1st post for Arizona - Who else is here!

Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah
Artful
Silent But Deadly

Post by Artful » Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:12 pm

Well checked spot out Cottonwood way and it's not car friendly either - also checked out Black Canyon city site which also has ruts that will mess up most cars with careless drivers.

Keep looking... :)
"Trying to tax yourself into prosperity is like standing in a bucket and trying to pick yourself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill

Artful
Silent But Deadly

Post by Artful » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:14 pm

Checked out Rainbow on southwest side of Goodyear -
It's car friendly roads - nothing in the way of features (water, potties etc)

Anyone interested in doing a shoot out that way?
"Trying to tax yourself into prosperity is like standing in a bucket and trying to pick yourself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill

Frank Rizzo
Elite Member

Post by Frank Rizzo » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:46 am

Sounds good. Is that private land out there? I can't find any public areas around there on my map program. Thanks for looking so hard cuz I was fresh out of ideas.

Artful
Silent But Deadly

Post by Artful » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:17 pm

Well it appears on an aerial map from map quest as Sonorian desert national monument?
shoot - it's not Indian Res so that's good
but not sure of National monument boundries either as no signs the way I went in off Rainbow Valley road south of Riggs road... hmmm

http://www.blm.gov/az/rec/nmarcopa.htm
http://www.blm.gov/az/rec/sraestra.htm
in the area also... hmmm

plenty of shooting evidence - darn trashy pests - picked up at least 24 pack of broken beer bottles when I went...

I'll have to research some more.

Ford

Post by Ford » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:50 pm

Another AZ native checking in. Some of you might already know me, and for that, i appologize. 8)

---Ford---

Artful
Silent But Deadly

Post by Artful » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:09 am

Ford wrote:Another AZ native checking in. Some of you might already know me, and for that, i appologize. 8)

---Ford---
:twisted:

Dweezil
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dweezil » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:45 pm

I usually do Table Mesa on a Monday as it's less crowded. I usually go a little farther to where it's Jeep but not car accessible.
"I'm from the government...I'm here to help."

Frank Rizzo
Elite Member

Post by Frank Rizzo » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:53 pm

If all any of us can find are 4x4 areas, why don't we just go for it. We can carpool like friendly people. Since all I have to bring to the table is an Evo45, I feel that if I can truck other people to a good spot, I will have earned my right to participate in the shoot. :) Everyone who wants to go, chime in and say if you have a 4x4 or not. Also, who has seen most of the areas mentioned? Which area do you think is best? The only place I know well is up Beeline.

Artful
Silent But Deadly

Post by Artful » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:13 am

Best is a relative term, I would say out Sycamore creek or four peaks area so far looks like the best choice.

Dweezil
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dweezil » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:44 pm

I can fit 4 or 5 in my Cherokee but I don't yet have anything suppressed. Still waiting on my tax return so I can submit the Form 1. I do have a 37mm launcher with some interesting loads if the fire danger isn't too high.
"I'm from the government...I'm here to help."

Artful
Silent But Deadly

Post by Artful » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:07 am

Well shouldn't be to high today it was wet in chandler and scottsdale.

Wally
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wally » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:23 pm

I have a 4X2 truck that can handle someone...We should figure this out and set a date and time...I don't know about you guys, but if you have something to shoot, come on out, suppressed or not...Wally

JohnnyC
Silent But Deadly

Post by JohnnyC » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:54 am

Central Phoenix here. First night I moved in I heard gunshots in the apartment complex behind my house. Unfortunately I just shoot at Scottsdale Gun Club, nowhere fun yet.

2ndchance
Silent Operator

Hello Zonies!

Post by 2ndchance » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:50 am

Hello fellow Zonies.

New to the board and I come packing 3 quiet toys.

I know of an area that is a great shooting spot. It's up here near Lake Pleasant. Several miles EAST of Ben Avery's Public Range.

When you get onto New River Road from either Lake Pleasant Rd or the Carefree HWY, you drive just past Mile Marker 4 (4.3 miles). After Mile Maker 4, you will approach a Cattle Guard. As soon as you drive over it, turn right (east) onto the dirt path. Take it in about 0.8 miles. The road will curve right and take you right into the primary spot. From there, you'll have two good areas to shoot. Both areas have a HUGE 10-30 ft burms. The nearest building to this area is over a mile away... so it's pretty safe and you're generally not disturbed there.

This area get busy during Dove Season. Occasionally, there are some ATVs and Dirt Bikes roaring in the background. I don't give them much mind, as I am always shooting into the burms.

I am usually free on Sundays. I'm always up for an early morning shoot, then breakfast at Dennys @ Deer Valley Rd & I-17.

