CLEO Signoff In Henrico County, Virginia?

Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia
AppealPlay

CLEO Signoff In Henrico County, Virginia?

Post by AppealPlay » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:29 am

I'm looking at purchasing my first silencer (which will be my first NFA purchase ever, in fact) but I'm not sure about the CLEO signoff. I live in Henrico County, Virginia and I've been told that it's not a great situation when it comes to the CLEO signoff.

Any recommendations? Does anyone know who will and will not sign? I read on AR15.com that the Henrico County Sheriff will sign but I don't think that's been updated for several years. I know the ATF allows a number of different officials to sign, so I have to imagine there is at least one CLEO that will sign in Henrico.

Thanks!

karb

Re: CLEO Signoff In Henrico County, Virginia?

Post by karb » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:35 pm

Henrico is NOT going to sign. sorry dude. You could hurry a trust with bergstrom, but it'll cost 300+, and then the crap possibly about to change could head that off at the pass.

Scroll to bottom
https://immortalarms.com/NFAinfo.html

AppealPlay

Post by AppealPlay » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:29 am

Oh, joy. :( It sucks especially considering I only moved from Chesterfield (which apparently will sign) a few months ago.

I feel like if I went through the trouble of creating a trust, it wouldn't be done before the new NFA trust rules are instated.

This is so arbitrary. :(

Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:49 pm

AppealPlay wrote:Oh, joy. :( It sucks especially considering I only moved from Chesterfield (which apparently will sign) a few months ago.

I feel like if I went through the trouble of creating a trust, it wouldn't be done before the new NFA trust rules are instated.

This is so arbitrary. :(
Trusts only take an hour tops to make.

As of now there is nothing in the proposal that says things in the process wont be grandfathered.....that said there isn't anything saying it will be.

Question is do you want NFA or not? Personally I would rather have it in the works when a change happens than looking at hindsight and hating life.

karb

Post by karb » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:34 pm

Bender is correct, and most NFA lawyers transact everything online/phone, and
Then PDF you the trust to print and notarize. So yea, not even a few days if they're
Busy. Here's the one I used, in Va., and it was 2 days turnaround.

http://www.arsenalattorneys.com/

AppealPlay

Post by AppealPlay » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:42 am

Alright, I've looked into it. It looks like most people are predicting that applications submitted before the new regulations take effect will be processed with the old rules.

I'm going to create a trust. Will post an update once that's done.