Smith Enterprises WINDTALKER

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

cheshier2

Smith Enterprises WINDTALKER

Post by cheshier2 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ5m90Yc_DM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t8YGyJODTU

There customer service is calling you an idiot and every F word they can get out before you hang up on them..
Last edited by cheshier2 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Re: Smith Enterprises WINDTALKER

Post by rogerme »

LOL you fire that you are gonna be doing allot of yelling when the can flies downrange. The allot of talking trying to get it fixed.

Now is it just me or does the very idea of using a SET SCREW seem ungodly stupid? Would this not do more harm then good as there is only ONE this means the tighter you make it the further it is going to "cant" the can in that direction thus making baffle strikes more likely the even a slightly loose can would?
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

So they full of wind? :mrgreen:
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
rockman96
Silent But Deadly

Post by rockman96 »

What a joke. The pressure involved at this point is unbelievable. At best, I would expect serious baffle strikes.
cheshier2

Post by cheshier2 »

I tightened up the screw fired 1 rd and yes there was a baffle strike.. ( there is NO info on there web site or instructions about this screw)

I was told by Ron Smith AND I QUOTE

""Its not in there, which means DON’T F WITH IT. You took it upon yourself to unscrew that set screw. It clearly shows in the “evidence” video you supplied to us, that you purposely loosened and adjusted that set screw to make the suppressor go out of alignment prior to shooting. Because of your shear ignorance, you are the only one, out of a few thousand who has had this problem. DID IT SHOW IN THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS TO MESS WITH IT? NO IT DOESN’T!!!""

If you buy there stuff you better have ESP.. Because your an Idiot and there god..
AND THERE ARE NO INSTRUCTIONS!!!!

This can is louder than a 2002 Gemtech TPS twice as loud.
10 year old technology is quieter. I sell a lot of Suppressors bought this at
The shot show to try and pick up another 308 option for my customers
What a waist of $800. Smith enterprise charged $100 to ship this 1 suppressor
To me... Buyers beware!!!!!!!

rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

cheshier2 wrote:I tightened up the screw fired 1 rd and yes there was a baffle strike..
You knew the mount/ can was not fitted correctly you then decided to play with a SET SCREW. You then chose to use it on a weapon? Does not sound like a bright idea to me. You made 2 vids showing how crappy the fit between the suppressor and mount was but uses it anyway LOL. You sell "lots" of suppressors but after you're inspection and complaints you did not ensure bother to check the alignment with the bore? I think what you SHOULD have done is sent it back BEFORE you tried to use it. If one of my cans fit that bad I sure as heel would not put round 1 through it.

Maybe you should have coated the internals with SPUGE the round would have slid though without damage... :lol:
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

Did you play with one at the shot show? Was it tight?

Also a baffle strike is going to be more loud.
cheshier2

Post by cheshier2 »

Smith Enterprises would not take it back NO MATTER WHAT!!! Even before it was approved, and before it shipped to me THEY WOULD NOT REFUND ME MY MONEY!!. I fired it to prove its a piece of crap!!! AND BUYERS BEWARE!!!! You ever have an issue with any other items you are on your own.

SPUGE IS NOT FOR RIFLE SUPPRESSORS!!!

I found this after I started dealing with them..
http://www.smithenterprisesucks.com/
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

It's for pulling wires.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Emilio wrote:Also a baffle strike is going to be more loud.
Whats your basis for this comment?

A baffle struck baffle can be louder, but you will never HEAR the baffle being struck unless its a catastrophic strike.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

cheshier2 wrote:Smith Enterprises would not take it back NO MATTER WHAT!!! Even before it was approved, and before it shipped to me THEY WOULD NOT REFUND ME MY MONEY!!. I fired it to prove its a piece of crap!!! AND BUYERS BEWARE!!!! You ever have an issue with any other items you are on your own.

SPUGE IS NOT FOR RIFLE SUPPRESSORS!!!

I found this after I started dealing with them..
http://www.smithenterprisesucks.com/
So why don't you get it recored so that it is quieter? I assume since the endcap comes off the baffles dome out, thats an easy recore.
cheshier2

Post by cheshier2 »

Bendersquint wrote:
So why don't you get it recored so that it is quieter? I assume since the endcap comes off the baffles dome out, thats an easy recore.

I dont buy suppressors to send them out and have them recored... I would not smack a dog in the ass with this suppressor..
Its in the shop showing what not to buy!!!!
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

cheshier2 wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:

I dont buy suppressors to send them out and have them recored... I would not smack a dog in the ass with this suppressor..
Its in the shop showing what not to buy!!!!
Most people buy suppressors so they can shoot them, and if they don't work as advertised they fix them. :shock:
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

Bendersquint wrote:

A baffle struck baffle can be louder, but you will never HEAR the baffle being struck unless its a catastrophic strike.
I heard one myself on a AK. We all knew something went wrong. Oh and "you" don't believe most are end cap but guess what. :mrgreen:
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

Op, tag your youtube's well make more, spread the word on every Silencer board.

I once had the same issue with Browning and hung up a poster child too. :D
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Emilio wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:

I heard one myself on a AK. We all knew something went wrong. Oh and "you" don't believe most are end cap but guess what. :mrgreen:
Did you hear the bullet tumbling after the strike or did you hear the bullet actually hit the suppressor?

Endcap strikes are better than baffle strikes.

There is a difference between an endcap strike and a baffle strike, though most people call them the same thing.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

Bendersquint wrote:

Did you hear the bullet tumbling after the strike or did you hear the bullet actually hit the suppressor?

Endcap strikes are better than baffle strikes.

There is a difference between an endcap strike and a baffle strike, though most people call them the same thing.
We heard strange sound at the can, bullet when far down rang. end cap mean "end" :mrgreen: also nick the last one or to baffles.

Is that a end cap in pic? ( threaded one ) :idea:
Schulze
Silent But Deadly

Post by Schulze »

Amateurish M baffle piece of junk.
snipecatcher
Silent But Deadly

Post by snipecatcher »

Ouch. Reminds me of my experience with Shooter's Depot. Some people just should not be making these things...
jtr

Post by jtr »

Is this the same suppressor as the Fisher Enterprise that Smith was selling?
Brandon1

Post by Brandon1 »

jtr wrote:Is this the same suppressor as the Fisher Enterprise that Smith was selling?
Yes. But the new windtalker is suppose to have a new baffle design and end cap according to Ron. That baffle looks like the older design.....Hummmm. I ordered a smith can and waited for more than 6 months allot of run around and still no form3 filed so I canceled. I ordered a can from David Fisher I should be able to pick it up it in a week.

EDIT:

That is definitely the old style baffle. My Form4 just came in today and I compared the Fisher baffle to yours and it is the same.
sardo67
Silent Operator

Post by sardo67 »

Brandon1 wrote:
jtr wrote:Is this the same suppressor as the Fisher Enterprise that Smith was selling?
Yes. But the new windtalker is suppose to have a new baffle design and end cap according to Ron. That baffle looks like the older design.....Hummmm. I ordered a smith can and waited for more than 6 months allot of run around and still no form3 filed so I canceled. I ordered a can from David Fisher I should be able to pick it up it in a week.
EDIT:
That is definitely the old style baffle. My Form4 just came in today and I compared the Fisher baffle to yours and it is the same.
wow you ordered a can from him and it actually cam in? i only had to wait for 6 months with him saying "the form 3 is at the ATF" only to find out "ohhh i got you confused with another guy, i never sent out the Form3. do you want your money back?"
prior to me sending him money i asked "you have these in stock, ready to ship right now?" he said yes so.....
my can is ok i guess, i mean it's on an M-14 which are loud as hell anyway but very nice on my 5.56 and 308 bolt gun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67Y1Z-mqQQQ

and OP, it's not a good idea to shoot a bad can just to demo that it's no good. i also don't understand your problem with that set screw, that goes into the grooves of the vortex to locate it, if it's in there it won't rotate.