SilencerTalk

Sound Suppressor Discussion
It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:12 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:36 am 
Senior Silent Operator

Just wondering if any has used this guy

www.HoustonAttorney.org

I'm looking into getting a Texas NFA trust for SBR and Suppressors. Will update as things go along.

BulletFlight for Android
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:10 am 
Silent But Deadly

SC-texas is his user name here and many other forums. He has a good reputation, and contributes significantly to the NFA community. Use the search function.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:23 pm 
Senior Silent Operator

Sean did my trust. Give him a call or send him an email.

"When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:10 pm 
Silent Operator

He did mine too. Quite happy with it and him both.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:34 pm 
Silent But Deadly

Found your post. Check your email.

Thanks!

http://www.Houstonattorney.org

http://www.Atomiclabrat.com

Family and Criminal Law services in Houston, TX

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:48 pm 
Silent Operator

He did mine and a close personal friend as well. We are both very happy. I have done over a dozen transfers with it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:46 am 
Silent But Deadly

+1 He's good people. (I'm sure you figured that out by now) I got ahold of him back in his ARFcom days before I knew about this place :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:21 pm 

Why spend $600 to have a trust formed when you can do it yourself. I did my own trust using the trust template at Hooper Ordnance: http://www.hooperordnance.com/page3.aspx

Did my last suppressor and SBS using that trust template, several people I know have also used that template with no issues whatsoever. Just plug in your information in the relevant spots and get it notarized. Then spend that $600 you saved on ammo or a new suppressor.

Of course there will be some who will try and scare people into using an attorney to draft a trust, for whatever reason they have. Fact is many many many people have created their own NFA trusts that ARE valid and they have no issues whatsoever.

Just don't make yourself the Grantor, trustee AND the Beneficiary. You can be Grantor and Trustee but you need to have someone else listed as a beneficiary. Otherwise you're defeating the intended purpose of a trust and your trust will be invalidated by BATFE at some point (probably a year or so after they approve your transfer to the invalid trust.. and then uh oh!)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:38 pm 
Silent But Deadly

Mr. Cody put together my NA firearms trust last October and I'm going to put my prepaid stainless sparrow from Houston Armory on there soon. Also, I've got several cans still 2 go......it's sweet piece of mind if an attorney that does this EVERYDAY puts it all together. I don't have to 2nd guess that my titled " No Weapons" Trust might possibly be missing a crucial/critical document or some vague legalese that voids my trust. There is no room for error with NFA documents. THAT's what professional legal services ARE for. No shortcuts,EVER! It's really good insurance,too! My attorney has his name on my policy.....and those doityourselfinabox low ball risks are there if a difficulty arises......someday without any backup. So be it, but not for me.
Considering that there are several SMGs to be included in family, a nifty tidy sum is completely discounted as that my grandkids someday can switch/swap and play with them all plus a bucket of cans COMING from Houston Armory. But they ALL are essentially worthless outside the trust and I would rather give them away than allow a sale for major money for my SMGs. Nope, canNOT be done! They MUST ALWAYS stay in family possession as your grandpas toys. Trade and wheel and deal but only among family= our "No Weapons" Trust! SWEET! I DO intend for it to be valid into perpetuity and all my NFA items NEVER EVER to be sold.
Mr. Cody is a TOP SHELF firearms friendly attorney and coincidentally throws one hell of a Christmas party..... (another topic!),been there, done that!
Mr. Cody could set up Your trust to Your specifications as a family affair,too - an inherent care free advantage. Give him a call for most valuable NFA legal advice/input-well spent! And while there.....check out the cans!
starlingstalker
D.J, RN

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:41 am 

starlingstalker wrote:
There is no room for error with NFA documents. THAT's what professional legal services ARE for. No shortcuts,EVER! It's really good insurance,too! My attorney has his name on my policy.....and those doityourselfinabox low ball risks are there if a difficulty arises......someday without any backup. So be it, but not for me.

