech, the AAC is mentioned and promoted by your good buddy and board owner. So long as I am allowed to post on this board, I will call a spade a spade.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:58 am 
Offline
Elite Industry Professional
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:47 pm
Posts: 3248
Location: Atlanta
US1928A1 wrote:
Kevin/AAC wrote:
Why be an ass because he likes our silencer?


Your best friend uses this board to promote AAC suppressors. Thats what its here for, right? The original post was to compliment the SWR suppressor, which Henry sells. As soon as someone brings up a Gemtech, the AAC is mentioned and promoted by your good buddy and board owner. So long as I am allowed to post on this board, I will call a spade a spade.


If you want to be accusatory, and obviously you think you are really smart, why be anonymous? Your comments are meaningless if you can't post your name to them.

If your "best friend" comment is referring to Robert(?), I had never met nor heard of him until this board was started. But, we have become friends. This is primarily a result of a common goal of wanting to unmask the truth about the silencer industry. Robert purchased thousands of dollars of the "40dB, gov't contract" cans on an inexperienced dealer's recommendation. Well, Robert was very disappointed when our 34dB silencers dramatically outperformed his. Robert wants all consumers to have access to the truth, so that they don't waste their money. The truth is most people have never heard a suppressor, so even mediocre units seem impressive when fired by themselves. Your best friend, and other manufacturers, for years have been able to survive by lying to consumers about their products' performance. They have been unwilling to let independent writers evaluate their products for the purpose of periodical review, and have stopped any and all comparison articles. I am sorry that you were happier living in ignorance, but I believe that most legitimate consumers share the opinion that this board provides a very valuble service. Certainly your best friend, and other manufacturers, are aware of this fact...because they are now trying to hustle to play catch-up. Like it or not, our silencers are excellent in design and construction, and will test better than most everything else. Anyone with a cross section of experience knows this.

If you don't like me or our products, then you should buy and support other companies. But, don't be one of the anonymous assholes that ruins another valuble resource. If you have any real experience with our products then share them, and please post a legitimate name so that you can be taken seriously.

As far as your Gemtech comments...their stuff does really compare in most instances to as ours. Their silencers tend to be adequate.


Last edited by Kevin/AAC on Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:21 am 
Offline
Silent But Deadly

Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:41 am
Posts: 1317
Location: Tucson
I can agree with alot of what Kevin just said, but I fail to see the relevance of using one's real name when posting. Kevin, you are a player in the suppressor industry, so it is important that you post who you are. Everyone here knows who you are. 1928A1, on the other hand, is just a suppressor owner that no one here would know anyway. What difference would it make if his name was Tony Bagadonuts or I.P. Freely? It wouldn't give him any more or any less credibility, in my opinion.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:14 am 
Offline
Elite Industry Professional
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:47 pm
Posts: 3248
Location: Atlanta
Tugnut wrote:
I can agree with alot of what Kevin just said, but I fail to see the relevance of using one's real name when posting. Kevin, you are a player in the suppressor industry, so it is important that you post who you are. Everyone here knows who you are. 1928A1, on the other hand, is just a suppressor owner that no one here would know anyway. What difference would it make if his name was Tony Bagadonuts or I.P. Freely? It wouldn't give him any more or any less credibility, in my opinion.



Sure, I see your point. But, the fact is that some employees of the suppressor companies mentioned have been banned from other boards from this same type of anonymous B.S. I simply believe that everyone has a right to be anonymous, but not if you want to talk B.S. I think that if you want to accuse someone of anything you should post your name. I believe that 1928A1 is involved with another suppressor company and has no experience with AAC or our products.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:05 pm 
Offline
Silent But Deadly

Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:41 am
Posts: 1317
Location: Tucson
I doubt he works for anyone in the industry. From what I gather, he is a Tac .22 can owner that likes to take his can apart and he likes to kiss Norrell's ass.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:21 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:31 am
Posts: 33619
Location: USA
I feel that if someone wants to use a handle but uses the same one, that is close enough. We come to know them by their screen name. The problem is on boards that do not require registration, people sometimes use many names depending on what they want to say that day.

If 1928 is in the business it would have to be for someone who makes cans that come apart, which is very few now days. I wonder if there is anyone who takes his muffler apart every time he drives to clean the carbon out?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:27 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:31 am
Posts: 33619
Location: USA
US1928A1 wrote:
rsilvers wrote:
I have the AAC UZI can and it kicks ass.

It would be fun to shoot it next to an MK9k. I am not sure of the difference. I don't have a 3-lug UZI barrel. It would be smart for me to have one but now that I have the AAC can and it works so well I won't be getting one.


:roll: The AAC product is always better, right?

Shakes head.....


