Mini Uzi with SWR QD3k (pic and vid)

Post general gun pictures and videos here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade

US1928A1
Silent Operator

Post by US1928A1 »

Kevin/AAC wrote:
US1928A1 wrote:Anonymous bullshit? Lets solve your issues with knowing who I am. I don’t work for anyone in the suppressor industry. I know John Norrell, as he is my dealer. I don’t work for him, I have never worked for him, and I never will work for him, nor any other suppressor manufacturer. I do, however, have a great deal of respect from him as he is one of the best gunsmiths in the title 2 field. He is also a 20+ year veteran of the suppressor industry. You know John Norrell too Kevin, you have been to his house, why don’t you call him and ask him if I work for him?

I agree with everything that you say about Mr. Norrell. I believe to be an honest man with a lot of integrity. I also admire him.

I would not waste his time to call him about you. He wouldn't pick up the phone to talk to you anyway.

Your best friend, and other manufacturers, for years have been able to survive by lying to consumers about their products' performance. They have been unwilling to let independent writers evaluate their products for the purpose of periodical review, and have stopped any and all comparison articles.
I assume that you are talking about Dr. Dater being “my best friend.”
Actually I wasn't talking about him. But, I do find it interesting that you assume that. WHO THEN?

I have never met Dr. Dater, but have spoken to him. I have also had email conversations with him. That is the extent of our relationship. Once again, I don’t work for him, and have never worked for him, nor any other suppressor manufacturer. Once again, Dr. Dater has been in the suppressor industry for around 30 years. Dr. Dater is not a liar and did not “survive” in the suppressor industry by keeping people from reviewing his products.
I wasn't referring to just Dater. WHO THEN???

I do not understand how you are willing to vouch for someone's character that you have admittedly never met. I NEVER MET YOU AND I WOULD SWEAR YOUR A BIG ASSHOLE.

See Alan Paulson’s books for example. I know you know Alan Paulson, I have seen your picture taken with him. I would like to see Paulson come out and say that Dater is a liar and kept articles from being written about his products to hide the fact that they were really junk. If Paulson would like to come out and publish such an article in SAR or elsewhere, I would sell my Gemtech suppressors and have Norrell order replacements from AAC.

Contact Al directly, YOU TELL ME HOW AND I WILL. I will set the silencers aside for you. SAR will not publish Al's silencer articles...Dater owns part of SAR. Al has submitted numerous articles to SAR over the last several years...they will not publish any of them. Gemtech will not advertise in Guns & Weapons because they refused to replace Al with Jeff Zimba of SAR.
I have fired the AAC Pilot next to the Norrell prototype, the SRT Commanche, and my Tac 67 and was not at all impressed. I have some experience with your product, but not much.
That is just complete crap. The NORRELL CAN STOMPED YOURS, MINE AND SRTS. After transferring a Pilot, John ordered one for himself. He personally told me that it was the quietest .22 muzzle silencer that he had ever heard.
If your hearing is bad enough that you are unable to tell a difference between a Tac 67 and a Pilot (or Outback II, or Warlock, etc.), then there is no reason for you to ever upgrade your current suppressor collection.

Here is my information:

JOHN TITSWORTH, JR.
114 Cobblestone Lane
Mena, AR 71953

Phone numbers are:
1-479-394-7545
1-479-394-1050
1-479-394-3444
I am a Realtor and Appraiser by trade. I own the company. I am not a rich man, just another average, middle class guy who posts on several boards. I post on the Thompson submachine gun website as “John Jr.” I post on AR15.com as 1928A1 and on this board as US1928A1. You can email me using any of those websites. My email address is my full name @sbcglobal.net.
I have emailed you in the past, after you had anonymously bashed AAC on other boards...you never responded. I NEVER GOT AN EMAIL FROM YOU.

I am not hiding behind anything, and never did. A lot of message board users just lurk and never post. I post and I will speak my mind. Its my personal opinion that you (Kevin) act unprofessional when you slam other suppressor manufacturers publicly.

It's just curious to me that you feel that you have the right to "call a spade a spade, " but I should not have the same privilege. You say that "slam" a product for telling the truth and stating facts, but your opinions are providing a public service.

