SBR (form 1) paperwork questions

2nd Amendment and Freedom

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

dave22
Silent But Deadly

SBR (form 1) paperwork questions

Post by dave22 »

In the length boxes how do you figure overall length? The stock I will be using is collapsible. Do they want the measurement extended or collapsed?

In the "other markings" box is this where your engraving goes? ie "TL Smith trust Phoenix AZ"

Also there is another MFG name on there already along with country and state do I add that in there as well?

Anyone have a link to an example of how a SBR form 1 is filled out?

Dave
Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Re: SBR (form 1) paperwork questions

Post by Diomed »

dave22 wrote:In the length boxes how do you figure overall length? The stock I will be using is collapsible. Do they want the measurement extended or collapsed?
The stock is to be measured at maximum extension. You measure the barrel from the closed breechface to the end of any permanent attachments (flash hiders, brakes, etc.). Overall length is measured using ... some technique I can't remember the specifics of.
In the "other markings" box is this where your engraving goes? ie "TL Smith trust Phoenix AZ"
Just leave it blank.
Also there is another MFG name on there already along with country and state do I add that in there as well?
Do you mean there is a manufacturer as well as an importer (e.g. an imported AK will have foreign and domestic markings)?
jhrgr
Silent Operator

Re: SBR (form 1) paperwork questions

Post by jhrgr »

Diomed wrote:
dave22 wrote:In the length boxes how do you figure overall length? The stock I will be using is collapsible. Do they want the measurement extended or collapsed?
The stock is to be measured at maximum extension. You measure the barrel from the closed breechface to the end of any permanent attachments (flash hiders, brakes, etc.). Overall length is measured using ... some technique I can't remember the specifics of.
Note on barrel length: That is correct, WITH any "permanent attachments", however if it is removable it is measured without.
That is how NFA explained it when I did my Form 1.
dave22
Silent But Deadly

Post by dave22 »

Well it's a special weapons brand HK mp-5 clone so the "special weapons Gilbert AZ" is on there should I put that in the other markings box?

Do you have to specify somewhere on the form 1 what the engraving will be?

Appreciate your help BTW

Dave
jhs27275
Silent But Deadly

Post by jhs27275 »

dave22 wrote: Do you have to specify somewhere on the form 1 what the engraving will be?
You can put it in 4h.
Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Post by Diomed »

dave22 wrote:Well it's a special weapons brand HK mp-5 clone so the "special weapons Gilbert AZ" is on there should I put that in the other markings box?
No, just put the Special Weapons info in 4a.
Do you have to specify somewhere on the form 1 what the engraving will be?
No. It's really best to not put down what you're engraving, there is no need to do so.

The usual advice is to put alternate configurations in 4h. Different calibers, barrel lengths, etc. Or if you had more than one serial number, put it there.