Looking to purchase first suppressor

Post your experiences here.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw

unclemoak
Silent Operator

Looking to purchase first suppressor

Post by unclemoak »

I'm looking to buy a .22 suppressor to mount on my 10/22 and some where down the road maybe on my buckmark. I was wondering what are some suppressors that I should start reading up on? From what I've read I think I'd like to go with a design that is able to disassemble for cleaning because I'm pretty meticulous about keeping my guns clean. What considerations need to be taken into account when selecting a brand/model?
Engineer looking for a new job, PM me
NAM
Silent But Deadly

Post by NAM »

I love my TAC-65.

I would recommend something that can be disassembled. Prefferably stainless. It'll be a bit heavier, but stainless is much easier to clean up. With aluminum, about your only option is bead blasting. With stainless, you can use solvents that will remove the lead. With aluminum, it'll eat the aluminum too.
Silent But Deadly

Post by #93 »

I have been happy with the quality of my Tactical innovations TAC 67. It is not cutting edge but it is well made. While they do not make that model anymore I am sure their new cans are of equal quality.

SWR is coming out with a Warlock that will disassemble, With the options I see available today that model deserves a good hard look.

AAC makes the Prodigy. It is priced a the top of the 22 can market but it has quite a few features not offered in any other design.

All these cans come apart and are from long established companies. There are some other choices from companies who are new to the industry or have always been surrounded by drama that I did not mention.

You are wise to be looking at 22 cans you can disassemble.
This message has been approved by #93
Silent But Deadly

Post by 3101 »

There are a ton of .22 cans on the market....you are gonna get as many opinions as their are cans.
While cans that can be disassembled have a big + right now, sealed cans work just fine, and most come with some kind of cleaning guarantee...and as long as I have been on this board I can't recall anyone complaining that their can was rendered useless by shooting....

I would suggest talking to a STOCKING dealer in your area, and hopefully shooting a few samples to get an idea of what your $$$$ will get you
Mr. Burns: This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you.
Smithers: You are noble and poetic in defeat, sir.
Sid Post
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sid Post »

You won't go wrong with any SWR or AAC purchase. I'm not a GemTech fan in general but, their Outback II is highly regarded by many. Tactical Innovations is a good choice that seems to have a little more First Round Pop but, is a cost effective take apart can.
gaw
Silent Operator

Post by gaw »

i have an outback II and after about 7000 rounds it still works great. if i had to start over i would try the archangle "T" (AWC)
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

You are shitting me.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/AWC-ARCH-T.html

"AWC has elected to use superior materials to increase the longevity of the suppressor and abosrb the cost increase, rather than pass that onto the consumer."

The thing is a conventional sealed can and $600. They are not passing it on to the consumer?
Quietly-Effectively
Silent But Deadly

Popular .22 suppressors

Post by Quietly-Effectively »

These seem to be the best selling or are made by well known manufacturers;

1. SWR Warlock, $395 retail
2. Gemtech Outback II, $325 retail
3. AAC Pilot, $350 retail
4. YHM Mite ( disassembles ), $250 retail
5. SRT Arms Cheyenne XL, $335 retail
6. Tactical Solutions Cascade, $325 retail
YHM 3200
SRT Cheyenne XL, AAC Pilot, Spectre
Trident 9
zach h
Silent But Deadly

Post by zach h »

let me throw the ETS crusader and templar out there as well. both dissasemble one is Al the other is SS .

and RSilvers , thats not a bad price for an all Ti can . but the price is being passed on (or Impact is doing some seroius gouging) . I've kicked about making a TI crusader but the cost on my end kinda kills the deal.
Conqueror
Elite Member

Post by Conqueror »

Impact isn't gouging, I think that's the MSRP. The Archangel is ridiculous. Who needs a $600 .22LR can?
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

there is such a thing as your first silencer but never your last

and on that note how bout the Aviator and the SWR Spectre.
unclemoak
Silent Operator

Post by unclemoak »

cyclone72 wrote:there is such a thing as your first silencer but never your last

What is the Spectre? I couldn't find it on the SWR website.

Where can I find more find on the new Warlock that SWT is coming out with?
Engineer looking for a new job, PM me
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

unclemoak wrote:
cyclone72 wrote:there is such a thing as your first silencer but never your last

What is the Spectre? I couldn't find it on the SWR website.

Where can I find more find on the new Warlock that SWT is coming out with?
it is a take apart can that can be used for everything from 17HMR,.22LR,.22 MAG and 5.7.IIRC it's gonna be $499.00 and be available late this year.I have three 22 cans and I may get a Spectre as well.
Fredo

Post by Fredo »

What are people's thoughts on the HTG Universal?
BigGreen
Silent But Deadly

Post by BigGreen »

Fredo wrote:What are people's thoughts on the HTG Universal?
I'm going to get one.
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

.22 cans are many.

But knowing what I know now, i would wait for SWR's Spectre can.
NFAtalk.org