I think Robert contributes to this (weather he means to or not) by posting AAC, AAC, AAC whenever he gets the chance.

He too, should not be able to "call a spade a spade?"

Have you ever considered into starting your own board?

Tugnut basically had it right.
Are referring to the part of agreeing with me? NO, JUST THE PART THAT MAKING MY NAME KNOWN WOULDN'T CHANGE ANYTHING
US1928A1
Silent Operator

Post by US1928A1 »

Kevin/AAC wrote:
US1928A1 wrote:I think this is an entire different thread, but if I remember correctly, didn't this website start out testing suppressors using a standard other that what is generally accepted in the suppressor community and different than the military uses to determine sound ratings?

Since when did you test a Norrell product? I don't see it listed. Why?

The original intent of your website may have been noble indeed, but, at least in my opinion, it has turned into an advertising medium for AAC.

If you feel that I have invaded your "home", you simply need to ask me to leave and I will do so. If you allow me to stay, I will continue to speak my mind on these matters. Its up to you, Robert.

Are you the guy that posted there is a big conspiracy by the suppressor industry to seal cans to force you to pay to rebuild them?
Are you the guy that Robert claims doesn't charge to rebuild cans, but really does?

:roll:
Kevin/AAC
Elite Industry Professional

Post by Kevin/AAC »

US1928A1 wrote:
Kevin/AAC wrote:
US1928A1 wrote:I think this is an entire different thread, but if I remember correctly, didn't this website start out testing suppressors using a standard other that what is generally accepted in the suppressor community and different than the military uses to determine sound ratings?

Since when did you test a Norrell product? I don't see it listed. Why?

The original intent of your website may have been noble indeed, but, at least in my opinion, it has turned into an advertising medium for AAC.

If you feel that I have invaded your "home", you simply need to ask me to leave and I will do so. If you allow me to stay, I will continue to speak my mind on these matters. Its up to you, Robert.

Are you the guy that posted there is a big conspiracy by the suppressor industry to seal cans to force you to pay to rebuild them?
Are you the guy that Robert claims doesn't charge to rebuild cans, but really does?

:roll:

It is just more of the same baseless B.S. We do not charge to rebuild silencers.
noiseless
Silent But Deadly

Post by noiseless »

"US1928A1", I don't have a dog in this fight, but I do have experience and an opinion.

I've met Dater, he's been very pleasent on the few occasions we've exchanged words. I've seen several of his posts on AR15.com and he has been informative

I've also met Kevin and he's been a weath of information. Like most Gun Folk, Kevin has an opinion and is not afraid to explain it in detail and show you the difference.

I've not metRobert, nor have I spoken to him on the phone.

My experience . . . Kevin contacted me out of the blue to upgrade one of my suppressors. I was completely happy with it the way it was, but Kevin took it on himself to offer me a free upgrade on my suppressor. Upgrade . . . on a perfectly good suppressor . . . I was happy with!

Even if he did charge to rebuild a Suppressor, I don't think that would be too far out of line honestly. Harley Davidson has yet to offer to rebuild my bike for free and I paid a LOT more for the bike then the suppressor.

But I call BS none the less.

Also, have you compaired AACs written Warranty with others in the Industry?

I will also tell you that in talking with Kevin in person, he has praised several other manufacturers products. Matter of fact, I mentioned being disappointed in a particular model from another maker and he was surprised, complimented the model and maker and wanted to know why I didn't like it.

To me, it seems that there has been sort of a "Gentleman's Agreement" not to compair product or talk about each others product. Everyone makes claims that are vague ("Government Contract" and three letter groups) and misleading. Some make db claims that can't seem to be duplicated, others just don't claim anything.

Rarely do we the consumer see articles that compair "X" brand Suppressor against "Y" brand Suppressor. Rarely will MOST consumers get to test and listen to different makers cans side by side.

In my opinion, it's about damn time that someone stepped up to the plate to make a "Consumer Reports" of Suppressors
Its my personal opinion that you (Kevin) act unprofessional when you slam other suppressor manufacturers publicly.
Like me, you have your opinin.

Is Kevin passionate about his work, you betcha. He does tend to call it as he sees it and isn't afraid to ignore the "you don't talk bad about me, I don't talk bad about you" agreement that seems to prevail.

