Silent But Deadly

NFA Gun Trust Lawyer in the WA?

Post by mk23 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:47 pm

Anyone know of one?

Thanks

LilBrave

Re: NFA Gun Trust Lawyer in the WA?

Post by LilBrave » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:44 am

Can't seem to find one either for our shop. I have been advised that to get a Trust done correctly is should be done by someone that has passed the BAR. Seems like a no-brainer, but I keep hearing about guys getting kitchen table trusts done for free. Seems like if you are willing to go all the way and do the correct steps, why take a chance on a trust that will be make your NFA item void if it's not 100% legit....

dvdivx

Post by dvdivx » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:34 pm

http://www.rainierlaw.com/index.html

Can be difficult to get a hold of sometimes. Most trusts are a variation of http://www.guntrustlawyer.com/.
It has to be specific to the state though to be legal. I paid around $600 for mine and add to it as needed. It's easy once it's set up. Just make several copies (real not computer files.) of the original. Will be handy if you have to add to it later on or get new stuff.

You should also make several copies of your tax stamps too just in case.

Cascade Arsenal

Post by Cascade Arsenal » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:08 am

I love the miss information rolling around out there.

There is no such thing as an NFA Trust or a Gun Trust. A Trust is a Trust is a Trust. Yes some States require certain language in a Trust.

We use a Trust that was put together by an Attorney client of ours. It was put together for Washington State and may be valid in other States. We provide it as part of the purchasing process. If you have a Trust great! If you need one and are buying from us we can help. I have never had one declined and I have had ours reviewed with the ATF.

Thanks,
Chip Miller
Cascade Arsenal
cascadearsenal.com

LilBrave

Post by LilBrave » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:29 am

This is what I was talking about
--
http://www.guntrustlawyer.com/states/washington/
--

Ryo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ryo » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:34 pm

It's from a blog.. linked to a nonexistent (or now nonexistent) blog talking about invalided Trust. We don't know what happen.. people make mistakes on their trusts so it could be invalidated a numerous # of reasons.. ie not getting it certified.

I've done quicken trusts with zero issues.
I know Chip can do them too. He's a good person to buy from since I've bought a couple from him in the past.

Girth

Post by Girth » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:15 pm

Spoke to the guys at West Coast Armory yesterday to ask who they recommend/deal with often. Havent talked to him yet, but was told he charges ~$250. I'll be giving him a call next week to see whats up, but IIRC they said he was in Redmond or thereabouts.

Valar Morghulis

Post by Valar Morghulis » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:05 am

Just as a heads-up, I recently purchased my first NFA item (AAC M4-2000) from High Mountain Hunting Supply in Wenatchee. while they aren't going to be very local for most of you, they had all the paperwork there for me to setup my trust. They said they had gone to a lawyer who helped them get the paperwork straight, and they claimed they have never had one rejected (trust, not applicant). They even threw in the dollar to start it out for me.

silent_grizz
Silent But Deadly

Post by silent_grizz » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:57 pm

Valar Morghulis wrote:Just as a heads-up, I recently purchased my first NFA item (AAC M4-2000) from High Mountain Hunting Supply in Wenatchee. while they aren't going to be very local for most of you, they had all the paperwork there for me to setup my trust. They said they had gone to a lawyer who helped them get the paperwork straight, and they claimed they have never had one rejected (trust, not applicant). They even threw in the dollar to start it out for me.
+1 for High Mountain. I've never purchased a class III item from them, but have worked with them on other projects and they are great. Kelsey is the owner and is very helpful.
AAC M4-2000-08
Gemtech Tundra 9mm
Tactical Innovations Stratus .22LR

ChrisKinsman

Post by ChrisKinsman » Sun May 29, 2011 10:48 am

Dennis brislawn at brislawn lofton

Www.brislawnlofton.com

I was nervous about the photocopied boiler plate trust I used for my first can and had it restated by Dennis

He has done quite a bit of research and ran it by the ATF examiners several times now.

He is promoting it via the west coast armory classes I believe

Scott Miller

Post by Scott Miller » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:08 pm

My name is Scott Miller. I am a Washington State attorney. The focus of my practice is estate planning and elder law. I am also an associate of David Goldman in Florida. I think someone linked his guntrustlawyer.ocm blog above.

A trust is basically an estate planning device. What I tell clients about estate planning devices is that there is a front side and a back side. Here the front side is passing ATF scrutiny and obtaining a class 3 item. That apperas pretty simple and they will accept almost any trust as long as it conforms to the necessary requirments. What makes one trust different from another however is the language contained in it; and that gives the trustee his/her power. Obviously not all trusts are the same. David Goldman's trust is copyrighted and contains spcecific language and powers for class 3 item holders/trustee[s]. The same thing goes for the backside after you pass away. What powers and authority does your successor trustee have??? Or the executor of your estate???

One of the other things I tell clients is that you can skimp on the front side but that usually costs more on the back side....to correct a problem/deficiency. The devil is in the details boys. :twisted:

Scott Miller
Attorney at Law
222 W. Mission #106
Spokane, WA 99201
(509) 835-4117

LilBrave

Post by LilBrave » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:06 pm

We have been sendinge our customers to Northwest Law Group in Kirkland
www.nwgunlawgroup.com - He's been doing a great job for us

Scoundrel

Post by Scoundrel » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:53 pm

Greetings!

I'm glad to see this thread return from spamland, because it started out looking very relevant to what I am interested in, then kind of got derailed by (ironically) spam that pushes anti-malware software.

Anyway, here are my questions:

1. Does anyone know a local (WA state) attorney who will provide a trust equivalent in function but less expensive than the one being offered by "Gun Trust Lawyer" for roughly $600?

2. What, specifically, will happen if I decide that I want to obtain a "better" trust that has wording more specific to NFA items, who is allowed to use them, and their disposition after my death, then what happens next? Do I need to transfer my NFA items into the new trust, at a price tag of $200 each?

Thank you in advance for your thoughts on the subject.