Looking for AAC Element2 info (vs. Spectre II)

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly

Looking for AAC Element2 info (vs. Spectre II)

Post by FSCJedi »

So the holder of the purse strings has told me I can purchase a second .22 suppressor so that she and I can both have some fun shooting suppressed in the back yard. I have the SWR Spectre (upgraded to Spectre II) and am EXTREMELY happy with it. I'm not necessarily opposed to purchasing a second one, but thought I might branch out. I'm curious if anyone has any comparison information on decibels for the Element2 versus the Spectre II or Sparrow, etc...? I like the fact that it's lightweight and a baffle stack (as opposed to monocore... I like limited FRP).
"I said I never had much use for [a pistol], never said I didn't know how to use it." - Matthew Quigley

Keep your powder dry. Molon labe!
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Re: Looking for AAC Element2 info (vs. Spectre II)

Post by Emilio »

Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly

Post by FSCJedi »

Emilio wrote:Rifle or pistol?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF_xsaJ-iyM
Pistol. I've seen this video, but unless SWR just left off the "2", that's the original Element they use, not the Element2.
"I said I never had much use for [a pistol], never said I didn't know how to use it." - Matthew Quigley

Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

The only change to the Element was Ti tube and end cap so should sound the same.

Great pistol can, light, small, always at the top for pistols, always consistent. (Not so quiet on Rifles.)

I was surprise the SpectreII beat it in that >one< test on pistol. The Spectre II will be much easier to clean but as you know heavier/longer.

Don't worry about sound, the real issue is cleaning and size/weight between the two (on pistol). I own one but would love to have both! :P

Maybe price will help you pick.
FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly

Post by FSCJedi »

Emilio wrote:The only change to the Element was Ti tube and end cap so should sound the same.

Great pistol can, light, small, always at the top for pistols, always consistent. (Not so quiet on Rifles.)

I was surprise the SpectreII beat it in that >one< test on pistol. The Spectre II will be much easier to clean but as you know heavier/longer.

Don't worry about sound, the real issue is cleaning and size/weight between the two (on pistol). I own one but would love to have both! :P

Maybe price will help you pick.
The Element2 is only user-serviceable through the front endcap, correct? The rear doesn't screw off, right?

Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

The problem with the new rear cap is you can't use the rod to keep the baffles align like the old one so its a major pain Putting it back together. :roll:

I would get the Spectre . :mrgreen: