SilencerTalk

Sound Suppressor Discussion
It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 1:25 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:49 pm 
Silent But Deadly

I want to add that Chuck has referred NUMEROUS trusts to me which I am grateful.

I hope that he gets this together and I think he will take care of all of his customers.

http://www.Houstonattorney.org

http://www.Atomiclabrat.com

Family and Criminal Law services in Houston, TX

BulletFlight for Android
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:52 pm 
Silent But Deadly

I know it is not an excuse, but I think he is going through some hard times. If any of you have been there, as I have, it is not a very good situation/mindset to be in. I am only speculating of course. I have done business with him and he is a good guy........maybe just in a bad place.

I hope all of you get your problems settled quickly.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:19 pm 
Silent But Deadly

Just received an email from one of my trust clients.

Chuck contacted him and is going to transfer his suppressor next week. So it appears that chuck is working on getting transfers completed.

Guys. . . Let's all be patient and stand behind chuck and give him the opportunity to get everything straight.

If his ffl was at his home. . . He had to move the ffl with the atf and that can take months. That means no transfers.

It is obvious that something happened in chucks life. I hope the community and his customers will be supportive and patient

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:53 pm 

I spoke with Chuck at of June and he said he was relocating and it was going to take a few weeks to get everything transferred. He has full time job on top of being a class III dealer. Yes an email or phone call would have been nice. I just hope all the complaints to ATF and locals don't slow things down more. Patience is the name of this game. Yes I to have an order pending paid in full.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 am 

I received a reply from Chuck's gmail address. He said he would either transfer the item I paid for or refund the money. Based on that communication I will hold off on contacting the Williamson County Attorney's office since they (nor I) have any wish to prosecute if there is a resoultion in progress.

s--t happens, but it is only compounded if there is no communicaton. Chuck should post his situation here, along with an email address and phone number (and hours that he is available) so that all of the folks who have unfinished business with him can arrange to complete or close out transactions.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:00 pm 

I just received the following via email from Chuck Tooke:

To whom it may concern regarding business with “Charlton F. Tooke” d.b.a. “Chuck’s Class 3”

I have proudly tried to serve the NFA firearms community since going into business in 2000. Up until recently I have done so with nothing but compliments from customers, many of which have become good
friends over the years.

Due to events beyond my control in my personal and professional life, I will no longer be able to do so.

All I have to offer is my sincere apologies to anyone receiving this notice. None of the recent downfalls
in my life were planned, and I certainly did not wish it to affect anyone doing business with me.

Anyone with any unfinished business with me can contact my lawyer.

Michael Baumer
7600 Burnet Rd, Suite 530
Austin, TX 78757
512-476-8707

I have entered into Chapter 13 bankruptcy protection. Even though I more than qualified for Chapter 7, and
could “walk away” I have elected to go the 13 route. Everyone who is owed any monies from me will be paid 100%

I am truly sorry that things have led to this.

Charlton F. Tooke

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:09 pm 

edited still hate chuck though

Last edited by crazyrec12 on Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:00 pm 
Silent But Deadly

man, i feel really bad for him. sucks he has to do this. :(

see, i KNEW there was a reason besides just going AWOL.

JHS27275: "When you throw down the gauntlet, don't be surprised if someone picks it up and slaps the s--t out of you with it."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:03 pm 

GODDAMNITSOMUCH!

As a first time NFA purchaser, what the hell happens now?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:36 pm 

So, I called ATF in VA for advice. They said no one was there that could answer the questions. Call tomorrow.
Called Austin ATF- they said to call call Regulatory Compliance in the San Antonio Office
Called San Antonio, they said I would need to get a lawyer and go after Chuck.

Oh, and my form 4 was approved on Friday. Crap.

Left a message for Chuck's lawyer. We shall see what happens.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:07 pm 
Silent Operator

danm, that sucks. I knew there was a reason for this bad communication. It is a sad day to see Chuck close up shop. He was very helpful in getting me into the NFA game and wish him the best on the road ahead.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:10 pm 

From Chuck's letter:

"...Everyone who is owed any monies from me will be paid 100%..."

I have 100% faith that Chuck will make everyone who has pending business with him whole. He is going through some very hard times right now and that is affecting his ability to conduct his business in the manner in which he has in the past. I wish him all the best and I hope things turn around for him and he gets back on his feet quickly.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:00 pm 

I talked to his lawyer and they said they don't have a claim number established for him yet.... Call back in a week.

