Is the Spectre II quieter than the Warlock II?

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

FirstRoundPop

Is the Spectre II quieter than the Warlock II?

Post by FirstRoundPop »

Local dealer has both. The Warlock II is lighter and cheaper, plus I'm ONLY going to be shooting .22 LR. On the other hand the Spectre II is all SS, and would be easier to clean. saw some SWR comparison videos online. The Spectre II seems to be 2 db quieter. I'm new to pistol and rim fire cans, and I don't know if 2 db will be noticeable. Gonna put it on a M&P 15-22, and a Ruger Mark III.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Is the Spectre II quieter than the Warlock II?

Post by Bendersquint »

FirstRoundPop wrote:Local dealer has both. The Warlock II is lighter and cheaper, plus I'm ONLY going to be shooting .22 LR. On the other hand the Spectre II is all SS, and would be easier to clean. saw some SWR comparison videos online. The Spectre II seems to be 2 db quieter. I'm new to pistol and rim fire cans, and I don't know if 2 db will be noticeable. Gonna put it on a M&P 15-22, and a Ruger Mark III.
Get the Spectre, you won't regret it, easier to clean and you will NEVER EVER EVER EVER need to replace the baffles as you will with the Warlock's aluminum baffles.
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

I love my Spectre II's. Was comparing the Spectre II on a GSG-1911-22 to a Kodiak TL on a Walther P22 and the GSG w/ Spectre II was noticeably quieter than the P22. I haven't shot either enough to have to clean them yet but break both down often just to check out the guts and the Spectre II comes apart very easily and I know I can drop it in the dip and eliminate most of the scrubbing and scraping. SS guts is the way to go! And I'm the first to admit that I love Liberty products and customer service but it's harder to take apart that Kodiak TL with half the amount of rounds through it than the Spectre II.
I've gotta stop this habit.
Mcgilbery

Post by Mcgilbery »

Get the Spectre II it's pellet gun quite. Built like a tank multicaliber rated. Not to heavy either.
cmichael
Senior Silent Operator

Post by cmichael »

Mcgilbery wrote:Get the Spectre II it's pellet gun quite. Built like a tank multicaliber rated. Not to heavy either.
I have the SS Sparrow and Spectre II, My Spectre II using subsonic round is more quite than stable gun :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

I was out today shooting my 96/22, Spectre II and CCI Standard velocity. Giggle quiet. Get it and never look back.
If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst or explode, it's not worth shooting.