some guys shot the cop with M1

Post general gun pictures and videos here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade

tdinhdredstri
Silent Operator

some guys shot the cop with M1

Post by tdinhdredstri »

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=969_1263249923
THIS IS FREAKING SCARY........the cop should shot that guy when he get his firarms out of his car.
Ted
Vultite

Post by Vultite »

lots of shots fired but apparently none hit the suspect (at least not where it matters). video got the last screams the cop ever shouted....
robpiat
Silent But Deadly

Post by robpiat »

Just amazing.
T78m6b
Silent But Deadly

Post by T78m6b »

He 's lucky he got that far, I think most places as soon as he came out, or even before he came out with the M-1, he'd been shot dead
cal50
Silent But Deadly

Post by cal50 »

He waited WAY too long to take action.
Really bad.
Branded for life, in more ways than one
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

I hate that video, unnecessary killing of the P.O. who should have shot him as soon as the perp charged towards him.
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
Poacher
Elite Industry Professional

Post by Poacher »

What a waste of two lives over nothing.
"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."-- Vince Lombardi

Director of Training & Special Initiatives
Nighthawk Custom
[email protected]
877-268-4867
tomahawk84
Silent But Deadly

Post by tomahawk84 »

Put it down, put it down, after no compliance he should have fired this guys was off his rocker and the Officer was wasted from the "scuffle" you could tell by his voice and horse voice... stay in shape and learn to shoot under stress.

lessons learned.

First time i have seen this video but have seen many others like it never should have went down.
N/A
tdinhdredstri
Silent Operator

Post by tdinhdredstri »

i heard the cop got shot in the eyes, and he died after the shout
Ted
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

The story you dont hear is the cop got in trouble for pulling his gun on someone a few weeks earlier. Makes you wonder if that played into it.
diablito
Silent But Deadly

Post by diablito »

easy solution... tase the bastard right after his drunken jig... final seconds of the video the officer was still breathing... would LOVE to see the video of the gramps getting arrested by an entire force... or the judge passing sentence... is that fucker dead yet?
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

66427vette wrote:The story you dont hear is the cop got in trouble for pulling his gun on someone a few weeks earlier. Makes you wonder if that played into it.
That's a popular rumor but I have never seen anything offical to back it up.

There's a huge difference between LEOs that pull there freaking handgun out of thier holster for EVERYTHING and a Armed man. He would have been GTG.

Truth is he was a rookie cop in a life or death situation. The other guy was a Ex-Vietnam vet and used suppressive fire tactics once the STHF to overhelm the officer.

Once you remove the LEO vs. nutbag, it's really a Rifle vs. handgun showdown.

The officer did hit the guy in the gut though. He should have unloaded on the guy the moment he turned around with rifle in hand.

But I agree with Poacher most of all.........
diablito wrote:easy solution... tase the bastard right after his drunken jig... final seconds of the video the officer was still breathing... would LOVE to see the video of the gramps getting arrested by an entire force... or the judge passing sentence... is that fucker dead yet?
He was on death row IIRC.
NFAtalk.org
T78m6b
Silent But Deadly

Post by T78m6b »

Here you go, click on offender research "Andrew Brannan", he's sitting on Death Row, dude looks like Captain Kangaroo :twisted:

http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/GDC/Offende ... rector.jsp
Bone16
Elite Member

Post by Bone16 »

BRANNAN, ANDREW HOWARD GDC ID: 0001041320

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION
YOB: 1948
RACE: WHITE
HEIGHT: 5'11''
WEIGHT: 178
EYE COLOR: GREEN
HAIR COLOR: SLT&PEP

SCARS, MARKS, TATTOOS

INCARCERATION DETAILS
MAJOR OFFENSE: MURDER
MOST RECENT INSTITUTION: GA DIAG & CLASS PRIS-PERM
MAX POSSIBLE RELEASE DATE: DEATH Important Release Information
TENTATIVE PAROLE MONTH: NOT ALLOWED IN THIS CASE Important Parole Information

ACTUAL RELEASE DATE: CURRENTLY SERVING
CURRENT STATUS: ACTIVE

KNOWN ALIASES
A.K.A. BRANNAN,ANDREW H

STATE OF GEORGIA - CURRENT SENTENCES
CASE NO: 437391
OFFENSE: MURDER
CONVICTION COUNTY: LAURENS COUNTY
CRIME COMMIT DATE: 01/12/1998
SENTENCE LENGTH: DEATH

STATE OF GEORGIA - PRIOR SENTENCES
STATE OF GEORGIA - INCARCERATION HISTORY
INCARCERATION BEGIN 02/04/2000
INCARCERATION END
ACTIVE
America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the mall.