I never said that, you inferred it. I only said what I had and that I thought it was good and a comparison would be nice. And then I said I had a QD3K which I have said many times is the best 3-lug can. I will say a Gemtech can is best without reservation if they make one that is best. I said that of the Raptor-40.

US1928A1 wrote:
Kevin/AAC wrote:
Why be an ass because he likes our silencer?


Your best friend uses this board to promote AAC suppressors. Thats what its here for, right? The original post was to compliment the SWR suppressor, which Henry sells. As soon as someone brings up a Gemtech, the AAC is mentioned and promoted by your good buddy and board owner. So long as I am allowed to post on this board, I will call a spade a spade.


The board was started before I knew Kevin. I am not going to downplay how good AAC cans are just so that you think I am unbiased.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:35 pm 
Offline
Silent Operator
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 12:06 am
Posts: 79
Location: AR
Anonymous bullshit? Lets solve your issues with knowing who I am. I don’t work for anyone in the suppressor industry. I know John Norrell, as he is my dealer. I don’t work for him, I have never worked for him, and I never will work for him, nor any other suppressor manufacturer. I do, however, have a great deal of respect from him as he is one of the best gunsmiths in the title 2 field. He is also a 20+ year veteran of the suppressor industry. You know John Norrell too Kevin, you have been to his house, why don’t you call him and ask him if I work for him?

Quote:
Your best friend, and other manufacturers, for years have been able to survive by lying to consumers about their products' performance. They have been unwilling to let independent writers evaluate their products for the purpose of periodical review, and have stopped any and all comparison articles.


I assume that you are talking about Dr. Dater being “my best friend.” I have never met Dr. Dater, but have spoken to him. I have also had email conversations with him. That is the extent of our relationship. Once again, I don’t work for him, and have never worked for him, nor any other suppressor manufacturer. Once again, Dr. Dater has been in the suppressor industry for around 30 years. Dr. Dater is not a liar and did not “survive” in the suppressor industry by keeping people from reviewing his products. See Alan Paulson’s books for example. I know you know Alan Paulson, I have seen your picture taken with him. I would like to see Paulson come out and say that Dater is a liar and kept articles from being written about his products to hide the fact that they were really junk. If Paulson would like to come out and publish such an article in SAR or elsewhere, I would sell my Gemtech suppressors and have Norrell order replacements from AAC.

I have fired the AAC Pilot next to the Norrell prototype, the SRT Commanche, and my Tac 67 and was not at all impressed. I have some experience with your product, but not much.

Here is my information:

JOHN TITSWORTH, JR.
114 Cobblestone Lane
Mena, AR 71953

Phone numbers are:
1-479-394-7545
1-479-394-1050
1-479-394-3444

I am a Realtor and Appraiser by trade. I own the company. I am not a rich man, just another average, middle class guy who posts on several boards. I post on the Thompson submachine gun website as “John Jr.” I post on AR15.com as 1928A1 and on this board as US1928A1. You can email me using any of those websites. My email address is my full name @sbcglobal.net.

I am not hiding behind anything, and never did. A lot of message board users just lurk and never post. I post and I will speak my mind. Its my personal opinion that you (Kevin) act unprofessional when you slam other suppressor manufacturers publicly. I think Robert contributes to this (weather he means to or not) by posting AAC, AAC, AAC whenever he gets the chance.

Tugnut basically had it right.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:17 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:31 am
Posts: 33619
Location: USA
US1928A1 wrote:
suppressor manufacturers publicly. I think Robert contributes to this (weather he means to or not) by posting AAC, AAC, AAC whenever he gets the chance.


Magazines are not free to publish what they really think and gunwriters that I know have lots of articles that magazines refuse to publish because they are critical of some product. Really only Gun Tests says what they think. I know Al's opinions. I discussed them non-stop for hours upon hours. I happen to agree with him on everything he told me. He is really on top of things.

I do not have a special ability to promote anyone's products more than you or any other person posting here. You can post your favorite product and say it is great. I say what I personally believe.


Last edited by silencertalk on Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:48 am 
Offline
Elite Industry Professional
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:47 pm
Posts: 3248
Location: Atlanta
US1928A1 wrote:
Anonymous bullshit? Lets solve your issues with knowing who I am. I don’t work for anyone in the suppressor industry. I know John Norrell, as he is my dealer. I don’t work for him, I have never worked for him, and I never will work for him, nor any other suppressor manufacturer. I do, however, have a great deal of respect from him as he is one of the best gunsmiths in the title 2 field. He is also a 20+ year veteran of the suppressor industry. You know John Norrell too Kevin, you have been to his house, why don’t you call him and ask him if I work for him?



I agree with everything that you say about Mr. Norrell. I believe to be an honest man with a lot of integrity. I also admire him.

I would not waste his time to call him about you.



