SilencerTalk

Sound Suppressor Discussion
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:02 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:39 am 
Silent Operator

Looking for an engraver for SBR in Kansas City area. Attorneys have scared off every engraver in St. Joseph, so I'm willing to drive a bit. Form 1s in hand and really wanting to get my uppers ordered before Feinstein destroys all my dreams, so quick turn around would be ideal. Any ideas/leads are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

-BK

BulletFlight for Android
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:30 am 
Silent But Deadly

I don't know of anyone in your area but I've used http://identmarking.com/ in the past. The work was great and the turn around was pretty quick.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:39 am 
Silent Operator

Everyone around the KC area uses this guy http://www.acculaserengraving.com/. He did 2 lowers for me while I waited about 15min, charged me $30. When I was there he was just finishing up a batch of parts for Barrett. You do have to call and set up a time for him to do it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:59 pm 
Silent But Deadly

ToyotaGuru wrote:
Everyone around the KC area uses this guy http://www.acculaserengraving.com/. He did 2 lowers for me while I waited about 15min, charged me $30. When I was there he was just finishing up a batch of parts for Barrett. You do have to call and set up a time for him to do it.

THIS!

Shawn is THE guy to go to around these parts for firearm engraving. Fast, affordable and a great guy to boot. He loves guns! But he can be hard to get a hold of so keep trying.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:16 pm 
Silent Operator

Thanks for the replies guys, I've been trying to get a hold of Shawn at Accu Laser for a while now which spawned my search for another option, guess I'll keep it up haha. I like the idea of being able to have them done in person while I wait.

-BK

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:03 am 
Silent Operator

I have now tasted the Shawn & Accu Laser Kool-Aid. 1/4 what I figured it would cost, and completed in minutes... instead of a couple weeks for turn around + shipping costs. All of my engraving work will be done there. Period. Thanks again guys for telling me to keep with it.

p.s. I found 1000-1030 the best chance at getting in through the phone. He did look extremely busy when I was there, looks like he fit me in between more important work. Stoked I can now bring all my SBR parts together :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:40 am 
Senior Silent Operator

Most jewelers (As in actual jewelers, not zales or any crap like that) can do engraving. I know the jeweler I went to for the custom bridal set for my wife is who did mine but he is in st Louis...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:32 am 
Silent Operator

I tried getting ahold of acculaser for a couple weeks (recommended by the guys at St. Joe Guns), but never got ahold of him...sending lower tomorrow to Orion Arms for SBR marking and custom logo deep engraved...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:40 pm 
Silent But Deadly

BadKarmaZeroSix wrote:
I tried getting ahold of acculaser for a couple weeks (recommended by the guys at St. Joe Guns), but never got ahold of him...sending lower tomorrow to Orion Arms for SBR marking and custom logo deep engraved...

Orion is the place to go. They've done all my lowers.