Bone 16, Asshat at large, OUT!
Wilder
Elite Member

Post by Wilder »

This happened about 45 miles from where I live. I have a lot of friends who are LEO's. This was a cluster F from the start. The officer went through 3 mags. Leasons to learn: Never point shoot, Know when to advance with force (the officer could have had the gun in his ear before he retieved the rifle), and the officer according to some sources did know the guy was a nut job.

I am of the opinion that if the cop had held a good sight picture and kept his cool, or advanced quickly, he would be alive today. The entire shooting was less than 15 yards in distance. There was no reason for the officer to die except poor mind set.

The shooter was never hit, not even once. He was also a Vietnam vet. The had been shot at before and knew the feeling of what it is like to be shot at.

Expienced shooter vs inexperienced officer. I think we know the rest.

Horrible situation. I wish the officer had a better mind set, but this is not something that can be taught in a classroom, and sad to say, he never made it through the first real world class.

I hope I don't sound like a dick, but this is the truth.
Alee Hillbilly
Wilder
Elite Member

Post by Wilder »

tdinhdredstri wrote:i heard the cop got shot in the eyes, and he died after the shout
The cop was shot and wombed on the ground with an empty weapon when the final shot was fired.
Alee Hillbilly
Wilder
Elite Member

Post by Wilder »

ArevaloSOCOM wrote: The officer did hit the guy in the gut though. He should have unloaded on the guy the moment he turned around with rifle in hand.
Didn't happen, he missed every shot. If he went to the hospital it was for getting the s--t kick out of him by the arresting officers.
Alee Hillbilly
diablito
Silent But Deadly

Post by diablito »

Wilder:

your avatar kinda looks like the bastard!!
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

Wilder wrote:
ArevaloSOCOM wrote: The officer did hit the guy in the gut though. He should have unloaded on the guy the moment he turned around with rifle in hand.
Didn't happen, he missed every shot. If he went to the hospital it was for getting the s--t kick out of him by the arresting officers.
Thanks for the correction. My apologies.

FWIW I agree with your assesment, even in light of the Rifle vs Pistol angle. 15 yards and no hits. damn. At least he went out shooting.
NFAtalk.org
jlwilliams
Silent But Deadly

Post by jlwilliams »

That didn't need to happen.
Wilder
Elite Member

Post by Wilder »

ArevaloSOCOM wrote:
Wilder wrote:
Thanks for the correction. My apologies.

FWIW I agree with your assesment, even in light of the Rifle vs Pistol angle. 15 yards and no hits. damn. At least he went out shooting.
True, I would hate to die with bullets in my gun.
Alee Hillbilly
Wilder
Elite Member

Post by Wilder »

diablito wrote:Wilder:

your avatar kinda looks like the bastard!!
Yes, but I am a much better shot. Two rounds an this would have been over, plus I would have had ammo left when the GBI came to make the arrest.

The locals were not even allowed near the scene. I wonder why?
Alee Hillbilly
DEVIL DOC
Silent But Deadly

Post by DEVIL DOC »

I really miss FMJ's of Freedom......
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

Wilder wrote: Yes, but I am a much better shot. Two rounds an this would have been over, plus I would have had ammo left when the GBI came to make the arrest.
Really??? You sound like a regular gunslinger. Would like to hear the the specifics on your last gun fight please. Did you develop tunnel vision? Fine muscle control degrade? Did you s--t your pants?

Oh....... I see.

It's fairly easy to armchair the real thing isn't it?
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
Wilder
Elite Member

Post by Wilder »

continuity wrote:
Wilder wrote: Yes, but I am a much better shot. Two rounds an this would have been over, plus I would have had ammo left when the GBI came to make the arrest.
Really??? You sound like a regular gunslinger. Would like to hear the the specifics on your last gun fight please. Did you develop tunnel vision? Fine muscle control degrade? Did you s--t your pants?

Oh....... I see.

It's fairly easy to armchair the real thing isn't it?
I will give you this, I have had a gun put in my face and did not go for mine. Call me a pus if you like, but I did not feel like dying that day.

I'm no gunslinger just a good shot, and before the next statement, I have never shot a cop on the side of the road. :roll:

You seem to know a lot about gunslingers; however, Is your last name lawless.
Alee Hillbilly