Again, just my observations, but a lot of folks take offense to his comments about their products, but I don't see a lot of them stepping up to prove him wrong either. Am I wrong here?

Humans tend to be "Brand Loyal". Nothing wrong with that. If your Grand daddy drove a Ford and your daddy drove a Ford, you probably buy a lot of Fords in your time. Best or not, "your a Ford man"

Speaking of "Best", what's best? This site looks at db rating and how well a Suppressor . . . Suppresses. There are lots of other criteria that are not being addressed. Accuracy, POI shift, Repeatability, frequency change, ect. There have been several references to Military requirements and several comments that actual db reduction is one of the last things the Military looks at.

Sorry, I'm getting long winded.

Folks, this site is a single point of reference on the Giant Internet. Like it or don't like it, that's your right. but I find it interesting that some of the folks that don't like it have more posts then folks that do.
I'm not Robert, but I'd say stay if you like. Voice your OPINION. But let other voice theirs too.

If you don't like it here, walk. Hell, I've walked from more then one friigin Internet Forum because I didn't like it. Doesn't make them right or me wrong, it's all just being adult about s--t.

Let's get over all the Bull s--t and go shoot something Suppressed!! :D
Rob
Elite Member

Post by Rob »

Concur!!!!
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

I have never understood

Post by David Hineline »

I have never understood, why gunboard forums let anyone register with any imaginary CB handle but they do. I have never understood why people hide the serial numbers of thier guns on the internet, I have never understood why Swat team members and Klansmen wear masks.

If you take no pride in who you are, what you do, and need to hide out in public behind a mask real or internet CB handle then all you say will be suspect as far as I am concerned.

You don't need to trash the competition, all you have to do is build a better mouse trap, it's competition why we have such nice units today to choose from.

If not for competition we would all still be dealing with Jonathan Aurthur Ceiner. Now there's some customer service.
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

John, your post is all logical and I think it will help convince most readers what the truth is, but I don't think it will convince 1928A1 himself. He seems to have a Vendetta against AAC and it makes him personally upset to see something good said about them. He has never offered any specific counter-claim to disprove anything I have said about why their cans are often the top choice.

Example: M4-2000 is better than M496D because mounting system does not stick and the construction is welded and hence more durable. Price is also lower. Disprove this.

Example: While the SRT Matrix is nicely quiet, it is not as quiet as a Evo-9 and it is not hard-coated and the fit and finish is worse. Disprove this.

Example: Raptor-9 is very nice and I would be very happy with it, but SWR QD-3K is quieter and just as nice in other ways, hence that is my choice for best 9mm 3-lug.

Why have I not spelled out the deficiencies of some cans in this detail before? I was trying not to hammer people's products. I know the various deficiencies after my evaluation and then pretty much just take the best and say what is good about it without dwelling on what was wrong with the others. You are forcing me to start naming names and saying what is wrong with the other products so show that I have reasons for what I think is best. Many people privately email me for advice and I am happy to give them specific reasons why I feel a certain way but really don't want to pick apart the almost-best products.

Once again, if AAC is mentioned a lot here, it is because I noticed they have lots of good products. I did this after buying and testing a huge amount of cans. People can consider this and save themselves some hassle, or make a different decision. There are many good cans out there by a lot of makers. Some are clearly the best or clearly not so good after seeing and trying them. I other cases, like .308 cans, there are lots of good choices that are pretty much equal.
Title II Firearms
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Title II Firearms »

I had a chance to snap another pic today.

[url]http://www.title2.com[/url]
[url]http://www.swrmfg.com[/url]
noiseless
Silent But Deadly

Post by noiseless »

That damn nice!!
mpallett
Elite Industry Professional

Post by mpallett »

Who made the front vertical grip?
Title II Firearms
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Title II Firearms »

The front vertical grip is KAC. The rail handguard is made by Barrelxchange.
[url]http://www.title2.com[/url]
[url]http://www.swrmfg.com[/url]
JP223
Silent But Deadly

Post by JP223 »

Troy's rail and, KAC grip looks great on your Mini. How do you like it? I was thinking about getting one, for my dad's Mini. Are you going to Knob Creek this fall?

Patrick