I was told we would have to fill out paperwork and then send it back in and we would receive a check.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:17 pm 
Silent But Deadly

man that really sucks. I hope he and his family end up okay.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:43 am 
Silent But Deadly

If he still has the suppressors that you guys paid for, can't they sit in somebody's care until they're approved and then transfer to you? I thought I had read something on the boards before that even if your dealer dies in the process, it can still be transferred to you once approved.

Unless he doesn't even have the cans anymore, that would certainly suck.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:25 pm 

My understanding is that he is entering into bankruptcy -- that doesn't revoke his Class 3 license. Further, I believe that the type of bankruptcy he says he will file is a "reorganization" rather than a dissolution or discharge of debts, implying that he wishes or intends to remain in business. If he has your merchandise in hand and if you have received or will receive ATF approval then there is no reason that the transfer cannot be completed.

In my case, the inference of the email I received is that my order is not in stock (likely never placed with the manufacturer by Chuck), therefore the only recourse is for me to receive a refund by making a claim with the bankruptcy trustee. Actually getting my money back will likely take several months or longer and leaves me with little taste for dropping an additional like sum on some other Class 3 dealer while still being short the money I paid Chuck. There is no guarantee of getting a full refund, since in the course of the Chap. 13 bankruptcy proceedings he could switch to Chap. 7, thus reducing the payout to a percentage (between 0 and 100%) of the claim.

Everybody with skin in the game keep your fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:51 am 
Silent But Deadly

Interesting.

If he has the cans, you might get them.

Need to find out of the landlord has the locked chuck out.

If so, the landlord may ave the cans.

If your can never arrived at Chucks and you gave him money you are an unsecured creditor.

Hell, technically, everyone is an unsecured creditor.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:15 am 
Silent But Deadly

I JUST met Chuck at his Sam Bass Rd. office and got my two silencers, machine gun and Serbu Super Shorty. I didn't ask him about any problems he's having because it's nothing to do with me, and I was of course just really happy to get my stuff!

I would imagine given my experience that if he has something in his posession that's been transferred to you (or in the process) you'll be able to get your stuff. If you have anything in the process of transferring to him you should arrange with the originator to work with ATF to change the transferree to someone else. I did that with my DeLisle replica and an M16, just to be safe, and now I'm glad I did!

Good luck to everyone.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:26 am 

Would you mind telling us how you arranged to meet Chuck? Is there a working phone number you could share?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:47 am 
Silent But Deadly

I used his work email.

When he declares bankruptcy creditors will no longer be legally allowed to contact Chuck directly. I'm willing to share the contact information I have with anyone who's got an item in Chuck's posession that's already been transferred by the ATF (that is, it should be ready for you to pick it up from him). Send me a PM if that's your situation.

I'd just post it here, but if people start harassing him then it'll become impossible for anyone to reach the guy...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:37 pm 

Awesome! so because he never even got my form 4 to me I'm just SOL ???

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:27 am 

I was able to get together with Chuck this weekend to pick up my gear. He said that he had sent me a couple of emails from his gmail account that I did not receive. After talking with him I believe him. I have wondered if I have some kind of spam filter that is blocking gmail?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:04 pm 

Just to close the loop- I did just meet with Chuck and picked up my suppressor. Chuck is a real nice guy and made THIS part of the transaction smooth and easy.

Wish the other stuff had not gone on, and I would be able to endorse him wholeheartedly.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:32 pm 
Silent But Deadly

Well that is great to hear that he's making good on all this stuff. Maybe if he gets back into the swing of things he'll be a good guy to go back to.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:14 pm 

I received a copy of Chuck's proposed workout under bankruptcy. The legal documents had been reduced to 1/4 size, so it took some squinting through reading glasses to decipher the legaleze, but if I read it correctly, "unsecured" creditors like those of us who gave him payment for items he did not deliver are not scheduled to receive any reimbursement until the 25th month of his bankruptcy workout -- and then it is to take another two years or so to pay us off. In other words, we are behind the IRS, a credit card company, and the Harley Davidson Davidson finance company, all of whom must be paid off prior to our receiving a penny. He can always refile for discharge of debts if he gets tired of making his payments under the Chap 13 bankruptcy, leaving unsecured creditors high and dry. Let's hope that those who have described him as a person of some integrity are accurate in their judgement.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next