Quote:
Your best friend, and other manufacturers, for years have been able to survive by lying to consumers about their products' performance. They have been unwilling to let independent writers evaluate their products for the purpose of periodical review, and have stopped any and all comparison articles.


Quote:
I assume that you are talking about Dr. Dater being “my best friend.”


Actually I wasn't talking about him. But, I do find it interesting that you assume that.


Quote:
I have never met Dr. Dater, but have spoken to him. I have also had email conversations with him. That is the extent of our relationship. Once again, I don’t work for him, and have never worked for him, nor any other suppressor manufacturer. Once again, Dr. Dater has been in the suppressor industry for around 30 years. Dr. Dater is not a liar and did not “survive” in the suppressor industry by keeping people from reviewing his products.


I wasn't referring to just Dater.

I do not understand how you are willing to vouch for someone's character that you have admittedly never met.



Quote:
See Alan Paulson’s books for example. I know you know Alan Paulson, I have seen your picture taken with him. I would like to see Paulson come out and say that Dater is a liar and kept articles from being written about his products to hide the fact that they were really junk. If Paulson would like to come out and publish such an article in SAR or elsewhere, I would sell my Gemtech suppressors and have Norrell order replacements from AAC.



Contact Al directly, I will set the silencers aside for you. SAR will not publish Al's silencer articles...Dater owns part of SAR. Al has submitted numerous articles to SAR over the last several years...they will not publish any of them. Gemtech will not advertise in Guns & Weapons because they refused to replace Al with Jeff Zimba of SAR.

Quote:
I have fired the AAC Pilot next to the Norrell prototype, the SRT Commanche, and my Tac 67 and was not at all impressed. I have some experience with your product, but not much.


That is just complete crap. After transferring a Pilot, John ordered one for himself. He personally told me that it was the quietest .22 muzzle silencer that he had ever heard.
If your hearing is bad enough that you are unable to tell a difference between a Tac 67 and a Pilot (or Outback II, or Warlock, etc.), then there is no reason for you to ever upgrade your current suppressor collection.

Here is my information:

JOHN TITSWORTH, JR.
114 Cobblestone Lane
Mena, AR 71953

Phone numbers are:
1-479-394-7545
1-479-394-1050
1-479-394-3444

Quote:
I am a Realtor and Appraiser by trade. I own the company. I am not a rich man, just another average, middle class guy who posts on several boards. I post on the Thompson submachine gun website as “John Jr.” I post on AR15.com as 1928A1 and on this board as US1928A1. You can email me using any of those websites. My email address is my full name @sbcglobal.net.


I have emailed you in the past, after you had anonymously bashed AAC on other boards...you never responded.



Quote:
I am not hiding behind anything, and never did. A lot of message board users just lurk and never post. I post and I will speak my mind. Its my personal opinion that you (Kevin) act unprofessional when you slam other suppressor manufacturers publicly.



It's just curious to me that you feel that you have the right to "call a spade a spade, " but I should not have the same privilege. You say that "slam" a product for telling the truth and stating facts, but your opinions are providing a public service.



Quote:
I think Robert contributes to this (weather he means to or not) by posting AAC, AAC, AAC whenever he gets the chance.



He too, should not be able to "call a spade a spade?"

Have you ever considered into starting your own board?



Quote:
Tugnut basically had it right.


Are referring to the part of agreeing with me?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:48 am 
Offline
Silent Operator
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 12:06 am
Posts: 79
Location: AR
I think this is an entire different thread, but if I remember correctly, didn't this website start out testing suppressors using a standard other that what is generally accepted in the suppressor community and different than the military uses to determine sound ratings?

Since when did you test a Norrell product? I don't see it listed. Why?

The original intent of your website may have been noble indeed, but, at least in my opinion, it has turned into an advertising medium for AAC.

If you feel that I have invaded your "home", you simply need to ask me to leave and I will do so. If you allow me to stay, I will continue to speak my mind on these matters. Its up to you, Robert.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:53 am 
Offline
Elite Industry Professional
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:47 pm
Posts: 3248
Location: Atlanta
US1928A1 wrote:
I think this is an entire different thread, but if I remember correctly, didn't this website start out testing suppressors using a standard other that what is generally accepted in the suppressor community and different than the military uses to determine sound ratings?

Since when did you test a Norrell product? I don't see it listed. Why?

The original intent of your website may have been noble indeed, but, at least in my opinion, it has turned into an advertising medium for AAC.

If you feel that I have invaded your "home", you simply need to ask me to leave and I will do so. If you allow me to stay, I will continue to speak my mind on these matters. Its up to you, Robert.




Are you the guy that posted there is a big conspiracy by the suppressor industry to seal cans to force you to pay to rebuild them?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TheSpaniard and 41 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group