Any reviews/video of a Thompson Machine Operative Integral?

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

BLAKE2131
Silent But Deadly

Re: Any reviews/video of a Thompson Machine Operative Integr

Post by BLAKE2131 »

i love my operative i had them do a 1-9 twist for my 77/22 its accurate and its stupid quiet the only problem is when you shoot the SSSs the chamber gets dirty and you have to pry the regular LR out with a knife or something but clean it and that goes away also everyone that shoots it loves it
Blake
Liberty Suppressors
Remember to follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Greg Kulbick
Silent But Deadly

Post by Greg Kulbick »

Quick! Call the cops! Someone stole all that guy's punctuation!
www.renegade-armament.com
01 FFL/03 SOT
kokopelli
Silent Operator

Post by kokopelli »

Neither of the 'stocking dealers' shown on the website for my state -Kentucky- have them even listed on their websites. -?-

Are these available direct from TM if I have my guy order it?
jaredr
Silent But Deadly

Post by jaredr »

yes, TM will ship to any SOT, not just stocking dealers.
kokopelli
Silent Operator

Post by kokopelli »

cool- I'll have to get him to call and get a price on it!
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

Talk to Matt at Deep Creek outfitters, http://www.fungunshoot.com/

He can fix you up. Great prices and a pleasure to deal with. Thompson will have to sell it to you at MSRP when selling direct.
kokopelli
Silent Operator

Post by kokopelli »

Thanks a hundred! :wink:

-playing phone tag with Matt, he had the best price on it...
YourCoWorker
Senior Silent Operator

Re:

Post by YourCoWorker »

Brooks@Thompson Machine wrote:On both the Operative and Operative S integrally suppressed barrels, the baffle stack is easily removable for cleaning. Simply unscrew it with the included take-down tool, brush it off with a stiff bristled brush, spray some good gun oil on it, and re-insert.

On the Operative S, the whole suppressor tube can be removed from the barrel, and you can clean the ports.

On the Operative, the suppressor tube is permanently attached to the barrel for an overall lenghth of 17" so that you dont have to SBR your 10/22 receiver.

You can still clean the ports by running solvent and a brush down the bore, although we have not had any issues with the ports clogging up.
I got the call last night from my dealer - going to pick up my Thompson 10-22 takedown today.

I've got the AAC Element and Element 2, and have become accustomed to being able to aggressively clean them. I have used the dip, stainless wet tumbling, baking soda blaster, and good old scraping with a dental pick. The baffles cannot be damaged.

I understand that the baffle on the Thompson is anodized aluminum, I guess very much like any AR lower.

I think the only cleaning method available now is soda blasting and brushing, which I hate doing because it is so damn messy. Is there something I can spray on the baffles to reduce the leading? The post above is 4 years old now - any issues with the ports clogging since that post?
bayonet14
Silent But Deadly

Post by bayonet14 »

Had my 10/22 Operative barrel for about 2 years - still seems as quite as the day I got it - shoot mostly CCI / Blazer and Federal 22 bulk pack. And I think if it ever clogs up at the ports I'll just have TM service the barrel.
gnj091405

Post by gnj091405 »

Just got mine (Thompson Machine Operative) yesterday.
Haven't tried it yet, but it ISN'T going to fit in my 'Stock' Walnut Stock.
Edit: I now realize I have a 'tapered' barrel whereas this Thompson is a 'Bull barrel' size.
Their website says: "Built with a .920” barrel profile just like a stock 10/22 bull barrel, the Operative installed on your rifle will look no different than a standard target model 10/22."
But, I was thinking that the diameter looks larger than my stock barrel.
Edit: doh, because it is....
I haven't started the swap out yet, just researching techniques, videos, etc. to make sure it goes smoothly.
If I have to modify my Stock, so be it, just wondering if anyone has, and if there are any suggestions?
Edit: Check that, I WILL have to modify my stock, any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

(Can't wait to plink!)
gnj091405

Re:

Post by gnj091405 »

TPayne wrote:I can back Sweet's post up, too. The operative truely is silly quiet. The videos do not do the Operative justice. To truely appreciate the performance, you need to shoot it in person. I am the proud owner of an Operative and am currently waiting on it to clear on the Form 4. Once it clears, I will do a comparison vid of it versus an unsuppressed 10/22 and versus a BB gun.
Old Thread, I know... but if any of you are still around...

When installing, was the Barrel 'loose'?
I am kind of Anal and while watching the Kidd video (I have a new Kidd receiver, (actually 100% all Kidd Build except for Titan Stock and Thompson Machine Integrally suppressed Barrel)) I noticed that they do a resistance fit. Thus my receiver is undersized yet my barrel still rotates freely. I am afraid (since it's all Brand spanking new) that if I install it, and it's still loose, it will be 'my fault' and not 100% unused, etc.
Thus far I have heard:
Use 460 (or was it 640?) Loctite
'Don't worry about it, just install, and if necessary, use the special block (another extra piece I'll have to buy).

Those of you who have installed it, how 'loose' was it in your Receiver?
Thanks in advance.
bayonet14
Silent But Deadly

Re: Any reviews/video of a Thompson Machine Operative Integral?

Post by bayonet14 »

I have mine now mounted in a Kidd receiver - Kidd V block no issues - but I have also beaded the action and barrel (about 2" forward of the receiver) at 12/15 inch pounds.

After the beading - its a laser at 50 yards
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Post by a_canadian »

bayonet14 wrote:I have also beaded the action and barrel (about 2" forward of the receiver) at 12/15 inch pounds.
Pardon my ignorance, as I'm not much of a rifle guy... but what is 'beading the action' and how is this 'beading' measured in inch-pounds? When I Google search for it Google corrects me and says I mean 'bedding' with which I'm very familiar. But since you've said this in two threads it seems you are intending 'beading' not 'bedding' so would you explain?
RJT
Silent But Deadly

Post by RJT »

I'd bet bedding got auto-corrected to beading. ;-)
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.