dyeman12

Post by dyeman12 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:56 pm

Fairfax / Loudoun Co area

Robb Jensen
Silent Operator

Post by Robb Jensen » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:50 pm

Woodbridge, VA
armorer for Virginia Arms Co FFL/SOT
certified armorer for HK-Sidearms/S&W-M&P/US Training Ctr AR15-M16/US Training Ctr 1911/O.F. Mossberg/SIG-Sauer LE/FNH-SCAR/Glock Advanced Armorer

opscwo

Post by opscwo » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:04 am

Southern VA

Dennis_in_VA

Post by Dennis_in_VA » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:43 pm

Another member from Roanoke.
I don't have any of the "TOYS" that you guys have (yet).
I am on the fence and need a little nudge.
Are there any Dealers in / near Roanoke?

JonStuck

Post by JonStuck » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:02 am

Ashburn VA Checking in...

Casper
Silent But Deadly

Post by Casper » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:19 pm

Falls Church here.

Maybe one of these days we should try to do a NOVA shoot someplace, or I suppose if there is enough interest we could even include the whole state. I guess it depends on how many would like to attend and how far people are willing to drive.

I'll think about trying to set something up later this fall. If that sounds interesting, please hit me up and let me know, just trying to gauge interest.

Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Post by Diomed » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:29 am

Casper wrote:Maybe one of these days we should try to do a NOVA shoot someplace, or I suppose if there is enough interest we could even include the whole state. I guess it depends on how many would like to attend and how far people are willing to drive.
Two problems. One is that there is usually little interest in this state. The other is where is there to shoot in NOVA? The only ranges that allow full auto are pits.

smcharchan
Silent But Deadly

Post by smcharchan » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:00 am

Fredericksburg.

Casper
Silent But Deadly

Post by Casper » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:31 am

Diomed wrote:
Casper wrote:Maybe one of these days we should try to do a NOVA shoot someplace, or I suppose if there is enough interest we could even include the whole state. I guess it depends on how many would like to attend and how far people are willing to drive.
Two problems. One is that there is usually little interest in this state. The other is where is there to shoot in NOVA? The only ranges that allow full auto are pits.
I know what you mean about the ranges... However, I am going out to a friends piece of land this weekend to see if it might be a suitable place to hold a shoot.

If interest is low, than so be it, not much I can do about that. I guess I will see if the land pans out and if it does I'll see if anyone has the inclination to join.

smcharchan
Silent But Deadly

Post by smcharchan » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:02 am

Casper wrote: I know what you mean about the ranges... However, I am going out to a friends piece of land this weekend to see if it might be a suitable place to hold a shoot.

If interest is low, than so be it, not much I can do about that. I guess I will see if the land pans out and if it does I'll see if anyone has the inclination to join.
Let me know if you move forward with planning a shoot. I would be happy to help plan/prepare... and attend.

Casper
Silent But Deadly

Post by Casper » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:14 am

Most certainly, I'll let you know if the land looks good for a shoot and we can work together to see if we can put something together.

Thanks for the offer, and I hope we can put a good shoot together.

Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Post by Diomed » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:59 am

Casper wrote:If interest is low, than so be it, not much I can do about that. I guess I will see if the land pans out and if it does I'll see if anyone has the inclination to join.
Who knows, finding a place that isn't a dump could result in more interest. Good luck, it would be nice to have something local.

bombsqd318
Silent Operator

Post by bombsqd318 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:21 pm

East Coast SouthSide (Virginia Beach)
[b]EOD[/b]....[b][i]INITIAL SUCCESS OR TOTAL FAILURE [/i][/b]

vbrtrmn

Post by vbrtrmn » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:03 am

Just joined, Fairfax, I normally shoot at the NRA, live about 5 min from there. Sometimes I shoot at Blue Ridge Arsenal, with some friends who have memberships there. I've shot at Silver Eagle, but don't have enough silver in my pocket to go there.

If anyone in the area wants to meet up, we can take out some of my old C&R guns.

Downrange
Elite Member

Post by Downrange » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:46 pm

Just signed up here. SWVA.

This site is a great resource!

opscwo

Post by opscwo » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:15 pm

Chesapeake here...

Conqueror
Elite Member

Post by Conqueror » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:09 pm

So I find myself in Charlottesville for the month... doubt I'll have enough free time to go shooting, but if anyone's around here and wants to get a beer sometime, shoot me a PM or something.
[b]Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?[/b]

Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Post by Diomed » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:12 am

If you do decide you need to bust some caps, drop me a line. The Rivanna Rifle & Pistol Club is ten-fifteen minutes from the hospital, be happy to let you in.

va_dinger
Silent But Deadly

Post by va_dinger » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:06 pm

Virginia Beach.

I shoot mostly at U.S. Training Center and Lafayette.

I'd LOVE to do a local range trip with you guys.

ElDuderino
Silent But Deadly

Post by ElDuderino » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:48 pm

Future Charlottesville resident here. Can anyone tell me how NFA friendly Albemarle county is or what types of ranges there are in the area?

Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Post by Diomed » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:34 am

ElDuderino wrote:Future Charlottesville resident here. Can anyone tell me how NFA friendly Albemarle county is or what types of ranges there are in the area?
Albemarle is (I think) okay for signoffs.

As far as ranges go, the only one in town is Rivanna. It's a good range but the Fudds are large and in charge. There are other ranges if you go further afield but they're expensive with limited membership, or else in national forests.

Bulwyeth
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bulwyeth » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:41 am

I am in Fairfax. You have only a couple of options up here also. Short (50 yard) indoor ranges ranges who are generally friendly to Silencer people.

Your next closest outdoor option is Clark Brothers on 29 between Warrenton & Culpepper that has a 100 yard range, also Silencer friendly.

Diomed your assessment of the Fudd situation down there does not surprise me. I get down there once and a while, and stop at Woodbrook. Seems to be Fudd leaning, although they did have a couple of evil rifles on the shelves. What was killing me though were the prices they were charging. Someone asked what he charged for a transfer and I nearly s--t when he said like $85. Must be nice to be the only game in town.
Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post.

Stewie Griffin

SWR Spectre
SWR Trident
SWR HEMS-2
Yankee Hill Phantom 5.56 SS

Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Post by Diomed » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:27 am

Bulwyeth wrote:Diomed your assessment of the Fudd situation down there does not surprise me. I get down there once and a while, and stop at Woodbrook. Seems to be Fudd leaning, although they did have a couple of evil rifles on the shelves. What was killing me though were the prices they were charging. Someone asked what he charged for a transfer and I nearly s--t when he said like $85. Must be nice to be the only game in town.
There are other options besides Woodbrook, though they're a bit more obscure. Personally I've never even been there (no idea where it is either). It's definitely the local Fudd shrine.