This is exactly why I decided to go with an attorney for the trust. I would rather pay more upfront than take a mandatory federal vacation.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:02 pm 
Elite Member

Sean is GTG. If somebody needs a trust in tx he is who I send them to

[email protected]

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:49 am 

I also used Sean. He was great to work with and didn't cost near $600.
I understand you may be able to use a template to do a trust and do fine with it. But for me I wanted a pretty much guaranteed deal that I will never have any issues with the law and whether my trust was done correctly or not. As a doctor, I cannot afford to risk my entire career over a mistake.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:16 pm 
Senior Silent Operator

I used Sean to create my Trust. Had it in less that a week, including the weekend. He is very helpful and is there for support with future questions etc. Thats what I paid for, I could have done it on legal zoom or another site but if I screwed up on the paperwork the men in black could be kicking down my door. I would recommend Sean to all my friends.

FFL (07)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:51 pm 

http://www.texaslawshield.com/chl.php

This is their Gun Trust site http://www.tlsnfa.com/

I used them and it was super easy and cost me 250 bucks. I also have my CHL protection through them.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:14 pm 
Silent But Deadly

chili17 wrote:
Sean is GTG. If somebody needs a trust in tx he is who I send them to

Ditto.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:08 pm 

oilfieldtrash76 wrote:
I used Sean to create my Trust. Had it in less that a week, including the weekend. He is very helpful and is there for support with future questions etc. Thats what I paid for, I could have done it on legal zoom or another site but if I screwed up on the paperwork the men in black could be kicking down my door. I would recommend Sean to all my friends.

I am going to use my first post of this forum to kick this back to the top. Sean is a great guy!

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:09 pm 
Silent But Deadly

Sean did mine as well as a friend who I recommended. I have never even met him in person as it was not necessary to get the trust done.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:51 pm 
Senior Silent Operator

Sean is working on mine right now. He called the next morning after I emailed him, great guy to talk to. Very informative website http://www.texasnfatrust.com/

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:59 pm 
Silent But Deadly

Thanks for the kind words and your business.

Enjoyed talking to you this morning.

http://www.Houstonattorney.org

http://www.Atomiclabrat.com

Family and Criminal Law services in Houston, TX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:05 am 
Silent But Deadly

Did mine also. I feel comfortable knowing that I can always go back to an attorney to ask any question that may arise concerning legalities and how I should go about completing any task related to the trust.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:06 pm 
Silent But Deadly

not that it needs to be said now, but Sean did mine, cool guy too.

YHM15 SBR (pending)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:01 pm 

I am late to the thread, but Sean Cody did mine very quickly. Just took a phone call and next thing I knew, I got the email with everything I needed.

Thanks S. C.!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:33 am 

I got setup with him a little over two years ago and sadly have not put the trust to use yet. Sean is a stand-up guy and will answer any questions you can think of. I may give him a call in a few days to get the ball rolling on a couple of things i want to buy. Don't think twice about using his services!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:01 am 

I used Sean a long while back. He was of great help and I had the trust pretty quickly. I have had no problems 7 stamps later. I referred him to a friend of mine and he had great service as well. +1 for Mr. Cody!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:55 am 

NFA Gun Trust Attorney in Central Texas

I prepare NFA Gun Trusts for $300 for law-abiding citizens throughout Texas, but especially in the Central Texas area. If you would like to come to my office in downtown Austin to execute the documents, I will provide the witnesses and the notary at no extra charge. When you leave my office, you will be ready to visit your favorite Class III dealer. It's that easy!

I am a preferred provider of NFA Gun Trusts for the clients of several Central Texas Class III dealers. My affiliations include: National Rifle Association - Benefactor Member; Texas State Rifle Association - Patron Member; National Skeet Shooting Association - Life Member; and Texas Skeet Shooters Association - Life Member.

Jim Willi
Willi Law Firm, P.C.
100 Congress Ave., Ste. 1530
Austin, TX 78701-2717
Tel. (512) 288-3200
Fax (512) 288-3202
Email [email protected]

Austin, TX 78701-2717
Tel. (512) 288-3200
Fax (512) 288-3202
Email [email protected]
Texas NFA Gun Trust Website www.myguntrust.com