File paper or wait for E-Forms?

2nd Amendment and Freedom

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

midaswhale

File paper or wait for E-Forms?

Post by midaswhale »

I have two supressors sitting at my dealer. I am struggling with the decision on filing the form 4's. My dealer reccomends I go ahead and file paper forms, but I am considering waiting for eforms to come back online.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Am I way out of line? Have any of you industry pro's heard anything about a solid lead time on eforms?

Thanks,
midaswhale
wtrski76

Re: File paper or wait for E-Forms?

Post by wtrski76 »

We KNOW that if you submit the paper F4, that it will take between 5 and 9 months to receive it back.
We DONT KNOW when E-forms will be turned back on for form 4s, and when it is, what the wait times will be like.
I personally like to go with the known rather than the unknown with this stuff, which is why I have not worried about a couple of months plus or minus and submitted paper forms since eforms went down instead of trying to beat the timer by waiting for it to come back on.
NFA is a waiting game, so hurry up and wait!
ShadesFox

Post by ShadesFox »

No one has an estimate on when reforms returns for 4s. I was facing the same delimma as you back in May. I shouldn't have waited a few weeks, I should have paper filed immediately. When I get my new can in a few weeks I'll paper file immediately.
midaswhale

Post by midaswhale »

Thanks for the input guys, it's right in line with what everyone has been telling me. I believe I'll file paper.

Midaswhale
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

There were some guys that debated this topic about 6 months ago and held out for the Efile to come back, they are regretting it now because they could almost have their cans now, instead they are just now starting their 8 month journey.

Should be a lesson to everyone.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

Was in the same boat back in May. Thankfully I only wasted a few weeks of indecision instead of a few months by now.