Here's a link to the map.

http://map.live.com/?v=2&sp=Point.pn77f ... &encType=1
Last edited by 2ndchance on Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frank Rizzo
Elite Member

Post by Frank Rizzo » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:47 pm

Welcome to the board man!

Thanks for the info on that area. I'm an east sider, so I've never done any shooting up that way, but now I want to check it out.

Couple of questions...

Did you name yourself after the body armor? And we gotta know...what quiet toys are you packing?

All I've got right now is an Evo45 on an HK USP Tactical, but I'm pretty close to adding a Tactical Solutions Cascade Titanium .22.

2ndchance
Silent Operator

Post by 2ndchance » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:58 am

There is a lengthy explanation to my name. The summary is, I've survived way too many times on situations that should have killed me. So, its a reminder that I have a 2nd chance at life. Ironically, that's also my dog's name (for the same reason).

I own three toys.

AAC M4-2000 (.223 / 5.56)
AAC Striker-II (9mm)
Tactical Inc TAC-65 (.22LR)

I live in the NW Glendale area, Arrowhead.

===========
Tactical Inc TAC-65
AAC Striker-II, M4-2000. EVO-9
YHM-3300
Form1 22LR integrated (on Ruger MKII)
Form1 30cal integrated (on AR-300BLK)
D3LLC DEFCON 4SD, DEFCON 4SDK, DEFCON 45SD, DEFCON 2

Frank Rizzo
Elite Member

Post by Frank Rizzo » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:34 am

Very cool assortment 2ndChance. We should definitely get a shoot going. There are a bunch of us on this board who live in Phx Metro area and a few guys in Tucson who would probably trek up here for it. It would also be good to do it before the fire danger skyrockets and they post no shooting signs...at least that's what they do in Tanto Nat'l Forest in the summer months.
Sunday mornings are my best time too. Who else in AZ is up for some Sunday morning coffee and fun??? Let's get serious and do this before swampass season is fully upon us. :lol:

2ndchance
Silent Operator

Post by 2ndchance » Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:55 am

As of right now, I am available any Sunday in May except May 13, as that is Mother's day.
===========
Tactical Inc TAC-65
YHM-3300

Artful
Silent But Deadly

Re: Hello Zonies!

Post by Artful » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:40 pm

2ndchance wrote:Hello fellow Zonies.

New to the board and I come packing 3 quiet toys.

I know of an area that is a great shooting spot. It's up here near Lake Pleasant. Several miles EAST of Ben Avery's Public Range.

When you get onto New River Road from either Lake Pleasant Rd or the Carefree HWY, you drive just past Mile Marker 4 (4.3 miles). After Mile Maker 4, you will approach a Cattle Guard. As soon as you drive over it, turn right (east) onto the dirt path. Take it in about 0.8 miles. The road will curve right and take you right into the primary spot. From there, you'll have two good areas to shoot. Both areas have a HUGE 10-30 ft burms. The nearest building to this area is over a mile away... so it's pretty safe and you're generally not disturbed there.

This area get busy during Dove Season. Occasionally, there are some ATVs and Dirt Bikes roaring in the background. I don't give them much mind, as I am always shooting into the burms.

I am usually free on Sundays. I'm always up for an early morning shoot, then breakfast at Dennys @ Deer Valley Rd & I-17.

Here's a link to the map.

http://map.live.com/?v=2&sp=Point.pn77f ... &encType=1
Welcome - is this spot 2WD/Car friendly?

2ndchance
Silent Operator

Post by 2ndchance » Tue May 01, 2007 12:06 am

I would definitely say that it is NOT car friendly. If you have a truck or SUV that is 2WD, it'll make it. I have a 2003 Chevy Trailblazer and I do just fine, if that gives you any indication.

There are two small washes you have to cross. They're only 10 feet wide, but it drops sharply, and there are usually a couple of football size rocks at the base. If it wasn't for these two washes, a car would make it.

Years ago, a buddy and I actually filled in these washes. But over the years, flash flooding eroded it back to what it was. Mother Nature always wins. LOL.
===========
Tactical Inc TAC-65
YHM-3300

Esteves
Silent Operator

Post by Esteves » Thu May 31, 2007 2:16 am

This seems like the right thread to say "hi."
--
S

KJ011

Post by KJ011 » Thu May 31, 2007 3:35 pm

Checking in from Chandler AZ. KJ

markm
Silent But Deadly

Post by markm » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:38 am

w00t!

Chick Brewster

Post by Chick Brewster » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:10 pm

Here's another newbie.. from Chandler that could use some good advice on how to get started getting the best can for a 10.5" M-16.

-cb-

gunslinger808

Post by gunslinger808 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:30 pm

Florence here.
w00t!